PDA

View Full Version : Shipping company/someone stole 2 65" HDTV's from us!!!

FJBen
09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok, so we are installing some HDTV's at work. At a few district offices as well. Well, ours has been (still is) missing and off the radar. Should have been here last week.

Well, today our IT rep in Irvine,CA opened his TV box to find this.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/FJBen/P1010707.jpg

Yup, thats sheetrock ductaped together! Thats 2 $4,000 TV's that were stolen from us...

WTF!

theboomboom
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
who was the courier?

Inukshuk
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Crazy - because someone stole 2 pieces of sheetrock from me! BTW, movie night at my house next week.

Maddmatt
09-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Man, that was well planned. The probably got the sheetrock while they were stripping a vacant house of it's copper. One stop shopping.

PatrolMan
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Suppose that it could have been prior to the shipping courier as well. In any case, a real bummer.

Red_Chili
09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Man, that was well planned. The probably got the sheetrock while they were stripping a vacant house of it's copper. One stop shopping.
You don't even need to bring that one up! While we were building the addition to our house, someone cut out the wire near the back door DURING THE DAY WHILE CONTRACTORS WERE ON SITE. Then when we were doing the garage, they cut the power feed to the garage panel, cut it off at the end of the pipe (requiring a re-pull of expensive heavy gauge wire). More recently someone liberated all the ground wires from all the power poles up and down the alley. And we can't get Xcel to come out and replace them, they say it will just be stolen again. Like, the ground wires were optional bling-bling and we are safe without them?

:rant::rant::rant:

Looks to be teenagers, or someone of diminished mental capacity (drug-addled? Related to the meth lab bust two blocks away last week? Could be.)

FJBen
09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Make that 3 TV's....yup

They took the last one going to our florida district office. So basically they $15,000 in TV's gone. :eek:

Uncle Ben
09-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Make that 3 TV's....yup

They took the last one going to our florida district office. So basically they $15,000 in TV's gone. :eek:

I smell a mole! Burn 'em at the stake with battery acid when ya find them!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

RockRunner
09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Amazing, the same things have happened to us at work. 28 laptops missing form 3000 shipped. Monitors never arrive but show shipped, shipping company shows it delivered.

Find these people and send them packing.

This is happening more and more. Bill's house getting robbed as he is there, well it showed lived in. My parents neighbors getting hit the same way. It is only going to get worse and I am not a dooms day person.

Until we can upright the ship and everybody can work people will resort to things they would never have done 2 years ago.

Protect your house, protect your family and hope for the best.

Red_Chili
09-24-2008, 12:02 PM
The thefts occurred when the ship was not keeled over. The guy who I suspect did it has no intention of working, since drugs pay better and he lives free at his disabled mother's house. Sometimes you just have evil, in good times and bad.