PDA

View Full Version : Car audio shop recommendations

thugmusk
09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi all, settling in just nice. what a cool place to be in compared to dreary Kansas City. I did attend the rally and met some of you, I'll make a meeting soon enough I'm sure.

Can anyone recommend a stereo shop that won't hose up my dash nor break door handle latches like Best Buy did to my wife's Corolla or if they did would fix it without trying to claim "it was already like that"?

Looking to replace the head unit and amp with something a bit more modern (actually, a LOT more modern) but hesitant to just go to just any place without consulting this forum first. I don't have the time nor the patience to rip into that dash and do it myself but would pay a shop to do it so long as they do quality work. I would be purchasing the unit from them as well. I already replaced the speakers and ditched the factory sub and replaced it with that powered Kenwood sub unit so I think I'm good in the speaker department.

TIA for any recommendations.

Rich Adams

nakman
09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Is this for your 80? I don't have any experience with shops, but I know Colorado80 on our board here works at a shop, and also drives an 80... I bought some speakers from him and they're still kickin just fine. and I know of at least one guy who had a sub woofer made/installed by him, with good results. Might be worth sending him a PM to see where he works. hth..

thugmusk
09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Is this for your 80?

Yes.

Thanks, I'll shoot him a PM.

calphi27
09-19-2008, 07:10 PM
IIRC colorado80 worked at car toys or managed one. He left that biz, but still knows alot.

Hayes
09-19-2008, 08:04 PM
I had great luck with Quality Auto Sound. They installed a very nice system in my Mustang, never had any problems with them breaking anything.

thugmusk
09-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks go out to Colorado80 for connecting me up with cartoys.

Thanks Q!

Rich Adams

Colorado80
09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
No problem Rich. Please let me know if I could be of further assistance, you've got my number.

Q