PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Landcruiser 80 series

Nemo
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Guys,
I just happened to come across a low mileage 40th Anniversary LC for cheap. :p:

I now need to see about shipping it back from CA to CO. Any suggestions or has anyone used a car shipping company.

Thanks a million.

Romer
11-21-2008, 03:12 PM
was it this one? My boss wanted that one as well but it sold

http://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/252290-97-40th-anni-diff-locks.html

Nemo
11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
That is it. I happened to be in San Jose on business as well so it worked out perfectly. I am excited and that truck is in great shape. Tell your boss I am sorry, but I will have my 80 up for sale soon if he is interest, but mine has about 210,000.

Romer
11-21-2008, 03:21 PM
That is it. I happened to be in San Jose on business as well so it worked out perfectly. I am excited and that truck is in great shape. Tell your boss I am sorry, but I will have my 80 up for sale soon if he is interest, but mine has about 210,000.

Thanks

He has a new 200 series he calls a nacy mobile , he spent 6 years in Australia and wanted a nice vehicle he could take out into the "bush". Thats why that 97 would have been good

Nemo
11-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah! I knew I had to jump on it quick before I lost the opportunity. Now it is decision time to drive from CA to CO in a week or so or have it shipped.

So off to get some ideas on cost of shipment vs. gas and a pretty fun roadtrip but time is the issue. :beer:

Nay
11-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I'd expect shipping to run $1,000-$1,200 based on when I was looking to ship an 80 from CA.

Azrael
11-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah! I knew I had to jump on it quick before I lost the opportunity. Now it is decision time to drive from CA to CO in a week or so or have it shipped.

So off to get some ideas on cost of shipment vs. gas and a pretty fun roadtrip but time is the issue. :beer:

That's a weekend tops. Going to be much cheaper than shipping, too.

Uncle Ben
11-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I think you have one choice. One way ticket followed by the honeymoon with your new mistress! I bought my 40th in North Dakota. Flew up there, was picked up at the airport by the seller, went to his bank and played the money/title transfer deal and was on the road less than 1.5 hours after I stepped on North Dakota soil! I enjoyed the drive in my beautiful new vehicle more than I could express! I visited my buddies in Rapid City on the way home then took a quick but meandering drive through the Black Hills then beelined on home. Priceless!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't do anything different if faced with the same choices again! Do yourself a huge favor and go get your new friend and get acquainted on the way home! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::bowdown::kevin:

Romer
11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
When I bought my truck in Dallas, the roundtrip ticket was cheaper, plus you dont go through the ringer at security like you do with a one-way. A one way ticket purchased at the last minute is a flag and gets a special code on your ticket for additional screening.

Agreed with Kevin on driving it home is the best way to get acquainted with it. You can do it in two days, we did almost the same drive to the rubithon

Crash
11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Fly me out and I'll drive it back. Seriously.

leiniesred
11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Drive it back.
My 4runner is from San Jose too.
I stopped and wheeled my (new to me) rig in Moab on the way home. I just HAD to test it out!

60wag
11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I drove my truck back after I bought it too. Although the 2 mile drive didn't really allow me to get too acquainted before I pulled into the driveway. :)

Hulk
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I drove mine back from Chicago. A fun little weekend trip. :)

Gas is cheap right now -- the timing couldn't be better.

Looks like a sweet rig! I love the lack of a roof rack.

sleeoffroad
11-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I use these people. http://www.autotrans1.com/ Had good dealing with them. I would say $750/$950 is the ball park.

nuclearlemon
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
i'll add to the fly out and drive it back. don't know about san jose, but i've done la to denver in one long a.. day.

Jenny Cruiser
11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Drive it back! I'd hit LV and Moab on the way back and then rent a snowboard at Vail to round it off.:thumb:

I've driven all mine back. Longest (and fastest) trip was almost 2500 miles. :)

Nemo
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks Guys, Looks like I will end up driving it back. It would be fun anyway and I like the idea of Moab and Vail :D

Maybe pitch in Vegas for kicks :hill: A little out of the way but I need to win my money back :hill:

Uncle Ben
11-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks Guys, Looks like I will end up driving it back. It would be fun anyway and I like the idea of Moab and Vail :D

Maybe pitch in Vegas for kicks :hill: A little out of the way but I need to win my money back :hill:

Hmmmmmm....just remember....the cost of getting the Cruiser and bringing it home is part of what it cost you! If you blow another $5k in Vegas you negated the deal you got on the Cruiser! ;) :bowdown::kevin:

Nemo
11-23-2008, 12:05 PM
To those that may be of interest I will probably fly out this coming Friday and Drive it back. I will know for sure tomorrow and post up. If you are interested in providing me company for the drive I would entertain having you come out with me :bowdown:

wesintl
11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
wow. That looks like a sweet rig :thumb: