PDA

View Full Version : The only reason I would sell the 80 ....

Tch2fly
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
is to get back into Gymkhana/Autocross.
Ken Block Racing vid (http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/small_player/preloader.swf?vendor_id=204&media_id=9183&bgcolor=FFFFFF&autoplay=0)

If you have a slow connection it might take a bit but totally worth it.
That is the most wicked sounding Subaru I've ever heard.

DaveInDenver
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Dude on the Segway has big brass ones. Wow!

corsair23
11-24-2008, 06:22 PM

No DOUBT :eek:

That was pretty cool...Drive it like you stole it! Oh to be rich and be able to burn off the tread on a set of tires like that :D

Just don't try those drifting maneuvers in your 80 Mike - seemed to be a rash of folks on MUD last year that were into drifting their 80s...until they became turtles that it :rolleyes:

Jenny Cruiser
11-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning. That guy was smooth. I wonder what he could do with a Skyline or Evo.cool:

Crash
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM

Oh man, I was thinking the guy on the Segway was doin' the drifting. That would have been cool! :hill:

Azrael
11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning. That guy was smooth. I wonder what he could do with a Skyline or Evo.cool:

I doubt those would be much better or worse than the Subie.

It's always awesome to watch Ken behind the wheel. I got some face time with him at Rally Colorado a couple months back. Just a good guy all around.

Hulk
11-25-2008, 01:49 AM
That was amazing. Wonder if he needs a new set of tires every time he runs?

rover67
11-25-2008, 09:07 AM
yeah, it makes me want to get back into cars too.

I sold everything fast i owned to come out here. I think it was worth it.

i'll get another car sometime.

the vidieo did make me drool though.

Jenny Cruiser
11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I doubt those would be much better or worse than the Subie.

Are you speaking from experience or ...?

Azrael
11-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Are you speaking from experience or ...?

No real experience other than being a former subie owner. That might be reason to consider me bias, but really, the STi and Evo are generally on par in performance, with the evo only getting a slight edge in the most recent generations. The '09 WRX, though, is going to blow is going to blow the Ralliart out of the water, which will lead to improvement in STi hopefully in the following year. I think, though, there's good reason Subaru dominates the rally circuits, and it's not just the money they throw at it.