PDA

View Full Version : What should Perry do next?

bh4rnnr
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM
After finishing a 9 day trip into Beef Basin, an idea(kinda put on hold) became re-energized.

After coming back from Ireland, I started working towards a trip called "Desert Journey", a year long expedition into the depths of Utah's desert country. But, while working for that some other ideas started to come up. So i've decided to start working for that desert trip by doing other trips. Working up to the desert trip so to speak.. The only problem is all the ideas I have seem to fun to do and I have a hard time settling on one.

The truck still needs to be finished, probably bout 2 years out. But I figure I can start researching ect in the mean time.

So here are my ideas thus far:

The Outlaw Trail: Spending time exploring the Wild Bunch's past hide outs and robberys.

Road Trip to the Arctic Ocean: Head north to Alaska and Arctic Ocean.

Perry's Big Island adventure: Exploring Hawaii's Big Island

Lost in Ireland: More fun in Ireland

Hawaii and Ireland, I would be shipping the 4runner over.

So lets here the thoughts, suggestions and other ideas. :cheers:

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I should mention, that the three of the four ideas has the one thing that scares me the most, that big blue ocean.

MDH33
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
How about an option for "all of the above"? :D

Sounds fun and I'm envious of your ability to roam at will.

My thought would be to keep exploring Utah as part of your continuing "Outlaws Run" annual trip. Then maybe spend 1/2 a year heading up to Alaska and back. So much to see and do right here on the North American continent without needing to ship your rig. Europe and Hawaii can both be spendy too. You could do a longer trip on the cheap by staying in the US and Canada.

I've always thought it would be fun to fly down to South America, buy an FJ45 and road trip it back. :cool:

Edit:

And where the heck is that trip report about Beef Basin!?

Hulk
11-25-2008, 12:28 AM
It's interesting that the votes all seem to be headed in the same direction, esp. considering the current results are hidden until you place your vote.

Now the question is, how soon will you be rolling that direction? :)

bh4rnnr
11-25-2008, 08:11 AM
How about an option for "all of the above"? :D

Sounds fun and I'm envious of your ability to roam at will.

My thought would be to keep exploring Utah as part of your continuing "Outlaws Run" annual trip. Then maybe spend 1/2 a year heading up to Alaska and back. So much to see and do right here on the North American continent without needing to ship your rig. Europe and Hawaii can both be spendy too. You could do a longer trip on the cheap by staying in the US and Canada.

I've always thought it would be fun to fly down to South America, buy an FJ45 and road trip it back. :cool:

Edit:

And where the heck is that trip report about Beef Basin!?

I think the main idea behind the Outlaws Run was to just get out and explore the areas frequented by the Wild Bunch. We've coverd a good amount in Utah, but there's still other states on the radar(I'm not giving out any details of next years run until I have dates set, er "they" get there dates set:D)

And that's one reason why Alaska seemed to be a fun idea, as it was a bit cheaper than Europe(maybe a little less now) and Hawaii. Was thinking maybe a 3month(or so) road trip to Alaska, to allow ample time to get lost.

As for Beef Basin, yeah i've just been lazy:beer:

bh4rnnr
11-25-2008, 08:14 AM
It's interesting that the votes all seem to be headed in the same direction, esp. considering the current results are hidden until you place your vote.

Now the question is, how soon will you be rolling that direction? :)

I thought it's interesting to:cool:.

as for heading that way, hard to say. Need to get the 4runner ready first, then see how long it takes to save money for the trip and other things(rent ect...).

Corbet
11-25-2008, 10:13 AM
I've always wanted to goto Alaska

sno bored
11-25-2008, 05:22 PM
I voted to ¨go North¨. Ireland and Hawaii are both great, but not really that much wide open area to explore. I think Martin had a good idea about South America. If I didn´t have my fat wife and 10 kids to support I would head down to South America :hill:, oh wait I´m here now. You can head to the deserts anytime you want but I think you should take a long adventure somewhere.

bh4rnnr
11-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, so far with the results of the poll, looks like i'll be heading north:cool: . Was going to leave this up a little bit longer, then start a thread for the trip.

Was thinking about a start date over the holiday and think I might have a good date:cool:

wesintl
11-29-2008, 12:23 PM
One trip I've always wanted to do from here down Baja to cabo san lucas ferry to the mainland then over to copper canyon and back up to CO.

You want some real open area to explore I wouldn't leave this off the radar.

I wouldn't limit yourself to utah or 2 other places you've already been. Fly to aus and tour the outback. Go to africa. Join the peace corp for a year. Just do it.

Beachboy
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Went to Alaska for 78 days 2 years ago - should have stayed longer and we are planning on going again in a few years. So much to see up there and alot of places to see getting there in Canada. I like the Cabo - Copper Canyon idea. Always wanted to do that trip.