PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Beer IQ?

Shark Bait
11-19-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.delish.com/food-fun/quizzes/beer-iq-quiz :D

I took the test and it told me, "Your beer knowledge is formidable.".

Uncle Ben
11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
I am also "formidable." Missed the Hopp and most expensive questions. Tough test....better do more studying!

Romer
11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
mmmmmmmm beeeeeeerrrrrrr

Nay
11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Only "superior". This test was clearly not weighted to knowledge gleaned from consumption :D

Uncle Ben
11-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Well the test got me in gear and I just bottled my latest batch of Ale. Looks like it's a good one....dark as a dark chocolate bar and finishes with a nice nutty aftertaste. Not sure it will make it till Christmas as planned. Few more weeks in the bottle will determine it's fate. Oh.....it's an English Brown Ale. May be only "formidable" but dang I sure do like homebrewing! :drink::cool::thumb: Might try a lighter amber next......

Hulk
11-20-2008, 12:33 AM
"Beer is your bag." :D

rover67
11-20-2008, 07:51 AM
yup beer is my bag too.

Speaking of getting in gear... I have two batches I need to bottle or keg, and a batch of Mead that's been sitting since 07 that I probably need to bottle, and the ingredients for a stout that I need to brew sometime soon..

UB, did you know there was a homebrew store in Boulder again? We bumped into it the other day... it's over there on Valmont. pretty cool. I gues he says they've been open for 9 months now... I had no idea.

Uncle Ben
11-20-2008, 08:08 AM
yup beer is my bag too.

Speaking of getting in gear... I have two batches I need to bottle or keg, and a batch of Mead that's been sitting since 07 that I probably need to bottle, and the ingredients for a stout that I need to brew sometime soon..

UB, did you know there was a homebrew store in Boulder again? We bumped into it the other day... it's over there on Valmont. pretty cool. I gues he says they've been open for 9 months now... I had no idea.

Hopp To It! Ya I found it too about 2 moths ago. This batch's ingredients all came from there. Nice to have a store in Boulder again but it's lame compared to "Whats Brewing" was. They do wine there too....actually it's a wine store getting into the beer market. The wine store is called "Stomp Those Grapes." I would also rate it as "Formidable!" :lmao:

nuclearlemon
11-20-2008, 08:12 AM
beer is my bag, although i only guessed correctly on a couple.

Uncle Ben
11-20-2008, 08:49 AM
beer is my bag, although i only guessed correctly on a couple.

The written test is not important! The only true test is how many can you drink and still get someone to believe you only had two! :eek: :rolleyes::lmao::lmao:

Nay
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
The written test is not important! The only true test is how many can you drink and still get someone to believe you only had two! :eek: :rolleyes::lmao::lmao:

"Formidable" :hill:

We need a thread on best value home brewing equipment.

Convert
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Well the test got me in gear and I just bottled my latest batch of Ale. Looks like it's a good one....dark as a dark chocolate bar and finishes with a nice nutty aftertaste. Not sure it will make it till Christmas as planned. Few more weeks in the bottle will determine it's fate. Oh.....it's an English Brown Ale. May be only "formidable" but dang I sure do like homebrewing! :drink::cool::thumb: Might try a lighter amber next......

Just bottled a batch of amber ale last night we will see how it is in a couple of weeks. Next up an Oktoberfest YUM YUM:beer:

Uncle Ben
11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Just bottled a batch of amber ale last night we will see how it is in a couple of weeks. Next up an Oktoberfest YUM YUM:beer:

I love cooler weather home brewing season! :woot::woot::beer2:

I'm thinking come January we might have to have a home brew FAC and whip out our stashes! That will be a true test! :lmao:

Nay
11-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking come January we might have to have a home brew FAC and whip out our stashes! That will be a true test! :lmao:

Suds n' Shine event :beer:?

rover67
11-20-2008, 03:29 PM
that's be fun, i have a keg of belgian ale flowing right now that's young but delish. maybe i can hold of on drinking it all for a little while and share :)

Crash
11-20-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/11/24/081124fa_fact_bilger
Great little (long) article from the current issue of New Yorker magazine regarding craft beers and features Dogfish Head Brewery. Many quotable quotes to be found and there is also a good article in the issue about the "Best Barbecue in Texas". It's written by a guy from Kansas City so you know he knows barbecue!

Cheeseman
11-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Finally took this test. I am formidable. You betcha after the "2" beers Uncle Ben mentioned. I think I could have done better cuz I know my wife can carry a 12 pak. Not just 6 beers.
________
Asian nude (http://www.****tube.com/categories/133/nude/videos/1)

Corbet
11-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Beer is my bag

We need a thread on best value home brewing equipment.

2nd, I'm getting ready to start up again after a few years of buying beer.

Shark Bait
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/11/24/081124fa_fact_bilger
Great little (long) article from the current issue of New Yorker magazine regarding craft beers and features Dogfish Head Brewery. Many quotable quotes to be found and there is also a good article in the issue about the "Best Barbecue in Texas". It's written by a guy from Kansas City so you know he knows barbecue!

Thanks for the post, Steve. The long articles is one of the things I love about the New Yorker. You start reading one and kind of get in to it and then it keeps going and going, and going. Good stuff! :thumb: