PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

Nay
02-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I joined the forum today...looking to meet some other Toyota owners and hit some trails. I bought a 1995 FZJ80 last Fall to replace a highly modified Jeep XJ that was too small for my family (love the 80!) and overbuilt for what I actually used it for. The 80 has 2.5 OME, 33" trxus MT's, Slee sliders, skids, roof rack, no flares or frilly stuff... :blah: :blah: :blah:

I don't have any major additional plans for the 80. I'd like to fab a tube bumper for the front end to improve clearance and gain major strength without adding any weight (I'd like to do that for the rear, too, but you gotta trim the frame and relocate the crossmember to get any clearance...not a small project for a moderately built rig). Will probably also rework the shock mounts and run some eye to eye Bilsteins so that I can run 34's or 35's on the 2.5" OME, but don't plan to go higher right now as I don't tend to run trails any tougher than Chinamans or your typical Moab trail like Poison Spider.

Hoping to make the April 1st Chinamans run as a warm up for a Moab birthday trip...gotta see how the big pig works in some tight spots and Chinaman's is a perfect trail for that.

Anyway, I'll be lurking around and posting from time to time as well as looking into membership. Looking forward to meeting everybody down the road :cheers:

Nay

Romer
02-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Welcome Nay. Looking forward to meeting you. What part of town do you live in?

wesintl
02-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Welcome.. :wav:

You came to the right spot. Look forward to seeing you at a meeting or on the trail :fing:

Convert
02-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome Nay looking forward to meeting on Chinaman's

bh4rnnr
02-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Great, another 80 in the club :hill: Welcome to the board. Watch out for some people on here, like Uncle Ben :hill: . Look forward to seeing you on the trail, and at the meeting on Wed. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Uncle Ben
02-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Great, another 80 in the club :hill: Welcome to the board. Watch out for some people on here, like Uncle Ben :hill: . Look forward to seeing you on the trail, and at the meeting on Wed. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Perry, He'll be safe as I only run the wimpy butt trails....you know....the one's you can almost do! :p :beer:

CardinalFJ60
02-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I chatted with someone in LoDo a week or so ago with an 80 similar to what you describe?...was that you?

see you out there..

Nay
02-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I chatted with someone in LoDo a week or so ago with an 80 similar to what you describe?...was that you?

see you out there..

Nope...wasn't me...my kids have had me sick as a dog for a month :rolleyes:

I actually live in Monument just inside the county line of groovy El Paso...but we spend our free time in Denver and points West, not COS...

Exciting action pic of yet another white 80 :hill: :

http://image57.webshots.com/57/1/48/87/2650148870061552973fcTPBX_ph.jpg

Nay

nakman
02-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome, Nay! :cheers: