PDA

View Full Version : Door Window Weatherstripping

AZCACTUS
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I am currently installing all new weatherstripping on my 8/73 FJ-40. I finnished the door-jams and moved on to the wing-window and the window stipping. I may have jumped the gun on installing the door-jams first. I cant figure how to get to the roll-up window weatherstip that clips in at the bottom of the window frame that cleans dirt off as you roll the window down. Do I remove the window frame? Do I need to remove my new door jam stripping to do this? I am spending my summers in Gunnison/Taylor Park starting next summer and preparing for cooler weather. Any help will be appreciated. Jeff West

nuclearlemon
12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
once you pull the window, you can catch them with a hook to pull the old ones out. the squeeze in allowing them to fit through the holes. then just press them back in.

AZCACTUS
12-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Thank for replying! That answers one question. My biggest confusion right now is what do you have to do to be able to pull the window out. Does the window frame separate from the door itself? Aso this is a 73' FJ-40 that has a bug-wing window. The reason I need to know is because I am installing a door weatherstip kit from SOR that includes all window felt and window weather strip also. The bottom of the window frame has a metal strip running horizontal with clips that hold the strip to the frame so that when you roll the window down, dirt is cleaned off the window. Aso at the bottom of the window frame is a rubber piece that goes on the outside of the bottom of the window frame. I cant install either of these parts with the window in. I am assuming that the window frame comes off some how. I dont want to remove the wrong bolts on the inside of the door. Thanks again for responding NuclearMelon. When I get to Taylor Park in May ( weather permitting) I plan on coming to a meeting in Denver and hopefully be able to join this fine club. Jeff West:)

MDH33
12-08-2008, 07:53 AM
...NuclearMelon....

:eek: :lmao: :bolt:

AZCACTUS
12-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Did I say Melon instead of Lemon? Both are fruit and have the same letters in them. l must be diklexik

Uncle Ben
12-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Did I say Melon instead of Lemon? Both are fruit and have the same letters in them. l must be diklexik

If the fruit fits! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: :bolt:

AZCACTUS
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
bump

farnhamstj
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
remove the interior of the door. There are 2 10mm bolts holding the glass in place at the bottom. You may have to crank the window partway up to reach them. Lift the glass out the top or lower it down to pop out the chrome/felt parts. At least on a '78. Not entirely sure about the older stuff.

Melon.... that's funny stuff.

AZCACTUS
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
remove the interior of the door. There are 2 10mm bolts holding the glass in place at the bottom. You may have to crank the window partway up to reach them. Lift the glass out the top or lower it down to pop out the chrome/felt parts. At least on a '78. Not entirely sure about the older stuff.

Melon.... that's funny stuff.Thanks Farnhamstj! I'll try that in the morning!