PDA

View Full Version : I have held out long enough! sigh...

Rezarf
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Hard top goes on tomorrow! I have cheated old man winter long enough...

Anyone else been taking the same chances this long?

Subz, Jacket, Martin?

:cheers::thumb::hill:

Uncle Ben
12-03-2008, 06:02 PM
That whining right there is why you never get invited to a St. Fuaw! RUN!!!! :rolleyes::whiner: Swap the hoodie for a coat man....bast Bikini Top weather all year is upon us! :thumb::thumb::cool:

RicardoJM
12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
That whining right there is why you never get invited to a St. Fuaw! RUN!!!! :rolleyes::whiner: Swap the hoodie for a coat man....bast Bikini Top weather all year is upon us! :thumb::thumb::cool:

UB the world is made up of two kinds of dogs; outdoor and indoor and a dog is happiest when he know just what he is. In my case I know I'm an indoor dog:D.

Drew, you're the man for holding out this long. A couple of months ago I started to focus more on sealing up the cabin, and getting the heaters working. There's no way I'm tough enough to run topless in this weather.

nuclearlemon
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
god made insulated coveralls for a reason

subzali
12-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I put my hardtop on sometime in October for the :princess: (and myself) on the Spooky Night Run. I must be getting old, not too interested in getting snowed on without a hard top/hard doors/heat (even if marginal) these days...

60wag
12-04-2008, 06:27 AM
I had the sunroof open on Monday. Does that count ? :)

Azrael
12-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I put mine on friday before Thanksgiving, but only because that's the first I could find.

Really, my commute to work isn't that bad, but trying to drive up to the mountains is a different story.

MDH33
12-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Hard top goes on tomorrow! I have cheated old man winter long enough...

Anyone else been taking the same chances this long?

Subz, Jacket, Martin?

:cheers::thumb::hill:

No hard top for me! I still have my pakistan top on though. I am going to paint my hard top this winter, so it won't be going on at all. I still haven't tried my new bimini top from Ehsan yet either, so maybe I'll pop that sucker on for the snow run. ;)

I put mine on friday before Thanksgiving, but only because that's the first I could find.

Really, my commute to work isn't that bad, but trying to drive up to the mountains is a different story.

So did you score a hardtop?

Azrael
12-04-2008, 09:37 AM
So did you score a hardtop?

Yeah, Took Mendecino's off his hands.

Red_Chili
12-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I put my hardtop on in the fall. Five years ago. Took it off shortly thereafter and it has lived on sawhorses since.

wimp.

:lmao:

Jacket
12-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Mine when back on just before Halloween, but my heater doesn't work (and a Tacoma to drive on days like today).

If you don't get it done today and need a hand, lemme know.

leiniesred
12-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm still softtop, but I don't really count with my metal doors, power windows, power door locks, air conditioning, carpet, cloth seats, sunroof, and stuff like that do I?

Red_Chili
12-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Yep, Spanky is the veritable lap of luxury.

Rezarf
12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Ahhh, didn't get the top on just yet, the weekend still looks promising. I have been running around in a bikini top for a while... doesn't that conjure up a few images!

:hill:

Down Jacket has been getting the nod a lot lately.

Magoo
12-05-2008, 03:19 PM
goo' shall never wear a hard top.
not even sure why i still own the darn thing.
i remember a few years back in a deep freeze i froze my eyeballs flyin down 1-25 in like
-15 degree mornings.had to take a nap when i got to work.
good times.

Romer
12-05-2008, 03:24 PM
goo' shall never wear a hard top.
not even sure why i still own the darn thing.
i remember a few years back in a deep freeze i froze my eyeballs flyin down 1-25 in like
-15 degree mornings.had to take a nap when i got to work.
good times.

Shaun,
Your still around. Happy Holidays Dude. As you get older you will realize that riding without the top increases the shrinkage as the additional winters add on. Just ask Crash :D

Red_Chili
12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Seems like you have a choice.
Your top can gain a certain hardness.
Or you can.

RockRunner
12-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm still soft top, but I don't really count with my metal doors, power windows, power door locks, air conditioning, carpet, cloth seats, sunroof, and stuff like that do I?

Put the top on two weeks ago, did not want the truck sitting out in the snow. Doors went on too just to keep it from freezing the windows, that is my biggest worry about the soft top. No garage for the Chameleon :(

Leinie, we do have a little advantage ;) but then again so do they :rolleyes:

RicardoJM
12-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Bumping this up just to say my hard top went back on yesterday. It had been a mild fall and I thought it would go through the winter but it is now too cold for me to be running the soft top. Hopefully it is a short winter:D.

MDH33
12-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm still topless.

I would probably throw the hardtop on, but can't lift it myself. Good thing I have a warm parka and a bus heater. :hill:

Telly
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I took my new 78 40 out while it was snowing on Sunday. It felt like I had the top off...snow was coming right through my janky 1980's installed sun roof. Time to get out the silicon! :hill:

Squishy!
12-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I just put the doors back on my red truck after yesterday driving in 5 degrees... Brrrrrrr.... heaters don't do much at ANY speed...

Red_Chili
12-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Still running a softtop and soft doors...

Of course, that means I am running them in the garage these days... sniff...

Uncle Ben
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Bummer....I broke down and put the top and doors on because it will be cold tomorrow and snowing. So sad to see it all bundled up! :lmao:

:p::D:thumb::thumb::bowdown::zilla:

Fishy
12-18-2012, 03:29 PM
I cracked my window the other day cause the heated seat had my heiney too hot.

If I get a 40 next summer I'll give it a go for the winter and see how tough I am. My money is on "not very" though.

Rezarf
12-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Still topless and doorless here. :hill: