PDA

View Full Version : jeeps and yotas

Red_Chili
12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Drop a 40 body on it, and you got a Toyota! (as much as many, anyway...)

Uncle Ben
12-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Drop a 40 body on it, and you got a Toyota! (as much as many, anyway...)

Title is on the frame...not the body! A 40 body on a Jeep frame would be a Jeep. Scary part is a Jeep body on a 40 frame would be a.....I can't say it..... :o

nuclearlemon
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
maybe if you put a mini truck body on it, but my v8 40 still has a a cruiser frame which is a hell of a lot more stout than a jeep. and driveshafts...no comparison there. jeep parts might be closer to you rig than mine, bill.

btw kev...there's a dude back east that put a modified cj7 body on a cruiser frame. said he got the best of both worlds..a stout drivetrain and readily available body parts.

Red_Chili
12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
jeep parts might be closer to you rig than mine, bill.
Unfamiliarity with 4Runner frames is to be expected, I suppose.

I was referencing many of the built rigs that show up at CM sporting an FJ grille and steering wheel and little else.

Uncle Ben
12-10-2008, 12:03 PM
maybe if you put a mini truck body on it, but my v8 40 still has a a cruiser frame which is a hell of a lot more stout than a jeep. and driveshafts...no comparison there. jeep parts might be closer to you rig than mine, bill.

btw kev...there's a dude back east that put a modified cj7 body on a cruiser frame. said he got the best of both worlds..a stout drivetrain and readily available body parts.

I've seen lotsa rigs with car bodies on 4wd chassis but that doesn't mean it's a good thing! :eek: :brick:

Uncle Ben
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Unfamiliarity with 4Runner frames is to be expected, I suppose.

I was referencing many of the built rigs that show up at CM sporting an FJ grille and steering wheel and little else.

But they have the soul of a Cruiser and the recognition of DOT. Ever notice a tubed and linked Cruiser is still a Cruiser but a tubed and linked mini-truck becomes a Truggy?

Red_Chili
12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
A rose by any other name would smell as schweeet.

Uncle Ben
12-10-2008, 12:26 PM
A rose by any other name would smell as schweeet.

You can polish a turd as much as you want but it's still a turd! :rolleyes:

Red_Chili
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Nevertheless, I don't find a cruiser to be stinky. So go ahead and polish!

:lol: :tongue2: :bolt:

timmbuck2
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Mythbusters proved you *can* polish a turd...

"Dorodango"

T