PDA

View Full Version : Cruiser Sighting....

Uncle Ben
02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Came around the corner today headed home and spotted a georgeous White '97 80 that was big and bad. It looked like Millers 80 on steroids. Then I spotted Robbie in the drivers seat....it WAS Millers 80 on Robbie steroids! SWEET! Another big beautiful 80 around the campfire! Kudo's to Barb, Bruce and that Robbie magic! :fing: Neighborhood sure has visually improved recently! Seems like I nearly break my neck googling over beastly 80's every week around here.....thanks Robbie! Me likey! :cheers:

bh4rnnr
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Maybe I should move up there :hill:

subzali
02-22-2006, 08:01 PM
My parents saw a nice black 80 series down in Littleton with sliders etc. and a Rising Sun sticker on the back...who's that anyway? I didn't recognize the truck.

bh4rnnr
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Think it's funny when Max's mom keeps running into the guy I work with. What are we at now?? :D

74fj40
02-22-2006, 08:30 PM
my mom ran into him? ive seen him several other times, once i saw it in the parking lot of babies are us(i was going to best buy, not babies are us :D) and a few other places. but yeah, small world

Uncle Ben
02-22-2006, 08:58 PM
My parents saw a nice black 80 series down in Littleton with sliders etc. and a Rising Sun sticker on the back...who's that anyway? I didn't recognize the truck.

I think the only black 80 in the club is the beautiful ride of the Hulk himself! :bowdown: :bowdown: :)

Uncle Ben
02-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Think it's funny when Max's mom keeps running into the guy I work with. What are we at now?? :D

Insurance is probably getting suspicious...don't ya think? :eek: :rant:

Hulk
02-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Probably my 80. See attached picture. I have a front bumper and sliders now. Next on the list: 2.5" OME lift and a back bumper. If I can afford this in the next month or so, the black Cruiser is going to Moab this year!

Uncle Ben
02-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Probably my 80. See attached picture. I have a front bumper and sliders now. Next on the list: 2.5" OME lift and a back bumper. If I can afford this in the next month or so, the black Cruiser is going to Moab this year!

Whats that huge hole in the bumper for....extra cooling? :p :hill:

Hulk
02-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Here are the sliders. One of a kind, courtesy of Billy Wadsworth of Rocky Mountain Cruisers (http://rockycruisers.com/) in Silt Colorado.
:weld::beer:

Hulk
02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Whats that huge hole in the bumper for....extra cooling? :p :hill:
Got an extra winch lying around? I'd love to fill it. My wallet's still thin, however. :(

Uncle Ben
02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Got an extra winch lying around? I'd love to fill it. My wallet's still thin, however. :(

Few extra wenches but nothing that will ride on your bumber! :eek: :lmao BTW....nice tires! :fing: :cheers:

Hulk
02-22-2006, 11:35 PM
BTW....nice tires! :fing: :cheers:
I love 'em! The height gain was sweet, the ride is great, and they performed nicely on the snow and pizza run. I'm an AT convert!
Thanks! :fing::beer::drink:

subzali
02-23-2006, 12:52 AM
I'll vouch for the tires on the S/P run! For some reason I didn't really think your truck was black though... I must be doing a little bit of :boozer: :p

nakman
02-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok, hijack in full effect now. Matt, what did you with my, I mean your, old stock front bumper? You want to sell it and split the cash? Or does anyone else in the club need it?

Also I'm hoping to jump on Ty's J springs.. if I get them I've got some 850's for you. :)

I must be doing a little bit of
Yeah right, Subzali.. right after you snarf down another cheeseburger. ;)

subzali
02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah right, Subzali.. right after you snarf down another cheeseburger. ;)

:eek: :hill: :fing:

Uncle Ben
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=nakman]
Also I'm hoping to jump on Ty's J springs.. QUOTE]

Tim,
Your welcome to come over and jump on the kids trampoline instead.....might be a better landing! :eek: :hill:

bh4rnnr
02-23-2006, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=nakman]
Also I'm hoping to jump on Ty's J springs.. QUOTE]

Tim,
Your welcome to come over and jump on the kids trampoline instead.....might be a better landing! :eek: :hill:

We can play three ring circus :D

Hulk
02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok, hijack in full effect now. Matt, what did you with my, I mean your, old stock front bumper? You want to sell it and split the cash? Or does anyone else in the club need it?

Also I'm hoping to jump on Ty's J springs.. if I get them I've got some 850's for you. :)

The old stock bumper is in Silt, Colorado at the moment. I'll get it back sometime this year. I'm in no hurry. I already had an inquiry about it, from the guy who sold me his ARB bumper. I had the bumper blasted and painted by a buddy of mine after I got it from you -- it was pretty pitted -- so it's in fine condition now.

I have several options for springs and lift. I'm saving up my cash. I'd really like to have this done before CM, but it's not urgent -- I can always bring the 40. :)

How much additional lift are you going to get out of J springs? Like 0.5"?

Hulk
02-23-2006, 11:50 PM
For some reason I didn't really think your truck was black though... I must be doing a little bit of :boozer: :p

It's black about once a week, after washing. Otherwise, it's sorta dark gray. :o

Shark Bait
02-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I love 'em! The height gain was sweet, the ride is great, and they performed nicely on the snow and pizza run. I'm an AT convert!
Thanks! :fing::beer::drink:

What size tires? I'm going to need some new ones this year. :(

nakman
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Matt, 850's with 1" Mr. Gasket spacers should be at about the same height as 850J's, at least that what I'm thinking (hoping). I doubt the difference is more than 1/2", but I'll take some before & after measurements to be sure.

And Chris, if planets align this spring and I end up regearing, I'll definitely have some AT's available, will let you know!

Shark Bait
02-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Cool. I'll probably be needing some. :rolleyes:

Bruce Miller
02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes, Kevin, that was our 80 you saw on your street. Our homework is to drive it 500 miles to break everything in. That should happen before Moab, unless we drive it to NM and back. Do you keep your 80 parked in the street all the time? I'm afraid to do that for fear of getting it either stolen or broken into. Around Thanksgiving last year, I had a 1979 FJ55 and the car hauler trailer it was strapped to stolen from work. Following that, $2,000.00 worth of my personal tools were stolen from the lobby at work. (We put the tool box in the lobby for safe keeping so they wouldn't be in the back of the pickup at DIA!) The Sheriff was helpful. He said there was no use in looking for the stuff since it was probably already in Mexico. Remember all that next time you visit Weld County.
Bruce & Barbara

Uncle Ben
02-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi guys,
No! It usually is in the garage but currently it's stall has Amy's Acura in it on jack stands again, waiting for parts that Amy must buy. (It's about to get pushed into the driveway! :rant: )
I remember when your 55 got stolen. Never found it or anything?

Are you coming to the meeting Wednesday?

Yes, Kevin, that was our 80 you saw on your street. Our homework is to drive it 500 miles to break everything in. That should happen before Moab, unless we drive it to NM and back. Do you keep your 80 parked in the street all the time? I'm afraid to do that for fear of getting it either stolen or broken into. Around Thanksgiving last year, I had a 1979 FJ55 and the car hauler trailer it was strapped to stolen from work. Following that, $2,000.00 worth of my personal tools were stolen from the lobby at work. (We put the tool box in the lobby for safe keeping so they wouldn't be in the back of the pickup at DIA!) The Sheriff was helpful. He said there was no use in looking for the stuff since it was probably already in Mexico. Remember all that next time you visit Weld County.
Bruce & Barbara

Bruce Miller
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Yep, we'll be at the meeting on Wednesday. Not sure we'll stay for a beer afterwards since we're up at 4:20 and off to the pool at the gym. (Trying to stay young!).