PDA

View Full Version : Emissions testing with 35" tires?

Hulk
09-15-2008, 11:41 PM
What's the probability that I can go get emissions tested with my 315 tires? :(

Nick F.
09-16-2008, 12:08 AM
They wouldn't let me do it.. I had to have my 33's put on. What a run around. I've heard you can request they measure the tires because 35's usually measure 33. Didn't know that at the time:tongue2:

SROR/AKA 2BAD
09-16-2008, 01:22 AM

none.

lfd270ben
09-16-2008, 02:47 AM
In Boulder I tested my truck with my 38's on :D and I failed the test Bad:rolleyes: so I registered my 40 in weld county to my dad's address I guess they dont make people pass emissions up there :hill:

Beater
09-16-2008, 07:53 AM
well, one of my best friends is a director for the state dept that over sees emissions/clean air. while the rule clearly states that they must measure, the over-riding rule is the safety rule that follows that immediately. I pushed this real hard, seeing as I had a copy of the statute, and got NO WHERE.

Now, the counter of it is, that one facility tried to do the full-time 4wd dyno and my 315's. It was downright scary. We, the facility manager and myself ended the test before it was finished due to fear. maybe different for 2wd/part time, but knowing what I know now, I will always borrow some wheels for testing if needed on full time.

Uncle Ben
09-16-2008, 08:05 AM

I have a set of "e-tires" mounted on stock 80 wheels your welcome to use.

timmbuck2
09-16-2008, 08:19 AM
I am close by. could swap with my 80 for the day...

nuclearlemon
09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
In Boulder I tested my truck with my 38's on :D and I failed the test Bad:rolleyes: so I registered my 40 in weld county to my dad's address I guess they dont make people pass emissions up there :hill:

But you're cruiser's old enough that you don't have to dyno. tire size doesn't matter if you don't have to dyno.

nakman
09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
I got denied too Matt, remember how we traded tires?

Also if you're still running your stock gas cap, it wouldn't hurt to pick up a new one- that seems to be a common failure point and for a few extra bucks you may as well do it now rather than have to take a second trip to the emissions place, which is a PITA especially when a second set of tires is involved. Or if Timmbuck's gas cap is newer than yours, borrow his! :)

Red_Chili
09-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Two years ago I fought the statute issue on the advice of the state administrator of the contract with Envirotest. He wanted me to push it, as he was frustrated with them. I lost. I went to three Envirotest centers and they even had called ahead to blacklist me. Nasty folk.

Then last year Squishy got his tested with 35s at the Sheridan sniffer. Feeling less lucky, I swapped on my 33s - only to watch a Bronco go through on 35s without issue. Duh. The new supervisor at the Sheridan sniffer is a sensible fellow, spoke with him a while on the issue. He is aware of the statute - and is also a wheeler.

Oh, make sure your tires are inflated to near the sidewall max. Just sayin'.

rover67
09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I was wondering the same myself... my 35's measure something like 33-34 when inflated to 35psi. I have a stock set of wheels and tires in the garage though, so i'll just swap those on and be done with it. My TN tags are up next month so I gotta get cracking... I have lots of work to do to get this baby to pass.

treerootCO
09-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Envirotest is a sore point for most...Anytime the government pours money into a single business, even if it was the right one, and mandates they are the only place you can go... you can forget about expecting integrity, honor, customer service, ethics, logic, reason, etc. Monopolies have no incentive to treat you right because you are forced to do business with them. I would fight it if I wasn't in the minority. I have heard plenty of people tell me they got rid of a car because the check engine light was on and Envirotest told them to pound sand. The only loop hole is the gross polluter tag you can apply for after you can prove you dumped hundreds into trying to turn the light off. The system is broken. My advice to you Matt is to see if you can fit a 315 up the shop manager's a**. No reason to be a pessimist, that would be downright funny.

On a side note while you are there, rip down every sign and pamphlet you see that is only written in Spanish.

Part number for an 80 gas cap is 77310-16011. List price $16.21

Hulk
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I have a set of "e-tires" mounted on stock 80 wheels your welcome to use.

That would probably be easiest, so I don't have to worry about getting Timm's tires back to him in a hurry. Can you bring them to the October RS meeting?

Thanks for all the advice and stories, guys. I'd rather just go once and get it over with. I'll buy a new gas cap too.

Uncle Ben
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM
That would probably be easiest, so I don't have to worry about getting Timm's tires back to him in a hurry. Can you bring them to the October RS meeting?

Thanks for all the advice and stories, guys. I'd rather just go once and get it over with. I'll buy a new gas cap too.

Sure....I think they're up at Robbies so I'll grab them. That works out as I will prolly need to haul home a 60 full floater from the meeting too! (unless someone wants a FJ-60 width full floater rear with Lock right set up for FJ-40 spring under? {shamless plug :rolleyes:})

Red_Chili
09-16-2008, 11:28 AM
You could swing by and ask the manager. Perhaps (s)he is a sensible person too!

Wow, Root, I agree with your premise... but GEE PEOPLE it is a beautiful day and it is GREAT to be alive and your retirement WILL come back in value, it really will!

Grumpy is a waste of energy!! :lmao: :lmao:

treerootCO
09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
You could swing by and ask the manager. Perhaps (s)he is a sensible person too!

Wow, Root, I agree with your premise... but GEE PEOPLE it is a beautiful day and it is GREAT to be alive and your retirement WILL come back in value, it really will!

Grumpy is a waste of energy!! :lmao: :lmao:

That may have come across as a bit bitter but there has to be a better system out there. Post a pic of your puppy and we can save this thread!

timmbuck2
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM

No hurry, I can drive with 35's for as long as needed. Give me a good idea on how badly I want some..... :)

timmbuck2
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
what about the drive-by testers? thought if you drove by those a few times you would not have to go in....

nakman
09-16-2008, 11:50 AM
what about the drive-by testers? thought if you drove by those a few times you would not have to go in....

Too late for that.. if they send you the notice that you need to go in, then you didn't drive by enough of the sniffers. On the flip side, if you drove by a bunch of sniffers your notice in the mail would say "no test required."

Here's Belle before she turned all gray.. :beer:

Uncle Ben
09-16-2008, 11:53 AM
That may have come across as a bit bitter but there has to be a better system out there. Post a pic of your puppy and we can save this thread!

Better yet I bet some Barbie and Ken poser pics would lighten things up! :eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

treerootCO
09-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Photoshop?

treerootCO
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Better yet I bet some Barbie and Ken poser pics would lighten things up! :eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That was Bo and Luke Duke

Red_Chili
09-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Romer
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
The testing place in Sheridan you say.

Hmm My plates are coming due. I started driving by all the rapid screen places and then I saw they have a cut off of two months before your renewal date for the rapid screen. I don't understand that one.

I was planning on swapping with Sarah for the day.

lfd270ben
09-18-2008, 04:10 AM
But you're cruiser's old enough that you don't have to dyno. tire size doesn't matter if you don't have to dyno.

they put it on a dyno in 2wd I watched it was pretty sketchy

nuclearlemon
09-18-2008, 04:35 PM
they put it on a dyno in 2wd I watched it was pretty sketchy

they shouldn't have...they only have to dyno new than 85

nakman
09-18-2008, 11:32 PM
they shouldn't have...they only have to dyno new than 85

They dyno'd my (Ken's) old 40 too in Broomfield. :confused:

treerootCO
09-19-2008, 01:49 PM
My thought of the day...What is the purpose of emissions testing?
"Vehicle emissions testing is part of the State of Colorado's overall strategy to improve air quality in and around the Denver-Boulder region."

Why do they have the dyno?
"The I/M 240 test is much more effective than older technologies for identifying polluting vehicles. It tests for carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbons (HC) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during a simulated driving cycle. The vehicle is placed on a treadmill-like device, or dynamometer, and typical driving activities such as idling, cruising, acceleration and deceleration are performed while pollution is collected from the tailpipe."

We are talking PPM - Parts Per Million here. Demanding I 'rent' 33" tires to accuratly simulate real driving conditions is a disservice to the testing process. Using their own logic, I can assume it is also legal to remove all emissions equipment from my vehicle as long as I "returned to stock condition for testing".

Tires that are smaller than 17 inches or larger than 34 inches cannot be safely tested on the dynamometer.

"Only vehicles with manufacturer-equipped undersized or oversized tires that do not fit safely on the dynamometer will be authorized by the state to undergo an idle test instead of a dynamometer test. Vehicles with tires larger or smaller than original equipment that do not fit safely on the dynamometer must be returned to stock condition for testing. Vehicles with non-original undersized or oversized tires will not receive authorization from the state for an idle test."

Quotes taken directly from - http://www.aircarecolorado.com/im240tst.htm

kvanoort
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
I just had the emissions tested in Broomfield on my '72 FJ40 and they didn't put it on the dyno or even open the hood. They just ran it up to about 2200 RPMs and then let it idle for a bit. It was running rich during idle the first time so I adjusted the idle mixture and it passed to second time through.

Red_Chili
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
We are talking PPM - Parts Per Million here. Demanding I 'rent' 33" tires to accuratly simulate real driving conditions is a disservice to the testing process. Using their own logic, I can assume it is also legal to remove all emissions equipment from my vehicle as long as I "returned to stock condition for testing".

Two different issues. The emissions equipment is directly related to air quality. The tire size concern is directly related to the condition of the west wall of the testing facility and your vehicle's front end.

:lmao:

timmbuck2
09-22-2008, 09:52 AM
I think they even put my 73 Mustang on the dyno....but that was 8 years ago...

Hulk
09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I just had the emissions tested in Broomfield on my '72 FJ40 and they didn't put it on the dyno or even open the hood. They just ran it up to about 2200 RPMs and then let it idle for a bit. It was running rich during idle the first time so I adjusted the idle mixture and it passed to second time through.

Yes, that was the correct procedure. They only dyno test vehicles that are 1982 or newer.

corsair23
09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes, that was the correct procedure. They only dyno test vehicles that are 1982 or newer.

Unless you get some young kid that doesn't know what the heck he is doing and insists it has to be on the dyno :rolleyes: - I learned not to argue with them when they insisted my "Jeep" had to be put on the dyno...I just asked that they strap it down first :) which to my knowledge they can't really do...

Oh, and the 40 had 35 BFG MTs on it at the time and they still did it :eek:

treerootCO
09-25-2008, 09:54 AM
This brought a tear to my eye. Has to be the happiest day in my life...

No emissions test required :woot::party::grinpimp:

Uncle Ben
09-25-2008, 10:03 AM
This brought a tear to my eye. Has to be the happiest day in my life...

No emissions test required :woot::party::grinpimp:

That must be for the GMC? Thought Diesel was every year? On my 1 Ton w/Duramax (it is commercial though) I have to test every year.

treerootCO
09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
funny you mention that....I am not sure if I should even bother but.....

The state has the Diesel marked as a gasser :confused:

These are for the 40, the 80, the Duramax, and the Merc.

subzali
09-25-2008, 11:25 AM
who'd you pay off? :confused:

treerootCO
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
who'd you pay off? :confused:

I gave the state $1000+ dollars for a couple stickers. I think they are the ones I paid off. :eek:

The next question at hand is I paid 616 to register the 80. Taxes this year are 33. I think I may need to have a little talk with them on the taxable value used when I registered the 80.

nuclearlemon
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
That must be for the GMC? Thought Diesel was every year? On my 1 Ton w/Duramax (it is commercial though) I have to test every year.

must be commercial because i didn't have to test the ford this year.

AZCACTUS
09-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know if I would have get emmissons test on 73' Fj40 with an address in Almont or Gunnison? Thanks, Jeff

subzali
09-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Don't know for sure, but I doubt it. I'm sure you can go to the state website and find out.

corsair23
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know if I would have get emmissons test on 73' Fj40 with an address in Almont or Gunnison? Thanks, Jeff

I don't think so...Pretty sure it is just certain counties around/in the metro-Denver area. I know Grand Junction doesn't require e-tests so I can't imagine Almont or Gunnison requiring them...

EDIT: should have read page 2 :doh: - so to as not make this post completely worthless here is the DMV link http://www.revenue.state.co.us/mv_dir/wrap.asp?incl=emissions

corsair23
10-03-2008, 01:30 AM
I received this from a friend...I like the analogy :thumb:

"Want to know my opinion of the emissions program in Colorado? Here's a good analogy, say we have a problem with 10% of our population driving drunk, so how do we solve it? Let's require everyone in the metro area to take Antabuse. Problem solved right? That's how our emissions program works. Less than 6% of the cars on the road today violate air quality standards, but all cars are required to be tested AND we add ethanol to our fuel which itself creates all sorts of other environmental issues and our cars are not as efficient - we use more gas. Stupid program."

treerootCO
10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I received this from a friend...I like the analogy :thumb:

"Want to know my opinion of the emissions program in Colorado? Here's a good analogy, say we have a problem with 10% of our population driving drunk, so how do we solve it? Let's require everyone in the metro area to take Antabuse. Problem solved right? That's how our emissions program works. Less than 6% of the cars on the road today violate air quality standards, but all cars are required to be tested AND we add ethanol to our fuel which itself creates all sorts of other environmental issues and our cars are not as efficient - we use more gas. Stupid program."

Add to that analogy that velcro shoes are required before they will give you the Antabuse so you must borrow shoes first.

nakman
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Add to that analogy that velcro shoes are required before they will give you the Antabuse so you must borrow shoes first.

Hey my son has some velcro shoes if you need to borrow a pair.. though I'm not sure they'll fit but I'm sure there's a "what size shoes can I run" thread around here somewhere.. :lmao:

and I wrote a term paper on the effects of disulfiram in college, pretty nasty stuff. holy thread digression.. :o

treerootCO
10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
My stomach turns every time I think of Envirotest. ;)

Romer
10-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Went to the Stapleton site and I was turned away by a very unfriendly lady.

Drove to the location off of south havana and there were no questions. Passed the test.

The website says measures less than 34" and My tires are now a shade under 34", the lady at the Stapleton place says doesnt matter what they measure, only what they are stamped.

Hulk
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
The lady at the Stapleton place says doesnt matter what they measure, only what they are stamped.

When did laziness become the American way? If this woman worked for me, I would have kicked her in the behind.

wesintl
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
air care is such a f'n screw...

They lowered the limits in may making it harder to pass. I wonder how many will be on the verge of failing now :confused: better look at your old test and see how close you would be now.

http://www.aircarecolorado.com/passenge.htm

Cheeseman
10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Just got to lookin' at this thread as usual. I had to test both of my vehicles this year. My runner passed even though the engine hadn't been run basically in 3 years. But it was on old 33" tires. passed on the quick test. My 62 takes some doing. Had to put on a set of 31' tires. Lean out the airmass sensor. Kickup the shifting cable. Fresh oil and plugs. And then tell the tester to help it thru the test. I think these kids like to drive these modified rigs we bring and they have helped me every time. I go to the one west of Chatfield and Kipling. But I have gone thru the woes of not passing with the 62. That is where I learned these things.
________
Montana dispensaries (http://montana.dispensaries.org/)

Nemo
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I have been past the emissions roadside trucks numerous times and I have received a clean bill of health for the last 4 years with my rig. I have made a point with this and that keeps me out of the EnviroTest since 2004 with my LC and since 2002 with any of my cars otherwise.

Is there a time when they finally call you in? Or if you continue to pass the trucks at least twice a year then will you be safe?

Just read the rest of the posts. It appears that is all you have to do to avoid the enviroFun is to pass the trucks. Luckily for me there is one always parked getting onto I25 North from Park Ave DT and one coming onto I70 West bound from I25 or Park Ave. I pass them probably 30 times a year.

Another note of fun is my Porsche which taught me the benefits of those trucks. It is a Carerra 4 and it doesn't fit on the rack so it must sit for the idle test. I failed more tests than I ever wanted because you would sit and the engine would get cold while they were waiting to move you in or if they waited to long it could come out of tolerance since it warmed up too much and would blow bad gas on them. Air cooled engines don't like to sit idle for long like that.

wesintl
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
The only bad thing about the roadside test is they will flag you if you are over the limit at any time. It's there for convenience and to catch gross polluters (as they say)And it's something like 2 bad roadsides and you have to go in.. It's probably on their site somewhere.

Bikeman
10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I passed today, phew! They did not question my street tires, the 295's. They measure 34" across, 32.5" loaded, vertically.

Red_Chili
10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
The website says measures less than 34" and My tires are now a shade under 34", the lady at the Stapleton place says doesnt matter what they measure, only what they are stamped.
That is the line I used to get too. But per the state, the contractual requirement is measurement, not size stamped, and they are pretty irritated at the 'workaround'. Some guys got around the roadblock of ignorance and laziness by grinding off the stamped measurement, FORCING them to actually measure the tire.

P-metric sizing would flummox them I would imagine.

I think for a while their supervisory training taught them to look at the stamp (money saving? Dunno). She is probably old school. They get really nasty when you question them too. The state gets all kinds of complaints for lousy customer service but with the green organizations' support of testing, and the politicians wanting a quick and easy way to show how green they are, they can't do much about it. That is why the state contract guy wanted me to push the issue, but after having EnviroSmell call ahead to other locations to blacklist me at the third location, I went the easy path.

Then this year, I find the one in Sheridan has grown a Sensible lobe. Sheesh.

rover67
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
So which location is the most "sensible"? the Sheridan one?

Air Randy
10-21-2008, 09:32 AM
I went to the one in Parker about 1 month ago with my brand new 35's and they did the sniffer test without question. I have a 1974 FJ40.

Also, am I the only one running collector plates on these older rigs? I had to pay for 5 years on my plates up front ($100 for all 5 years) but I am now exempt from emissions testing again.

Uncle Ben
10-21-2008, 09:44 AM
I went to the one in Parker about 1 month ago with my brand new 35's and they did the sniffer test without question. I have a 1974 FJ40.

Also, am I the only one running collector plates on these older rigs? I had to pay for 5 years on my plates up front ($100 for all 5 years) but I am now exempt from emissions testing again.

The 35" tire no-no rule is only for the dyno test. The safety rollers that are backup in case something let loose are not designed for tires that big. I have no problem throwing on e-tires myself.....I would feel horrible if it was my truck that was responsible for killing bystanders or doing property damage just because the droid doing the test ignored safety rules!

subzali
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
True UB, it's really a safety issue based on the design of the machinery. Technically it would be a strict measurement, too bad people are too lazy to actually measure the tires when they come in.

MtnTrucker - I and several others I know have the collector plates, but this thread is for mostly the 80s that are too pretty and new to have collector plates... :p:

Hulk
11-17-2008, 02:58 AM
Well, my 80 finally passed emissions. Here's the story.

PRELUDE
After CM08, my CATs were leaking worse than ever. So I took it over to my favorite muffler shop, AA Performance on So. Broadway. They cut our my old CATs and welded in a new one. Yes, one. They assured me that a single modern CAT would do the job of my two Toyota CATs. No more exhaust leak, plus much more clearance with the CAT welded in horizontal rather than vertical. All is happy.

TEST VISIT ONE
In October, I motored over to the local testing facility on S. Colorado Blvd. They measured my tires. I was just under the size limit. When they actually put it on the rollers, however, my front tires sat right on the front rollers, which are designed to keep the tires from jumping off the whole assembly. They said that it would likely climb right off the assembly during the test, and the older Cruisers were especially prone to climbing. I agreed to come back with smaller tires. They were very nice about it.

NEXT STEP
Jeff Zettl swapped tires with me. His Toyo 285 tires are roughly 33" vs. my 315 Mickey Thompson tires which are more like 34".

TEST VISIT TWO
The next day, I visited the local testing facility on S. Colorado Blvd. again. They put it on the rollers, and it was fine to be tested. Unfortunately, it failed emissions.

NEXT STEP
My next step was to replace my O2 sensors. I had been getting a code that indicated that these were not functioning up to par. Two OEM sensors plus some bungs from Slee and I was ready for the next test.

TEST VISIT THREE
Failed again. The NOx went down, but the CO went up. Crap.

NEXT STEP
Got my Cruiser checked out by Toy Car Care, who have worked some emissions magic for me in the past on my 40. Their diagnosis: replace the single CAT with the OEM dual CATs. A quick call to Cruiser Dan confirmed that there was no way I was going to purchase OEM CATs. Retail price = $2,000. CDan price = $1500. But that's still a lot of coin.

NEXT STEP
Back to AA. They weld in a second CAT behind the first. Scott at AA tests the functioning of the CATs with a heat gun. The first CAT increases the exhaust temp by 50 and the second CAT increases it by another 100, for a total of 150. He seems confident that my problems will be solved.

TEST VISIT FOUR
First, I drove hard and fast to Castle Pines and back to get everything heated up to full temps. Then, back to the local testing facility on S. Colorado Blvd. At this point, I have a personal relationship with the guy who is driving my vehicle for the test. In fact, when a young guy whipped out his yard stick to measure Jeff's tires on my 80, the driver walked over and said, "This one's OK." The big yellow hook on the end of my winch rope has become my personal visual signature to the testing crew, apparently.

The test took forever, and I was sure I had failed. But... SUCCESS! My 80 passed with flying colors! The driver actually hugged me. Seriously, he did. I think he kind of identified with me (and he seemed to know a few things about Cruisers). After all of this, I was going to fail the gas cap test, but they faked that when I promised to immediately go buy a new one.

MORAL OF THE STORY
The 80 needs two CATs. At least, mine does.

Only another 12 years until my 80 qualifies for historical plates, right? :D

Bikeman
11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
My NOx is slowly creeping up. That's valuable info since Scott does all my work at A&A.

nakman
11-17-2008, 09:08 AM
....After all of this, I was going to fail the gas cap test, but they faked that when I promised to immediately go buy a new one.

From page 1 of this thread you started... :rolleyes:

Also if you're still running your stock gas cap, it wouldn't hurt to pick up a new one- that seems to be a common failure point and for a few extra bucks you may as well do it now rather than have to take a second trip to the emissions place, which is a PITA especially when a second set of tires is involved. Or if Timmbuck's gas cap is newer than yours, borrow his! :)

but congrats on passing regardless.. :cool:

Romer
11-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Glad it worked out. I am making sure in 1 year and 6 months that I will drive by the rapid test several times each week so I dont have to go through this again. I didnt know that it cuts off two months before your plates are due and thats when I started driving by those places.

sleeoffroad
11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
They sure do emissions with larger tires. You just have to find the right station :D

I had to take the motorhome. :D Talk about scary putting a 38ft motorhome with a Cat diesel engine on a dyno and then letting it run full throttle. :D

corsair23
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
NEXT STEP
Jeff Zettl swapped tires with me. His Toyo 285 tires are roughly 33" vs. my 315 Mickey Thompson tires which are more like 34".

Want to swap back again? :D

The LX looks seriously wimpy now with the 285s on it again...Not as wimpy as your 80 with the 4" lift and the 285s looked though :lmao: - Glad it all worked out :thumb:

Hulk
11-17-2008, 03:32 PM
They sure do emissions with larger tires. You just have to find the right station :D

I had to take the motorhome. :D Talk about scary putting a 38ft motorhome with a Cat diesel engine on a dyno and then letting it run full throttle. :D

It's not 4WD though, is it? I think that's the real issue.

Hulk
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Want to swap back again? :D

The LX looks seriously wimpy now with the 285s on it again...Not as wimpy as your 80 with the 4" lift and the 285s looked though :lmao: - Glad it all worked out :thumb:

Yeah, but you got your cool Lexus wheels back -- that's gotta be worth something, right? :D

Cruzrman
11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
When I had my 60, I had to keep a pair of 33's in my garage just for emission testing. The first time they tried to test with the 35's, the truck drove right over the rollers on the dyno. It was hilarious, but having to swap out the rears every time testing came around wasn't very funny at all.