PDA

View Full Version : Chinaman Gulch Report

Crash
09-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, a link to a report anyway. This way you can all see what we did and I don't have to write anything! ;) Be sure to check out the picture of me exiting Carnage Canyon. It was a breeze!! :cool:
http://www.yotatech.com/f100/old-chinaman-s-gulch-august-30-2008-a-153392/

RockRunner
09-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Nice job Steve, I was so bummend that I missed this. And to add injury to insult the party we "HAD" tp go to was the following week.

I am still working on HC, we'll see.

Red_Chili
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
The only thing I found disturbing was the combo of chips, salsa, and Guinness!

:lmao:

Crash
09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Evidently Las Crucians like to chew their beer and wash it down with salsa and Cazadores. Give 'em a break Bill, they are youngsters. I, on the other hand, was drinking Negra Modelo and a splash, or two, of Cazadores.

Uncle Ben
09-10-2008, 11:44 AM
The only thing I found disturbing was the combo of chips, salsa, and Guinness!

I see no problem with that recipe! :thumb::thumb:

Crash
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Kevin,
Did you notice the poser pics in there just for you?

Uncle Ben
09-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Kevin,
Did you notice the poser pics in there just for you?

Of course....hard to miss! I especially like the one below....it has it all.....a Boulevard Cruiser, smiling young yuppy, vehicle off trail, sun flare, and a Hard Core sign indicating but not proving that the vehicle actually did anything requiring 4wd! ;) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/BearJake/Chinaman/P1030574.jpg

Hulk
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
The definition of yuppie has certainly gotten diluted over the years, if Crash is a yuppie.

Uncle Ben
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
The definition of yuppie has certainly gotten diluted over the years, if Crash is a yuppie.

Looks more like a Blues Brother don't he? :rolleyes:

Red_Chili
09-10-2008, 01:54 PM
All he needs is the black tie and hat. All he needs.

Crash
09-10-2008, 02:30 PM

And young? Also, where in the pecking order is a Boulevard Cruiser compared to a Mall Cruiser? Swamper LTBs are certainly no fun on the Blvd.

Uncle Ben
09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
And young? Also, where in the pecking order is a Boulevard Cruiser compared to a Mall Cruiser? Swamper LTBs are certainly no fun on the Blvd.

Hmmmm good questions! Mall Cruisers at least have to negotiate speed bumps but then again west Colfax has a few pot holes that could easily swallow an A1 Abrams..... hmmmmm Then there is the tire thing, lets see....my Mall Cruiser (MC) has 35" very aggressive radials and your BC has 34" tractor tires.....tough call on that one.... :confused: :hill::rolleyes:

Obviously more discussion needed!

Red_Chili
09-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I dunno, Crash's cruiser has got a purdy mouth.

Near as shiny as the Chili!

Crash
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
It should be noted that Chinaman Gulch was in very good repair on Labor Day weekend. We found only a small amount of trash and rock stacking was minimal. Signage was good but I didn't see any signs noting whose adopt-a-trail Chinaman is. The biggest problem we saw was that there were several spots where a spill kit should have been used. Two old puddles at the squeezy uphill that sometimes requires winching and another at an off camber downhill section where all of the quartz rock is. I'm beginning to think that a spill kit should be required equipment for all vehicles.

Uncle Ben
09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I dunno, Crash's cruiser has got a purdy mouth.

Near as shiny as the Chili!

So there it is....or at least part of it. Boulivard Cruisers have a "purdy" mouth. So Crash, Chili and Treeroot are now in a group classification! The "PMS vehicle" group. I like it! Who cares what the pecking order is now........with PMS it changes frequently anyhow! :p::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Red_Chili
09-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Well thankee, but I don't qualify, what with a soft top, homemade armor painted with a brush, and a fuel tank whose capacity has been somewhat reduced from stock... just crawl underneath and you'll know what I mean.

Hmmm... my own Chinaman's pix. Looks like a tad more articulation than some recently posted 40 pix. :bolt:
http://redchili.smugmug.com/photos/297084206_9XQix-M.jpg

http://redchili.smugmug.com/photos/297087638_ikZur-M.jpg

http://redchili.smugmug.com/photos/297090921_XwZFH-M.jpg

Uncle Ben
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Well thankee, but I don't qualify, what with a soft top, homemade armor painted with a brush, and a fuel tank whose capacity has been somewhat reduced from stock... just crawl underneath and you'll know what I mean.

Hmmm... my own Chinaman's pix. Looks like a tad more articulation than some recently posted 40 pix. :bolt:

hey not every thread is about you buddy.. :D :bolt:

:p:
:p: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Red_Chili
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
so I click the link to see where Nakman made that comment...
Hmmm... sounds like PROJECTION to me! :lmao: