PDA

View Full Version : Yo Kalifornians....Give Robbie Back!

Uncle Ben
09-29-2008, 07:54 AM
'Bout darn time don't ya think? :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao::lmao::p:

Romer
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Its great for Robbie that 4 guys got together and hired him to come out to do there head gaskets.

Uncle Ben
09-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Its great for Robbie that 4 guys got together and hired him to come out to do there head gaskets.

The list has grown since he has been there! Plus I think he's up to 4 r&p changes too! Good on Robbie! Them Kali guys are smart ones for sure but they need to return the stuff they borrowed! ;) :rant: :hill:

subzali
09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
At least before the deep snow hits so we can have some fun playin' in the "pow"! :woot:

powderpig
09-30-2008, 02:58 AM
I have been in hiding, I got back this weekend to visit with my mom. I am working on the house a bit as well. But alas I need to fly back and regear 2-3 trucks. Rebuild a gear box with the new updated sector shaft(Dan found a 105 sector shaft) Any how the last trucks head gasket job was a bit of a pain, the block was etched bad enough to need a resurface. So I removed the block from the truck, striped it down like a rebuild and sent the bottom end to the shop to be milled with the pistons in the block. The bottom ends cylinders walls were just great. very little ring wear (not like Romers). Anyhow 6 head gaskets in 14 days of work is not bad in my book. Every one had signs on the head gasket and block that they were going south, but no real day to day problems with driving the trucks. The machine shop in LA turned the heads around in 1 day. Keep me way too busy.
Any how I fly out next monday to finish it up and get home in short order. I will be at this months meeting. See you then.

Uncle Ben
09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
WOW! Busy boy fer sho! Glad there was enough work to make it worth your time! Something tells me that you will be getting more calls soon! "Robbies Traveling Head Service" :thumb::thumb:

powderpig
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
The machine shop we used did a great job and clued me into some problem they observed on the 1 fz when they did a bunch of these several years ago for the dealerships. The last block that went in, had a HG change under warranty some time before Rick had bought it for his wife(3-4 years prior). The block was so bad it could never hold compression at #1. So the block had to be removed. The truck had a total of 85k miles on it. A real suprise for me. Any how the weather was great, and while I only got to the beach for a couple of hours one day, I had a successful trip.
See you all on Wed at the meeting.