PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seeing gas for under $2?

Rezarf
11-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Man, we are SO close here in L'ville. I think it is $2.03 just down the road!

Anyone want to buy a kerbillion jerry cans with me for next summer? :p:

Nice to put the foot down on the 2f again :thumb:

Uncle Ben
11-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Man, we are SO close here in L'ville. I think it is $2.03 just down the road!

Anyone want to buy a kerbillion jerry cans with me for next summer? :p:

Nice to put the foot down on the 2f again :thumb:

Dood....you gotta venture out further! The Barn store in downtown L'Ville was on the news last week for being the first in the state to drop to 1.99! I always fill up at UPI in Lafeyette and Unleaded was 1.96 yesterday....(Premium was 2.16!) :woot::woot::bowdown::kevin:

nuclearlemon
11-12-2008, 05:31 PM
it's 1.99 across the street from where i work and that's usually a bit more expensive than the places up on 74th. my boss lives in parker, said it was $1.81 way down there :rant:

theboomboom
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm seeing $1.97 around littleton, the sheiks must really like our new head honcho.

Azrael
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I just paid 1.99 on the way home from work, actually. $32 to fill the tank.

powderpig
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
The costco in Westminster is at 1.84 for regular, 1.98 for premium. Reading the Denver post, they think it may go as low as 1.50 before it starts to rise again. as for storing fuel. Some stuff I have read suggests that you should not let fuel set for more than 30 days because of certain additives will go bad. Do not really know if this is true or not.
Maybe find one of those gas cards that let you buy in advance a certain amount to help for the future year. It is nice, but short lived and we will be feeling the pain again in a few month or maybe a year. Nice while it lasts.

subzali
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Yep, around 1.95-1.97 in Lakewood, Englewood and Aurora... (that was all yesterday, man I gotta stop driving so much :doh:)

Question: why can it go down to $1.50 and then have to go back up? :dunno: Can't it just stay there? :confused:

Corbet
11-12-2008, 07:06 PM
was 2.43 this morning in Durango, cheapest I could find:mad:

Groucho
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
$1.69 for regular at Thornton PKWY & Huron. I haven't seen it that low in years.

PatrolMan
11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
$1.69 is dirt cheap! I know it was under $2.00 in OK a month ago. Figured just a matter of time here. It is just above $1.90 in Englewood, but continues to drop.

Jenny Cruiser
11-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Gas below $2 a gallon! I love it!:thumb:

Nay
11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Question: why can it go down to $1.50 and then have to go back up? :dunno: Can't it just stay there? :confused:

Because it was driven up by hedge funds and investment banks buying oil futures in completely unregulated markets for profits as a hedge against stock market and other investments.

Think about Merrill Lynch buying oil tankers and starting to become an oil company itself while investing unregulated in oil futures for profit and you will know why you were paying $4 a gallon. When you own the commodity and you bet on its price essentially under the table you can really drive some market movement in your favor.

These are investment companies who play with other people's money, and everybody has asked for their money back, so the game is off for now. This is also why gold is falling when it is supposed to be the "safe" investment in bad times.

It is also the reason that OPEC can do nothing about the slide - the rise never had a basis in supply/demand, although that story line was used to prime the markets for the huge profit taking, so OPEC cutting 1.5m barrels of production a day really only reinforces the notion that oil prices were another Wall Street frenzy driven bubble paid for on the backs of middle class consumers who in the market collapse are at least getting cheaper gas back in return, perhaps for some time.

If we get out act together on a future energy grid and supply with a proper regulatory structure and government incentives, we may be able to keep those prices down as we shift off of oil. If we don't get our act together, remember this time fondly as the day you saw $1.xx gas again.

Rezarf
11-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Some stuff I have read suggests that you should not let fuel set for more than 30 days because of certain additives will go bad. Do not really know if this is true or not.

I'm sure your right Robbie, but I can't imagine my 3rd world ready 40 couldn't run some bad gas for while. I can only imagine what some people run through these old 2fs around the world. I have seen a few Petrol stations in Australia and Africa that would make us all cringe... locals don't seem to care.

:thumb::hill::lmao:

thenimirra
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
yep, this morning I filled up for 1.95 at the Texaco up the street.

powderpig
11-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes Drew, but that is real fuel, not the stuff we see today with blended alcohol and other additives that will corrode certain metals real fast. The 2F could almost run on Piss.

CardinalFJ60
11-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes Drew, The 2F could almost run on Piss.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PabloCruise
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
$1.96 in the Fort

Rezarf
11-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Yes Drew the 2F could almost run on Piss.

Just ribbin' ya' Robbie! :thumb::bowdown:

Red_Chili
11-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Because it was driven up by hedge funds and investment banks buying oil futures in completely unregulated markets for profits as a hedge against stock market and other investments.

Think about Merrill Lynch buying oil tankers and starting to become an oil company itself while investing unregulated in oil futures for profit and you will know why you were paying $4 a gallon. When you own the commodity and you bet on its price essentially under the table you can really drive some market movement in your favor.

These are investment companies who play with other people's money, and everybody has asked for their money back, so the game is off for now. This is also why gold is falling when it is supposed to be the "safe" investment in bad times.

It is also the reason that OPEC can do nothing about the slide - the rise never had a basis in supply/demand, although that story line was used to prime the markets for the huge profit taking, so OPEC cutting 1.5m barrels of production a day really only reinforces the notion that oil prices were another Wall Street frenzy driven bubble paid for on the backs of middle class consumers who in the market collapse are at least getting cheaper gas back in return, perhaps for some time.

If we get out act together on a future energy grid and supply with a proper regulatory structure and government incentives, we may be able to keep those prices down as we shift off of oil. If we don't get our act together, remember this time fondly as the day you saw $1.xx gas again.
You sound so BITTER and CYNICAL!!!!!

Too bad you are right on the money...

Truth be told, OPEC is rather frightened of this latest decline, and I rather think Sharif don't like it cuz it rocks his kasbah, whether he likes our new chief or not. Iran is facing some real cutbacks because of it. Shucky darns.

trucruiser
11-14-2008, 10:44 AM
$1.92 Greeley Shamrock 11-13-08

Rezarf
11-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Its so cheap I am going to let it spill all over my rig tomorrow just for fun... like old times! :D

Shark Bait
11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Just paid $1.73 /gallon regular unleaded 85 here in Parker. Time to but another cruiser. :D :eek:

farnhamstj
11-15-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm happy to be paying $2.79 for 91. Don't you just love Vail prices. I hate you city folk. Ok no I don't.

isotel
11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
cheapest was $1.77 here in the springs

I think its starting to go back up.. im going to top of the 4runner!

wesintl
12-18-2008, 09:33 AM
I never though I see gas again for less than $1.50. Lowest I've seen on my work commute route is 1.43

RockRunner
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM
$1.36 at Costco this past weekend. I am waiting for $1.15 as oil is dropping but OPEC is cutting production by 2 million barrels so we'll see.

With more people out of work less people are driving. It is simply crazy what is happening!

wesintl
12-18-2008, 11:32 AM
My wife filled up the 80 for .37c total on her safeway powerpoints. That's like a penny and half a gallon.

MDH33
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I have all my cans filled with premium waiting for the prices to jump again.

subzali
12-18-2008, 11:39 AM
it's going back up though.

Red_Chili
12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Not everywhere. I think it will fluctuate. This is as artificially low as last summer's was artificially high.

When it does go back up, and Mickey D's can't find help, etc. you will know the econ worm has turned. Come to think of it, I've seen a lot of help wanted signs at the flipper places, I think I've seen a correlation between that and very early stages of a rebound before.

Jacket
03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Good news re: gas prices? I drove past $3.45 on the way to work today.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/03/news/economy/gas_prices_fall/index.htm