PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 first run is a success - Thank You

RicardoJM
10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I was putting together my Spooky Night Run post and my thoughts quickly launched into a retrospective of all the help I have been provided from the club. Without getting all sappy, it is a significant milestone to have taken the 40 on its first run and in large part it was made possible by many of you on the board and in the club. Sitting here clicking the keys on this keyboard and comparing it to shifting gears and chugging up a slushy hill in the dark with 23 other trucks - I'd much rather be doing the latter. :D

Many of you have been patient teachers willing to lend a hand and point me in the right direction. When I brought the 40 home on a tow dolly in late December, I didn't know all that much. I thought the 40 was basically sound and would be a reliable truck someday but had no clue what was ahead. Itís been 10 months of projects (big and small) on a budget where each one improved reliability, safety and capability of the 37 year old vehicle. While there is still plenty of work to be done, I am confident my FJ40 is mechanically sound (not perfect) and enjoy driving it nearly daily. On many of the projects, I have secretly wished the "FJ40 Fairy Godmother" would descend from the heavens and do problem solving and wrenching for me, but I'm glad she does not exist. In her place, the Rising Sun 4X4 Club is even better as it teaches and encourages anyone with the desire and initiative to learn:bowdown:. Thanks all!!! :risingsun

Azrael
10-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I've got to agree. In the short time I've had my 40, the help I've received from this group has been nothing short of amazing. I'm eagerly awaiting the day I can take her for her first trail ride as well. In the meantime, it's been a much more reliable car than my seven year old Saab. Just getting a little cold in the mornings, though.

:beer:

wesintl
10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Awesome you got it out on the trail Ricardo. I was bummed I missed your maiden voyage.

Congrats on finding your inner wrench :hill:

nuclearlemon
10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
congrats:cheers:

timmbuck2
10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
truly the people in this club are special.

congrats Ricardo...sorry I have been swamped at work. Things should be better after today...drop by, let's drive the 40 to lunch.

Was cool to see your 40 with your bike on the back in the parking lot at 7am this morning!

T

Bikeman
10-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Cool deal. I will be in your shoes someday, and I know nothing about 40's.

Uncle Ben
10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Very cool Richardo! You are "one of those" people in the club too! You are always there to help when you can and truly a quality person! Reap your reward sir! :cheers: :thumb: