PDA

View Full Version : Deadman's Creek.

bh4rnnr
02-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Well, thought i'd give you all an update on Deadman's Creek Trail. Mike K. used to be the forest rep for that area until they moved him a few months back. Talking with him one time, he informed me that the High Country 4wheelers had asked about adopting the trail. He told them that we still had the trail adopted. Mike gave me a contact number to see if they would be interested in taking over the adoption. The number got put in my "to do" pile at work, but in moving to the new box somehow got lost :rant: .
I was able to get a hold of Mike today and he gave me Greg's number(president of High Country 4wheelers). Funny thing was he called me back while we were going to lunch, I didn't have anything to write on so I had to use my work pants(figured if I lost those i'd really be screwed :eek: ). Well, since we were slow enough at work today, I was able to get a hold of Greg. He said they have been working at getting the trail adopted and are planning on doing a clean up day sometime in March. I thanked him and the club for taking over the trail.
I'm glad it's still being taken care of. Now we can really concentrate closer to home :cool: . I do apologies for it taking a while :eek: . :beer:

Rzeppa
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks Perry! Great work!

Uncle Ben
02-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Right on Perry! Thank you! :fing:

wesintl
02-16-2006, 08:54 PM
always appreciated Perry :fing:

Nice to follow up

JadeRunner
02-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Good job Perry. It's nice to see a local club adopting that sweet trail. If I lived there it would be a regular run.

We will need to decide what to do with those sign's on the trail. We could reuse them on another trail. The sign a see at the trailhead is made out of like 1\4 plate metal and painted bright yellow. "Rising Sun" is cut out of the sign somehow. Someone at a meeting told me ther are two signs on the trail. I have only seen the one sign at the entrance. It's painted yellow also.

Hulk
02-17-2006, 10:29 AM
It's good that another group is adopting the trail. I always enjoyed this run, but it's too far from home for our club. Good job, Perry!