PDA

View Full Version : This is what makes it worth while

Romer
11-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I bother moderating on Mud and doing all the FAQs etc. The politics lately and BS dealing with guys like SUMOTOY and that moron Hilux got me spun up this week, some of you who were in PM and e-mail contact with me probably noticed an edge.

Then out of the blue a box comes to the house to DOR c/o Ken Romer postmarked Alaska

Note says" Rachel hope you can use the 4runner parts, the big package is for your Pops" In the box is a new dist cap, spark plugs and spark plug cables for a 4runner . . . Awesome

So I open up the wrapped package for "pops" and its a 6 pack of Alaskan Winter Ale with a note thanking for what I do on mud and that my threads have helped him like he just changed out his leather.

Deleting a SUMOTOY post is fun :D

Knowing your able to help someone makes it worth while

Taking a step #6 with an Alaskan microbrew - priceless

Corbet
11-20-2008, 07:56 PM
As its probably not said enough, Thanks for all your work over on MUD Ken. The 80 section is the most organized and often copied MUD forum IMHO.

:cheers:

Romer
11-20-2008, 08:03 PM
As its probably not said enough, Thanks for all your work over on MUD Ken. The 80 section is the most organized and often copied MUD forum IMHO.

:cheers:

Thanks Corbet, I wasnt looking for praise. Just surprised and delighted at the kind gesture from someone in Alaska whom I have never met. You guys know I am not that mechanically savy and I post up threads on what I do as I learn how to do it. People skip the fact it takes me 2 days to do what others do in 1. and then sometimes I have to redo it.

Uncle Ben
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Corbet, I wasnt looking for praise. Just surprised and delighted at the kind gesture from someone in Alaska whom I have never met. You guys know I am not that mechanically savy and I post up threads on what I do as I learn how to do it. People skip the fact it takes me 2 days to do what others do in 1. and then sometimes I have to redo it.

I appreciate you! Now bring the other 5 beers over here and lets NOT talk about your stud! :rolleyes: :p:....:lmao:

Crash
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
I appreciate you! Now bring the other 5 beers over here and lets NOT talk about your stud! :rolleyes: :p:....:lmao:

But you have to understand...."I made it worse by trying different nuts and having to angle it a bit to back it off." :confused: :D

Romer
11-20-2008, 08:30 PM

5, there are only 4 left now. I think I can see Russia from my porch ( I am drinking Alaskan beer you know)

But you have to understand...."I made it worse by trying different nuts and having to angle it a bit to back it off." :confused: :D

Come on Steve, don't you need to do that more at your age?

Romer
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
This is pretty good stuff, says on the bottom of the label, "seasonal ale brewed with spruce tips" Hadn't heard of that before but then my Beer IQ isnt as high as some of you guys.

Uncle Ben
11-20-2008, 08:36 PM
This is pretty good stuff, says on the bottom of the label, "seasonal ale brewed with spruce tips" Hadn't heard of that before but then my Beer IQ isnt as high as some of you guys.

But at least your doing the research! After the next 4 tonight you will have all the answers!

Crash
11-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Had a taste of spruce ale from Oregon at the 3FE Bash in AZ last year and all I can say is that I'd rather have a pumpkin ale anyday - and I don't want one of those ever.
I check my nutz regularly, thankyouverymuch and agreed, Ken, the more the better.

Hulk
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
That's very cool, Ken. I appreciate you stirring the pot a bit on the TLCA forum, too! :D

Corbet
11-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I'd rather have a pumpkin ale anyday - and I don't want one of those ever.

Then you have not had the right pumpkin ale yet. ;) I've got to start brewing again soon.

Uncle Ben
11-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Then you have not had the right pumpkin ale yet. ;) I've got to start brewing again soon.

Hmmm true! Ever has a "Pumkinhead" from Portland Brewery?

timmbuck2
11-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Yes, Ken is a very good pot stirrer!! :)

Survivorman ate spruce tips when he was in the mountains...hadn't heard you could make beer out of them.

very cool to get thanks like that Ken! makes it all seem kinda worthwhile...

Corbet
11-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Hmmm true! Ever has a "Pumkinhead" from Portland Brewery?

Haven't had that one. I got my start with Lake Front Brewery's "Spiced Pumpkin" in Milwaukee. From there I started brewing my own :thumb:

waggoner5
11-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Now, if you can just bitch slap Schotts, we could all sleep a little better:) Can I say that?