PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Fj40

timmbuck2
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
So here is the story...this FJ40 was abandoned on a lady's property in the mountains of Colorado several years ago. The lady called JC (motoloco) and offered it to him for free. He generously offered it to us. I went with a few of our members and hauled it out of the snow and to my house. I had a buyer who stored it for awhile, but he no longer can buy it. ALL proceeds will be donated to one of our Land Use organizations. I would love to sell this 40 in one piece, it is still very close to being a running, driving 40. But I have NO title.

The bad...the owner (original since 1973 according to the records found in the truck, including registrations) had some....shall we say...mental issues. He basically spent the last 30 years trying to make the truck more "aerodynamic". So it has some "tweaks". Some rust and VERY interesting patch jobs. Awesome hood scoop on the hood. V8 conversion, but has newer tranny and tcase...74 or 75 according to his records.

The good...pretty complete. This would actually be a great start for a rock crawler or plow truck...or even a frame-up restoration if you wanted to bond out a title. Feel free to email me for details or PM me here. Thanks!

$2500 gets this in your garage!

Timm

timmbuck2
12-29-2008, 11:22 PM
bumpity...this is coming out of storage VERY soon and there are currently 5 vehicles at my house...and I will have to sleep in one if there are 6....and while I like the sleeping platform in my 80, it is NOT as comfy as my bed!

T

Oh...and closer to $1500 is JUST fine. :)