PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here-Hello

edog 80
11-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey there,

I just got my cruiser this summer, I have been lurking on ih8mud mostly to get my mechanical issues straightened out. I finally got around to registering on this site after lurking here also. I live in Boulder and hopefully will make it to the December meeting. I have been meaning to make the meetings for a few months now but something always comes up.

I have wanted an 80 for a long long long time and I finally found one in Boulder and I jumped on it. It's a 1996 FZJ with lockers and 170K miles. I bought it with a huge dent in the drivers door and a bunch of other issues that I had Oleg at Irbis fix right away. It came with an ARB and a giant ConFerr rack that I quickly chopped and re-welded so I could make use of my sunroof over the summer months. I took it camping twice and also wheeled on Coney Flats/MSV twice and Kingston peak once. I plan on wheeling mostly mildish type stuff (is Coney Flats mild?) and camping with it.

I am tied up right now with getting it mechanically sound but I want a lift/winch/tires as soon as I can afford them. I hope to meet and 4 wheel with many people here, I see a few built 80's in Boulder so I am sure I have some nearby rising sun friends.

I put a few pics up from my summer trips so far with my Cruiser. I put a link to the youtube of me crossing the lake/stream at Coney flats which was quite a bit deeper than I thought-we were wheeling in a hairy storm, you can hear the heavy rain on the video. I have two kids (hence the baby pic) and one more on the way so the cruiser holds a lot of baby kid gear in the meantime.

Thanks and :cheers:

Edog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN3CdRZjD4I

Uncle Ben
11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Nice truck! Welcome to the RS forum! You should join a few of tomorrow morning for breakfast! We're meeting at Chips Cafe (http://www.yellowpages.com/info-LMS78526927/Chips-Cafe/maps) in Lafayette at 07:30. Several of us meet every other week somewhere in the Boulder/Louisville/Lafayette area. It would be great to meet you! :thumb:

leiniesred
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I like the Yeti 575 and the rubber baby bumper picture. FEND OFF! FEND OFF!
I think you'll fit right in around here.

Romer
11-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome Edog

Looks like you got a nice truck.

Let us know if you have any questions about the club. You don't have to join to hang out, wheel or drink beer with us.

If your new or an experienced hand at wheeling you will fit in either way. Don't be afraid to speak up with questions or if you get uncomfortable In a wheeling situation. And when wheeling with us, rest assured we always will get you and your vehicle home. We dont leave anyone behind.

I liked your tree picture. I almost started my own web site titled IH8TREES.com after spending some time in Missouri a couple of years ago and going on trails that were made for Jeeps.

Jacket
11-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Welcome edog. Thanks for the introduction.

corsair23
11-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Welcome :thumb:

Great introduction and pictures...Plus a video to boot :D

I see some caption quest pictures in a couple of those...:lmao:

DaveInDenver
11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Nice junk. Welcome.
I like the Yeti 575
Looks a helluva lot like a AS-R to me... Sweet.

edog 80
11-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Yup, it's an ASR, I just replaced it though-with a Maverick which I love, my mountain bike spending disease is being replaced by the Cruiser spending which is a lot worse! My Maverick is a ton heavier but it's a beast when it comes to the downhill. Thanks for the comments, I would say I am a true beginner when it comes to wrenching and wheeling. I grew up on a farm though so I love tearing stuff apart. I just ordered my FSM and a bunch of parts so I am gearing up for a big repair weekend/week sometime soon. That's my brother doing the spotting, I can think of some good captions for that one. He's from Missouri and he is a blast to wheel with. I will try and make that breakfast meeting tomorrow..

Hulk
11-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Nice truck! Looks like mine did before the Slee steroids kicked in. The bling door handles are a rarity.