PDA

View Full Version : Verify your voter registration

Hulk
10-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Want to make sure you're registered to vote? Do so here (http://www.sos.state.co.us/Voter/voterHome.do;jsessionid=0000QlBp7qrdd1E9ysKzDFyDdlc:121vl9gps) for the state of Colorado. Warning: deadline to register is 10/6/08 (Monday).

http://rustybrain.com/haha/dont_forget_to_vote.jpg

art hog
10-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Want to make sure you're registered to vote? Do so here (http://www.sos.state.co.us/Voter/voterHome.do;jsessionid=0000QlBp7qrdd1E9ysKzDFyDdlc:121vl9gps) for the state of Colorado. Warning: deadline to register is 10/6/08 (Monday).

http://rustybrain.com/haha/dont_forget_to_vote.jpg

Thanks I needed that. Im registered, but the info is old. But so am I.

Arthur Hog

Groucho
10-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Don't waste your vote--

Red_Chili
10-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I did that once because I was truly uninspired by the other two candidates. The guy I REALLY didn't want got in. YMMV

Uncle Ben
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I did that once because I was truly uninspired by the other two candidates. The guy I REALLY didn't want got in. YMMV

I have to agree with Groucho on this one. When big money gives you two choices, neither of them worthy, then go for door number three. Make a statement!

nakman
10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
That's all great, but you can't vote for anything if you're not properly registered.

Groucho
10-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Vote Pact (http://www.votepact.org/about/)

By doing a vote pact, you are not telling anyone who to vote for, you are simply agreeing not to vote for the "two party system".

My wife was discussing the pres election with another mother who was volunteering in the Obama campaign. The other woman stated she didn't want McCain to win, so she was going to vote for Obama. When asked if she wholeheartedly was for Obama, she said "not really, I just really don't like M". Andrea then asked her about voting "third party", and she asked what that was. Andrea told her that there were 4 other candidates on the ballot. The other lady was astonished to hear that O & M were'nt the only two. Then Andrea went on to tell her about McKinney, that she was running for the Green Party and was a woman and black, again her disbelief was amazing. She had no idea!!

Andrea is considering asking her to do the vote pact with this other woman, hopefully if she feels stronger about one of the other candidates than O.

I agree with Nakman here, if you're not registered, you don't get to try.
Just a thought.

Romer
10-02-2008, 06:32 PM

X2

I will vote for the lesser of two evils

Azrael
10-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Vote Pact (http://www.votepact.org/about/)
Then Andrea went on to tell her about McKinney, that she was running for the Green Party and was a woman and black, again her disbelief was amazing.

It's good we have another choice and all, but McKinney isn't exactly the brightest bulb out there.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/02/mckinney-accuses-government-slaughtering-prisoners-dumping-bodies-katrina/

Hulk
10-03-2008, 01:38 AM
It would be great if we could get a viable third party to become viable for more than a single election. Unfortunately, neither Ross Perot nor Ralph Nader did so.

Groucho
10-03-2008, 08:11 AM
It's good we have another choice and all, but McKinney isn't exactly the brightest bulb out there.

Andrea wasn't implying that McKinney was or wasn't the choice to be made. I didn't mention that the other woman's decision was influenced partly because Obama was not the typical wealthy white candidate. Andrea shocked her by letting her know that there not only was another choice on the ticket that fit the same bill, but that other candidate fit the same bill twice(the other was that she was also a woman).

The fact is, the other candidates all offer at least 4 things that they all agree on. All we ever get from the other two corporately sponsored candidates is sidestepping issues to point out why the other is a bad choice.

Give me an argument why any of the 3rd party candidates aren't a good idea and I will show you how that same argument applies to both of the corporately sponsored, two party system candidates.

JUST REMEMBER TO REGISTER AND VOTE! One grain of wheat can tip the scales.

I heard yesterday that foreigners who pay attention to the US and its politics wish that they could take all of the unregistered voter spaces and vote in our elections. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!

Cheeseman
10-03-2008, 12:38 PM
You know this political stuff is always interesting. One can be completely informed and make what another would call the wrong choice. I always wonder exactly what the majority is. And if that majority really knows what the reasons are for there choice.

This year is a new mark for me. My oldest son has his first chance to vote as he just turned 19. I ask him from time to time what he thinks. And the blank stare comes forth. Not that that is not typical of a 19 year old. But it shows me he really doesn't understand the importance of new found responsibility to this country. Oh to be back in those days when you were sheltered enough where you only cares were the point of origin of your next beer and how willing she was to play.
________
WHOLESALE VAPORIZERS (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

Chris
10-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Just a FYI. I used that link which showed neither myself or my wife were registered. I made a call and they assured me we are. The phone call took two minutes, much more reliable than the link. :(

nakman
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Did you use your full name? Took me a couple tries for it to find me, but it ultimately worked.

Chris
10-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, I re-tried while on the phone and the Voter Reg person after making sure I was entering the correct info.

She said she'd let the Secretary of State office know.

Edit: I just received my info by mail which shows a different (new) address than was verified by phone. :confused:

Rogue Leader
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I miss the cutoff by 20 days. Sure am bummed because this election will affect me just as much as those born on Nov. 3 or earlier

Nay
10-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Make a statement!

I've been making statements since 2000, most of which have started something like "WTF!?!"

Hulk
10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I've been making statements since 2000, most of which have started something like "WTF!?!"

How old are you? I voted in my first presidential election in 1984.
(For Reagan.)

Cripes.

Nay
10-03-2008, 08:52 PM
How old are you? I voted in my first presidential election in 1984.
(For Reagan.)

Cripes.

38. I worked on Bob Dole's campaign against Bush senior when I was 17. Fortunately the ED didn't seem to wear off :lmao:

I'm a social progressive and fiscal conservative who prefers a maximum of issues to be handled on the state level. That profile used to be strongly Republican, now it better fits Democrat. Hence the reason the Intermountain West is starting to turn purple.

Southerners we are not.

Inukshuk
10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I did voter registration, address changes and, mail in ballot sign-ups today at Race for the Cure.

If you are in Denver I strongly urge mail-ballots. For other places also, but Denver has the longest ballot in 96 years :eek: and in the last general elections about 20,000 people did not vote because they got tired of waiting in 8 hour lines. Lines were mostly a result of Denver incompetence and long ballots. However, :rant: another anticipated and previously seen factor will unfortunately be poll monitors from one particular party challenging credentials of members of the other party in order to slow down the process and disenfranchise voters. :confused:

Mail in ballot deadline is the 18th but do not delay. Early voting is another option for those who prefer a trip to the polls. :cheers:

Vote Early and Often! :thumb:

Chris
10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Vote Early and Often! :thumb:

You must be from the 1st Mayor Daley's Chicago! :lmao:

Mail ballots start beng mailed Monday.

Hulk
10-06-2008, 02:03 AM
38. I worked on Bob Dole's campaign against Bush senior when I was 17. Fortunately the ED didn't seem to wear off :lmao:

I'm a social progressive and fiscal conservative who prefers a maximum of issues to be handled on the state level. That profile used to be strongly Republican, now it better fits Democrat. Hence the reason the Intermountain West is starting to turn purple.

Southerners we are not.

Ah, so the "making statements since 2000" wasn't in reference to the first time you voted. Makes sense.

I see eye-to-eye on you with most stuff, sounds like. I've described myself as a "lifestyle liberal, fiscal conservative" for many years.

Reagan was the first and last R. I voted for for president. However, I continue to vote for R. governors. The fiscal conservative thing seems to still be true at the state level. Also, Bill Ritter is an idjit.

nuclearlemon
10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
is there someplace online to really find info on the third party choices? i've found a lot on mckinney, but after the article mentioned, i'm a bit scared by her. i've also found bob barr's info, but it's a lot of digging to find info on where these people stand.

doesn't anyone have a nice easy chart i can look at...i am a lazy american after all:D

wesintl
10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
There are some 18 candidates on the ballot. I'm sure each one has a web site.

This is what my county's ballot looks like. I don't know what co your in. Denver? Adams?

http://www.douglas.co.us/clerk/elections/documents/08_DC_sample_ballot.pdf

nuclearlemon
10-07-2008, 02:53 PM
There are some 18 candidates on the ballot. I'm sure each one has a web site.

This is what my county's ballot looks like. I don't know what co your in. Denver? Adams?

http://www.douglas.co.us/clerk/elections/documents/08_DC_sample_ballot.pdf

that does help out a bit...at least now i know who to search for. right off the bat, i can tell you gene amondson is out:lmao: had a hard time finding a sight for jonathon allen...never did find how he stands on the issues, so i guess he doesnt' want my vote either. also can't find where james harris stands, so i'm right back to my original problem...:rolleyes:

nakman
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
doesn't anyone have a nice easy chart i can look at...i am a lazy american after all:D

That would be awesome, Ige... put all the folks across the top, all the issues down the side, they each get a square and 300 characters or less to explain their view.

Romer
10-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I am so glad you started this thread.
We turned in change of address forms 5 weeks ago. Looking two weeks ago, they were never processed, faxed new ones in two weeks ago, never processed.

Additionally, Sarah disappered of the database during all of this and when I called they said she wasnt there. Found out today that the post office sent back an undeliverable instead of forwarded notificatiuon to the post office so the made her inactive. I also was told I was sending the state voter change of address forms to the county office which doesn't work (huh?) she gave me the county forms and we filled them out and returned them and we are all set. Made them key them in while I waited due to all the problems.

Thanks again for posting this or I would not have known till it was too late to do anything.

nuclearlemon
10-10-2008, 05:44 PM
got my ballot in the mail today.

Hulk
10-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I am so glad you started this thread.

Wow, what a SNAFU. Glad this helped. Can you get Sarah back on?

Romer
10-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, what a SNAFU. Glad this helped. Can you get Sarah back on?

Took care of it today and wouldn't have even known there was a problem had I not checked that link. After hearing my story, the lady keyed it all in front of me and showed me it was all taken care of.

Inukshuk
10-10-2008, 09:52 PM

Denver has its longest ballot in 96 years.....

thenimirra
10-11-2008, 01:02 PM
thanks for posting this!

Hulk
10-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Our ballot is 2 pages! Huge. I started going through it last night. Funny how some of those resolutions are worded so that it makes you think you are voting for one thing when you are actually voting for something else. Very misleading. When in doubt, I vote NO.

Inukshuk
10-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I spent two hours last week reading the booklets that came in the mail with the titles of the issues and then had to do more research on some. In general I disfavor constitutional amendments because they are too difficult to adjust to changing conditions - i.e., Tabor. The one I did vote for (got my ballot yesterday) is the one that increases the signature requirements for constitutional initiatives and makes statutory initiatives easier.