PDA

View Full Version : wanted: free car stereo

nakman
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Or close to free... Who's got one? :D Willing to pay fair market value for a cheap working car stereo, just something I can put in the plow truck. Would be nice if it played CD's, or even tapes.. but heck if it's just a radio that's still an upgrade to what I have. Oh, and I need speakers too... none of those fancy in-door jobbies but the kind that comes in their own flimsy wooden box where the whole thing weighs like 4 ounces? that's about the level I'm after here, just good enough to drown out the sound of the low range and chains slapping the fenders... :hill:

whachu got?

Uncle Ben
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Or close to free... Who's got one? :D Willing to pay fair market value for a cheap working car stereo, just something I can put in the plow truck. Would be nice if it played CD's, or even tapes.. but heck if it's just a radio that's still an upgrade to what I have. Oh, and I need speakers too... none of those fancy in-door jobbies but the kind that comes in their own flimsy wooden box where the whole thing weighs like 4 ounces? that's about the level I'm after here, just good enough to drown out the sound of the low range and chains slapping the fenders... :hill:

whachu got?

I think I have an old cassette am/fm you can have if I didn't toss it over the years.... :rolleyes:

Hulk
10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I may still have an AM/FM/Cassette player that came with my 40. I'll take a look.

nuclearlemon
10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
i just pulled the am/fm/cassette/6disc mazda radio out of the 80.

corsair23
10-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Tim,

If you don't have tons of stuff before I return from sunny Florida I'll look in my garage...I may have some piece parts for you...

:thumb:

nakman
10-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Ige does that radio have/need a wiring harness? I've got none of that... but I've got power now thanks to a new painless harness, just installed an hour ago. :hill:

edit: and thanks rest y'all, I'd be psyched to see whatever you got next time I see ya. :)

nuclearlemon
10-15-2008, 08:52 AM
it's got the pigtails with the standard radio/speaker coloring. plenty to splice onto.