PDA

View Full Version : are Honda snowblowers worth the extra $$$?

Corbet
10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I started snowblower shopping the other day. A Honda 9hp machine runs $2500 while briggs and straton powered machines are $1000ish. anyone own a Honda? They definitely look/seem nicer in the store but $2500 is a lot of coin.

Uncle Ben
10-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I started snowblower shopping the other day. A Honda 9hp machine runs $2500 while briggs and straton powered machines are $1000ish. anyone own a Honda? They definitely look/seen nicer in the store but $2500 is a lot of coin.

I have a monster Honda 12 horse with tracks. It will flat out move some snow! I have a few throwers and blowers and while I have to say that the Honda is better built and performance than all the others I have used it is not worth twice the price! I got mine in exchange for rent owed me a few years back. I'm only into mine for about $800....I got lucky! As for performance.....it has a 24" high opening and it will easily chew and blow through 30+ inches of snow without slowing down! You should see what it will do to rolled up newspapers that are buried in the snow! :lmao: :thumb::thumb: John Deere also make one of the best machines out there! I wouldn't doubt they are made by the same manufacturing facility!

zornff
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I have the Honda 928. I've had it for 3 years and it kicks arse. I won't buy anything that uses a small engine unless its a Honda. I shopped and decided it was worth it. Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, and Vangaurd engines suck IMO, as i've had and used all 3. Good luck.

Crash
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Note that Zornff lives at an altitude similar to yours. Do you plan on being there a while Corbet?

Corbet
10-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Do you plan on being there a while Corbet?

I hope to be an old man in a rocking chair and still be in this house.

This is why I'm considering the Honda. If it lives up to its expectations then I see it as a sound investment. Just looking for some input from current owners to make sure they are happy with them.:cheers: