PDA

View Full Version : Selling Real Estate w/o Agent

Chris
09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I searched. I recall a thread on selling real estate without an agent. I have someone looking at a condo I'm selling and wondering how I go about this if he's as interested as he seems.

I'm thinking it was Ken. :confused:

TIA! :thumb:

Inukshuk
09-18-2008, 07:29 PM
That would also include Daniel the resident Real Estate Attorney. But I'll be out of town next week for the Outlaws Run (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=86602#post86602).

For starters all the forms you would need are at http://www.dora.state.co.us/Real-Estate/contracts/contracts.htm. Main form is SALES CONTRACT - CBS1-8-07 Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate (All Types) (and there is a writeable PDF version). Filing it out is not intuitive. Usually takes me about an hour to go through it with someone. Other members have done deals mostly by themselves and will chime in I'm sure. You can do this. It just takes diligence. Experience makes it go a lot faster. Selling is easier than buying. BTW, I like Land Title for my title insurance. A good company like that will also help you with paperwork.

Chris
09-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info Daniel!

Time to do some reading, I'm willing to take my time to do it right but also believe hiring someone to make sure it's done right is a good idea too.

:cheers:

Corbet
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
there is a sellers disclosure form too. Basically if something is wrong with the property you need to disclose it.

Some internet research and you'll see its not too hard. I had my Condo FSBO until we formally moved down to Durango.

Chris
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the reminder Corbet. I recently bought and should rifle through the forms. Selling in this market's not much fun as I'm sure you're well aware.

Corbet
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm only too aware as next month will be the 2nd in which I'm making mortgage payments on both places :eek:

Chris
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM
My sympathies! The place I'm selling just has the HOA fee so it's not too bad.

nakman
09-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Chris, that was me. search in Member's only for the full story...

Chris
09-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks Tim!

Romer
09-19-2008, 09:00 AM
It was also me. I have sold two houses by myself. Be careful filling out the contract and the Title company makes sure everything is processed correctly. Fairly simple

I did hire a Realator to sell my existing house, based on the market and the fact I already bought my new one (had to)I figured I needed the help to quickly sell it. If you have a buyer setup already or have plenty of time, then no need for a Realator.

calphi27
09-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Chris-
I do some marketing for a couple of agents. Try postlets.com for an easy way to create an html ad for craigslist. It also syndicates the ad to many popular sites.

Chris
09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks Matt, I'm not looking forward to 'trying' to sell - hoping I get lucky by pricing alone. :p: