PDA

View Full Version : moving Sun., Sept. 28

subzali
09-15-2008, 09:45 AM
So I'm moving from my apartment at Hampden and Wadsworth in Lakewood to some apartments down by Fiddler's Green (between Arapahoe and Orchard, about 1/2 mile west of I-25). Second floor of old apartment to third floor of new apartment :eek:

The big items I have are my bed (futon), couch, bookcase and desk. Hoping someone may have a trailer I could borrow so we can take all/most of those big items in one shot (can't move in until 1pm), and maybe if someone could lend a helping hand on either end loading/unloading? Too many people will just get crowded, just need an extra hand or two. I can provide lunch or whatever :thumb:

MDH33
09-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I would help out, but I'll be on my way back from Utah that day. ;)

timmbuck2
09-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Count me in...maybe you can borrow Tim's trailer. I think I know where to pick it up. :) I also have access to a smaller covered trailer if your stuff is not too tall or can be laid down. Let me know times so I can make sure grandma can babysit.

T

nakman
09-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah you're welcome to use my trailer if Timmbuck2 doesn't have it.. :lmao:

And I could likely help load in the morning, but would need to be home by 1:00, does your little truck have a 2" ball?

timmbuck2
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I can pull with my 80. I don't *think* I have your trailer....let me double check. :)

T

subzali
09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
My parents will be there with a Suburban with a 2" ball. We were thinking of loading up in the morning, as much as we can, drive over there (have lunch in the process), at 1pm I can get the key and start moving stuff into my new apt. Probably make another run back in the afternoon (depending) to get more stuff (may have big thing left to get) and then come back. I don't anticipate more than two or three runs (Suburban will fit bookcase, trailer will fit desk (I'm guessing, how big is it BTW?), my pickup will fit the futon or couch, if we have the Tacoma it can also fit one of those, so all the big stuff can be taken at once I think). Thanks guys!

nakman
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Trailer is 5'x11'.. it'll take whatever the Suburban doesn't want. I'll bring it down.

RockRunner
09-16-2008, 11:34 AM
You can use my 16' trailer, 2" ball with E brakes. Let me know because I will be putting it in storage after this weekend's wood run. I really can't help you as lifting and stairs are bad for me though I still lift heavy stuff now ;-)