PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Wanted: F/2F engine

74fj40
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
In decent enough condition to drop in and run it.

Unfortunatley am having some pretty severe knocking on my engine right now :( Haven't had time to look into it yet and just want to check out my options first.

Thanks, Max

MDH33
11-29-2008, 10:13 AM
In decent enough condition to drop in and run it.

Unfortunatley am having some pretty severe knocking on my engine right now :( Haven't had time to look into it yet and just want to check out my options first.

Thanks, Max

Dude, that rots! Sorry to hear it. Can't help you with the 2F, but don't sweat paying me for those bows until you get things sorted and your rig running right.

I've seen a lot of really cheap FJ60's on CL lately. Might be worth picking one up and pulling the motor then parting the rest. Let us know how we can help.

:thumb:

74fj40
11-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I'm still deciding what to do, If I should use this as an opening to build a sweet drive train, or just get a motor bakc in and running. This was my favorite time of year to drive the 40 around. Especially snow wheeling. although it could get kind of cold it was still worth it.

Anyways, yeah Martin, that seems to be my only option as of right now. would be awesome because I could just part it and make my money back... but I just dont have the time or even space to do it right now being I'll be starting full time on the 5th... :(

Still hoping somone has one that already pulled, I might even bight for a complete 3fe, that would be a nice swap with fuel injection and all.

Thanks in advanced, Max.

timmbuck2
11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
you could rebuild a 3fe for $150...
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/907235816.html

or make this guy an offer on his brand new 2f
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/917436651.html

gr8fulabe
11-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Max,

I am getting ready to swap in a 2F/H55F combo into my 40. When I did, I was planning on pulling the F & 4speed that are in it now out and selling it whole. I would sell you the whole thing for $400. I granaded the Clutch Pressure plate, so that needs to be replaced, but other than that it all runs great. I was told that the F was rebuilt, and it would now have just over 30,000 miles on it, but I have no way of knowing if that is true. You can hear the engine run now, since it is still in the truck. I would think it would be an easy swap as I was going to sell it complete. It has a 2F valve cover & air filter housing, but it is an F from 71 if I recall. Let me know if you want more info down the road...

Best,
Abe

74fj40
11-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Abe- I'm waiting to hear back from the guy on craigs list with a new one. But I might be interested. But only in the motor, maybe someone else on here needs the 4 speed? I've already got an fj60 4 speed with split case. heh heh don't need another transmission sitting around the garage.

I'll let you know for sure.

Man Jerk
12-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I have a 2f out of an 85 FJ60. Good Compression, between 115 and 105.

Complete air cleaner to oil pan. No Accessories.

I did de-smog this motor.

Looking for $350 / offer.

719-433-4658

Mark.

MDH33
12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Mark, I might be interested in this as a builder for my '85 60 if Max doesn't take it.

I have a 2f out of an 85 FJ60. Good Compression, between 115 and 105.

Complete air cleaner to oil pan. No Accessories.

I did de-smog this motor.

Looking for $350 / offer.

719-433-4658

Mark.

Man Jerk
12-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Mark, I might be interested in this as a builder for my '85 60 if Max doesn't take it.

I'll let you know. :)

74fj40
12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Mark, I think I'm going to hold off on another engine as of now, my engine is running fine as of now, and seems to not be knocking any more? I do know that it was for sure a knock when it happened though.

Anyways, Martin, your more than welcome to Marks engine!

Man Jerk
12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear it works out.

SteveH
12-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Max - you might still pull the pan and check the rod bearings. I had on-and-off knocking for several years in my Massey tractor and when I checked the rod bearings, one had spun and the other was 'tore up' pretty badly. The crank was scored, but not totally hammered, so new bearings and fixing the oil pump bypass (the cause of this) completely fixed it. So, some investigation now might save you a thrown rod later. I plan to check the Massey in a year or two and see how the bearings look and how they spec out with plastigage.