PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Battery Maker Moves Operations To Mexico

treerootCO
12-05-2008, 07:42 AM
http://cbs4denver.com/business/Optima.Batteries.aurora.2.874937.html

Who knows if Johnson Controls is still in the US

Red_Chili
12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
More will do it - especially if corporate taxes are increased. Yech.

Groucho
12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Does that mean that we won't have an opportunities to purchase blems?

Romer
12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
where were they located and do they sell the Blems there, My second battery is getting long in the tooth

I didn't even know that was local. Sad to lose business out of the country

Uncle Ben
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
where were they located and do they sell the Blems there, My second battery is getting long in the tooth

I didn't even know that was local. Sad to lose business out of the country

Go Deka and don't look back!

Romer
12-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Go Deka and don't look back!

Do you use the Deka Marine or automotive lead battery? Which one?

Jacket
12-05-2008, 02:04 PM

I called them about a year ago and asked about blemishes, and the person I spoke to acted like I was crazy or something. Either they stopped doing it, or I talked to the wrong guy....

Just another reason to not buy Optima. Odyssey, Deka and Sears Platinum (rebadged Odyssey) seem like the top choices these days.

Red_Chili
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Great, I gotta remake my battery carrier to fit another shape to hold the batts under the rear deck... :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Uncle Ben
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Great, I gotta remake my battery carrier to fit another shape to hold the batts under the rear deck... :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Dekas will fit the same as the Optima. (even upside down!)

LARGEONE
12-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I just fit the largest Die Hard Platinum (Odyssey) in my 80 last week. Several people on MUD confirmed that it is truly the Odyssey relabled. Had to trim (ever-so-slightly) the tray, but it's the largest battery Sears sells. I think it was on sale for just over $200. Not sure if it comes with reversed posts, which would have made for an easier install, but it's a strong battery.

Red_Chili
12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Dekas will fit the same as the Optima. (even upside down!)
Schweet. Mods are fun. Modding mods, less so.

Crash
12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Do you use the Deka Marine or automotive lead battery? Which one?

DEKA AGM. Hensley Battery by Mile High stadium is the regional distributor. Marine isn't necessary.

cbmontgo
12-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Does that mean that we won't have an opportunities to purchase blems?

Sure...if they're made in Mexico, they will all be blems!

Groucho
12-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Sure...if they're made in Mexico, they will all be blems!

True dat!

It is sad that it seems like we need Mexico to compare our quality to anymore. We used to make domestic tools and parts and cars that lasted. Now we make ourselves sleep at night by trying to convince ourselves that we still can make superior products, while figuring out a way to get rich without doing so. If we build superior products, repeat business will not be a much, therefore shrinking our bank roll. If we build something that breaks easily, customers will again have a need, and then our bank roll gets fatter.

cbmontgo
12-06-2008, 05:50 PM
True dat!

It is sad that it seems like we need Mexico to compare our quality to anymore. We used to make domestic tools and parts and cars that lasted. Now we make ourselves sleep at night by trying to convince ourselves that we still can make superior products, while figuring out a way to get rich without doing so. If we build superior products, repeat business will not be a much, therefore shrinking our bank roll. If we build something that breaks easily, customers will again have a need, and then our bank roll gets fatter.

Yep. It is a shame.