PDA

View Full Version : Wthsid???

FJBen
02-24-2006, 08:50 AM
What the hell should I do??? if you were asking...

everyone by now prolly knows about the piggies new trick...rollover! good piggie!

but I digress...

WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO???? keep the pig? part it? buy another? Find an 80 series? I've got two young kids and not a lot of free time. House is currently for sale...just some background. I haven't had much luck finding cheapish sold stock cruisers...most are rotted to hell...must be that damn FJ Cruiser...;) I have found a 93 FZJ80, locked, but laid on it's side I could prolly pickup for under 5....but thats another ball of wax.

Here's the parts both on, and off the vehicle:

5 new 35" BFG MT's, less than 5K miles on AE589 aluminum rims
Alcan 4.5" Lift
Cruiser Axles ARB's front and rear, ARB compressor, Aqualu double arm
4 Wheel disc brakes
Stainless Brake lines
Rebuilt engine w/~10-12K runs very good, headers, new waterpump, no leaks
Marks Offroad Carb, less than a year old....started in walden, no choke -16 below very quickly.
4 Speed, t-case
Warn 5687, mounting plate
Tire carrier mount, slee-hinge,
sliders =i believe these are Ige's! :)
Greasable shackles, greasable pins
Doetsch Tech shocks, rear 1 year old
Custom front bumper

Off the truck:
H41 "low range Overseas tranny" bolts in
Mega Squirt Fuel injection setup pulled from running cruiser
A/C compressor from FJ60, all hoses/connections for a 55
Power Steering pump, FJ60
Spare 2F, w approx 200K, pulled from running cruiser in favor of diesel swap

nuclearlemon
02-24-2006, 08:54 AM
buy it back...you'll make your money selling parts and still have some good parts to keep.

FJBen
02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I have already bought the piggie back, forgot to mention that :D

Uncle Ben
02-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I take it that you didn't like this (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=17097) suggestion? ;) :hill:

Shark Bait
02-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Wow! I didn't realize what all you had. Find another pig and build it with all your donor parts. You'll be able to find one if you can be patient.

If you decide to part I'd be interested in the winch, ARBs, the springs maybe and probably some other stuff. I have a nice piggie home for them. :D

Red_Chili
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Rebuild it!

Rzeppa
02-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Sawzall - Somebody...Luke Porter maybe? Has an open top pig...I've seen pictures of it somewhere, I think Lance Williams used to wheel with him.

Hulk
02-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Hmmm. Maybe I should put the 80 build on hold and buy your 35's. Always wanted to go to 35's on my 40. Let me know if you decide to part it.

---------

You should try getting hold of Mike Aaron, former RS member and now in Idaho. He rolled his 55 some years ago.

FJBen
02-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Sawzall - Somebody...Luke Porter maybe? Has an open top pig...I've seen pictures of it somewhere, I think Lance Williams used to wheel with him.

I like the idea, but the vehicle has to be my DD, and with 2 kids, that could be a problem! Plus the body is MUCH worse than the pics let on. She's REALLY tweaked. lol i'm not REALLY down with the trail beater only so I'd need to find another, or a 40 or go mall cruisin' for an 80.

I'm kinda astonished by the price of 40's lately...sheesh...WAY high for not much at all...

Rzeppa
02-24-2006, 04:30 PM
I like the idea, but the vehicle has to be my DD, and with 2 kids, that could be a problem!6 point cage and a can-back :-)

60wag
02-24-2006, 07:32 PM
The 80 you have is your wife's, right? Does she really want to be driving it? Maybe she'd like a nice SAAB or a 4Runner or something. Then you drive the 80 as a daily driver/mild trail rig and take yout time waiting for the right pig to come along and the build the TRAIL PIG. OTOH, let me know if you want to get rid of the H41, if it'll work for my 60, hmmm. I need an H41.