PDA

View Full Version : J Springs for Sale

Romer
02-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I am posting this for T Y L E R. These are still at Slee after his upgrade. Any questions, PM him on IH8MUD.com

My J coils are 3" approx. lift as opposed to 2.5" med's. I used to run 850J/863 which came close to level, had I added a spacer up front (Mind you I had a VERY light rear .. usually almost empty tank *L*, no jump seats, no tools, no spare).

I would like $75USD for them .. they are a bit rusted near the bottom of the coils and they are 13 months old.

My paypal is zenouttazen@shaw.ca if anyone needs to know up front. I can be PM'd at Mud, and the coils can be viewed at Slee's.

Thanx!

FJBen
02-23-2006, 05:12 PM
could you run 35's with J's/Heavy? or no bueno?

Uncle Ben
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM

315's will probably be OK. My 35" Trexus MT's (true 35's) are tight with my J+40mm front/J rear set up. They rarely rub except on hard full stuff in the rear.

nakman
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks, Ken!!

bh4rnnr
02-24-2006, 08:56 PM
315's will probably be OK. My 35" Trexus MT's (true 35's) are tight with my J+40mm front/J rear set up. They rarely rub except on hard full stuff in the rear.

You do hard trails :hill: :lmao

Uncle Ben
02-24-2006, 09:14 PM
You do hard trails :hill: :lmao

Yup...often three times.....Once to break trail, then backwards, then third time pulling your butt through. :hill: Of course none of those trails were that tough.... :lmao watch what you step in Runner boy.... ;) :cheers:

bh4rnnr
02-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Yup...often three times.....Once to break trail, then backwards, then third time pulling your butt through. :hill: Of course none of those trails were that tough.... :lmao watch what you step in Runner boy.... ;) :cheers:

:hill: :hill: :hill: :beer:

Nay
02-26-2006, 11:00 PM

You could run 35's on 2.5" OME pretty easily...it's not the springs...it's the shocks. The problem with these kits is they use stock length shocks mounted in the stock positions...so there is too much up travel.

The J springs are supposed to be run with "L" shocks, which add 1" of travel...but I'd get some Bilsteins and lose the frame pin mounts with a shock adapter to space the travel down and tune it from there. I've been looking at all of these kits, and the OME stock height, OME 2.5, and OME heavy all use the same shocks (so how do you ever get bigger tires?). OME J, Slee 4", and Slee 6" all use the "L" shocks. There is major room for improvement there to fit the meats on not all that much lift...no way an 80 needs 4"+ lift for 35's with those huge wheel wells.

TYLER, who is selling the springs, is running 36" IROKs on 4" of lift. The flex sucks (up travel is limited, but shocks are still the L's), but that setup is for looks.

Nay

nakman
02-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Well, all theory aside.. I bought Tyler's J springs and plan on running 35's. :) I'll let you know how it goes!

FJBen
02-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, all theory aside.. I bought Tyler's J springs and plan on running 35's. :) I'll let you know how it goes!

Are you still running stock gears? I'll be intersted in power if you do have stock gears.

nakman
02-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Are you still running stock gears?

I am, and power sucks even with only 295's (33.4") New gears is still in the approval process, I've submitted my req, only need one more signature!