PDA

View Full Version : 1996 FZJ80 w/ TRD SuperCharger $8,500

fzj80fireman
10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
For Sale 1996 Toyota FZJ80 LandCruiser with factory TRD SuperCharger!

Keeping it and hope to join RS in Jan., was Asking $8,500 (If there is anyone in the forum that thinks this is off base, please let me know. I tried to find others listed to get a baseline, but could not find any with the Super Charger. Thanks.)

White with Blue/grey cloth interior (interior is in NEW condition as it had seat covers on them and garged most of it's life)
TRD Super Charger is $3,500 plus install of almost $1,000 at Toyota (adds @100hp to the 212hp stock)
Center Diff Lock (no front or rear lockers)
210,000 miles (runs strong and has another 100K+ left in it)
Factory AM/FM CD Cass top of the line stereo with 8 speakers
Factory Alarm System with remote
2" reciever hitch
AC blows cold
Sun Roof
Front Push bumper/brush guard
Replace both O2 sensors and passed emisions with flying colors.  CAT's are in great shape based on nox reading.

I bought LC a few months ago as an impulse buy. I always wanted a 80 series landcruiser and was in need of replacing my car. I drove over a dozen landcruisers and they all felt like sleds and were underpowered. Then I drove this one with the TRD Super Charger and was "sold". The seller told me it got 17+mpg on the highway. NOT! This was a far cry from my car that was getting 30+mpg but I REALLY wanted a LandCruiser. Its averaging more like 13/14 mpg with where I drive. I drive ALOT and need to part with this for something more economical and can't afford to have a weekend toy at this point.:(

Serious Buyers only please. No joyrides. No I won't sell the SuperCharger separate.

I've searched all over for a comparable LandCruiser to determine the asking price I have not run across any with a TRD supercharger. Others with comparable equip are advertised $6K to $8K, so that's how I came up with the price of $8,500 with the TRD.

If there is anyone that thinks I am off base with the asking price, please let me know. I am willing to entertain serious offers, please call me or email me with a reasonable offer.

EDIT: I'm reducing the price so new owner can have S/C rebuilt. There is NO problem with the S/C at this time, however I personally called Magnusun who built these for Toyota and the recommend a complete go through at 100K miles. The cost is $800 and the lead time is 1 week. They completely gut the S/C and replace everybearing and seal and the nose unit.

With gas prices no below $2/gal, I've been really tempted to keep her, but I just found out that I have to hire and engineer so the city will approve a bedroom remodel that includes moving a weight bearing wall.

Thanks for looking,
Mario 303-319-4137 or you can email me @ mwibbens@yahoo.com. (email goes to phone, so I can answer you fairly quick)

Hulk
10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Wow, would you be willing to sell....

nevermind. :(

FJBen
10-03-2008, 08:17 AM
nice price....oh soo tempting...I Need some forced induction!

nakman
10-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Wow, would you be willing to trade for a 1981 FJ40?

that's what I thought you said.. :D

ps - I think that's a pretty fair price and wish I was in a position to snag it. someone else will for sure. :thumb:

treerootCO
10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm thinking someone needs to buy it and swap all the goodies over to a factory locked 80.

Hulk
10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
that's what I thought you said.. :D

Nah, I already have an 80.

fzj80fireman
11-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Bump for price reduction!! see original add edit for reason.

Ron Helmuth
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Still available?

If so I will try to push on the t4r.org crowd for you

fzj80fireman
12-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Head Gasket blew, so it's no longer available.

treerootCO
12-16-2008, 08:42 AM
What is the price with a blown head gasket? ;)

Hulk
12-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Bummer. What are your plans?

Romer
12-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I bet someone would buy your SC that would pay for the HG job. Selling a 80 with a new HG raises its value in the eyes of many folks here and on Mud