PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Run 2009

bh4rnnr
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Outlaws Run 2009: Hole in the Wall

Route: I plan to take the group from Browns Park in north eastern Utah to Hole in the Wall in central Wyoming. Two great hideoutes by the Wild Bunch.

Duration: the trip will be October 19th-25th.

Terrain: Easy to moderate.

Plan on bringing lots of Food, fuel and gear needed for an extended stay away from civilization.

CB channel 4, Ham: 146.460.

Link (http://http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=8296)of trip report from the 2008 Outlaws run

:beer::beer:

Convert
12-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I am planning on going this year :thumb:

MDH33
12-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm in again too, Perry. :guapo:

Inukshuk
12-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Chilly nights! Lets make sure we can have campfires. Naturally, I'm in. Better start to stockpile the $1.49 gas!

bh4rnnr
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Chilly nights! Lets make sure we can have campfires. Naturally, I'm in. Better start to stockpile the $1.49 gas!

Route looks to be all on BLM land:)

cruiseroutfit
12-15-2008, 09:29 PM
In!

Inukshuk
12-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I just blocked out the 7th to 14th. This far in advance I should be able to manage life enough to take a week off!

bh4rnnr
01-25-2009, 02:03 PM
So it looks like there is going to be a possible date change to the Outlaws Run this year. I was told by Wyatt (over at EU.com) that November is a bit unpredictable in terms of weather and trail conditions, plus a few sites that I wanted to visit may not be open. After looking at the weather I was thinking of moving the trip to the third week in October.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

MDH33
01-25-2009, 03:02 PM
So it looks like there is going to be a possible date change to the Outlaws Run this year. I was told by Wyatt (over at EU.com) that November is a bit unpredictable in terms of weather and trail conditions, plus a few sites that I wanted to visit may not be open. After looking at the weather I was thinking of moving the trip to the third week in October.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

Works fine for me. :thumb:

Convert
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
still in :thumb:

RockRunner
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I may be in depending on work etc. How much high speed driving would there be? I could put on the 35's to gain some more speed if I don't need the 37's.

MDH33
01-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I may be in depending on work etc. How much high speed driving would there be? I could put on the 35's to gain some more speed if I don't need the 37's.

Since I'll be driving my 40 most likely, high speeds are out of the equation. :o :hill:

bh4rnnr
01-26-2009, 06:17 PM

It's hard to say how much high speed will be involved as I dont know the trails other that reading. But I guess giving the nature of the group, there might be some:). Martin did a good job hanging with the group last year, so I doubt you'd have any issues. With a few more days for exploration, we will have less of a reason to rush the trip, plus were almost at 10 vehicles for the trip, so naturaly will be a little slower.

I'll put you on the list, and look forward to having ya along:beer:.

RockRunner
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks Perry, not to worried about falling behind but like to keep up. I put the time off in the calendar but as always things change. Hopefully it will all work out.

bh4rnnr
05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Edited first post:beer:

MDH33
05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Outlaws Run 2009: Hole in the Wall

Route: I plan to take the group from Browns Park in north eastern Utah to Hole in the Wall in central Utah. Two great hideoutes by the Wild Bunch.

Duration: the trip will be October 19th-25th.

Terrain: Easy to moderate.

Plan on bringing lots of Food, fuel and gear needed for an extended stay away from civilization.

CB channel 4, Ham: 146.60.

Link (http://http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=8296)of trip report from the 2008 Outlaws run

Shouldn't it be "Central Wyoming" ?? And Ham 146.460. ;)

bh4rnnr
05-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Shouldn't it be "Central Wyoming" ?? And Ham 146.460. ;)

Hmm, toshay:bowdown:

Yes; Central Wyoming and 146.460 ( <------I'm new to this thing)

rover67
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I just blocked this off.

Looking forward to it.

Inukshuk
05-15-2009, 12:44 AM
I'll hope to do a whole week!

DaveInDenver
05-15-2009, 06:54 AM
So many things to do, so little time off. This would be a fun one but can't do a whole week.

We've done BLM roads from Vernal up to about Rock Springs, but it's gets less pretty after Green River, WY unless you like drilling rigs and cattle. But after the Flaming Gorge, flatness is tough to take. Also very hot, this was in August and before we had A/C in the truck... So we turned east and headed up into the Snowy Range for a couple of days of relief before heading back to Denver rather than push through up to Pinedale.

So that part of the trip, from I-80 and 191 up to Kaycee would be cool, so maybe we'll meet you for the couple of days at the end of the trip. Plus I need to get up to Lander, I promised a friend we'd come up and visit.

Jethro
05-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Perry,
Please put me on the list. It is time fulfill the dream.

bh4rnnr
05-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Perry,
Please put me on the list. It is time fulfill the dream.

Done!

It's looking to be a good year:cool::beer::beer:

MDH33
05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Perry, I posted this in the ExpUtah thread too.

I have been doing some reading and found a couple of sites that might be of use for the trip:

BLM page (http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Buffalo/recreation/holeinwall.html) with directions, trail description and a map

There's also a guest ranch that borders the Hole in the Wall area that might be a cool stopping point to camp, get some food, maybe rent some horses... Might be worth calling them and telling them about our planned route following the Outlaw trail and see what they recommend. The site says their season is May 31-Nov 1.

Ranch near HoleintheWall (http://www.willowcreekranch.com/index.html)

bh4rnnr
05-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey Perry, I posted this in the ExpUtah thread too.

I have been doing some reading and found a couple of sites that might be of use for the trip:

BLM page (http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Buffalo/recreation/holeinwall.html) with directions, trail description and a map

There's also a guest ranch that borders the Hole in the Wall area that might be a cool stopping point to camp, get some food, maybe rent some horses... Might be worth calling them and telling them about our planned route following the Outlaw trail and see what they recommend. The site says their season is May 31-Nov 1.

Ranch near HoleintheWall (http://www.willowcreekranch.com/index.html)

Cool, thanks for the links Martin will Check them out this weekend.

Thats a fun thought on the Horses....

MDH33
05-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Cool, thanks for the links Martin will Check them out this weekend.

Thats a fun thought on the Horses....

Yeah, I was thinking that if you explain to the ranch the trip plans and about how a couple of magazine articles might come of it, they might be willing to work with the group on something (like a guide and horses to visit the Holeinthewall) to gain some exposure. This trip could make for a great Toyota Trails or Overland Journal article. Just a thought.

jacdaw
07-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Is there still room on the roster? I'd like to be included in this adventure. I expect to have no mods done to my truck before then, but I'm hoping to be all recovered from my kidney transplant by then, so no need for pesky dialysis appointments messing up my wheeling plans anymore.

I'll be on 32" ATs and have open diffs. I've got good strap anchors front an rear and am not too proud to take the easier lines.

bh4rnnr
07-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Is there still room on the roster? I'd like to be included in this adventure. I expect to have no mods done to my truck before then, but I'm hoping to be all recovered from my kidney transplant by then, so no need for pesky dialysis appointments messing up my wheeling plans anymore.

I'll be on 32" ATs and have open diffs. I've got good strap anchors front an rear and am not too proud to take the easier lines.

Hey John,

were at about 14 vehicles for this trip so far and i'm cutting things off, due to the fact that I dont know the area and i'm wanting to make sure the terrain can handle our group. I'll put you on the tentative list, as i'm sure there might be a few folks dropping out before trip date.

jacdaw
07-06-2009, 12:30 AM
That's why I asked. Thanks for wait listing me!

Caribou Sandstorm
07-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I am confused..Are you going to WY or Hole in the Rock? Aren't we doing a joint club run to Hole in the Rock this fall also? Oops...Hole in the wall, rock..its all good..haha.. What a Newb I am sometimes...

Convert
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Perry
I am going to have to bail I drew elk tags that I didnt expect to get

bh4rnnr
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Perry
I am going to have to bail I drew elk tags that I didnt expect to get

Shucks, was looking to hang out in the desert with ya again, next time I gues:beer:

You better share some of that meat!:bowdown:

MDH33
07-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Perry, any word on a pre-run yet?

bh4rnnr
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey Perry, any word on a pre-run yet?

Yep, it's been schedualed since early spring. Wyatt (from EU) and hopefully KC will be joining me so we can connect the dots between Rock Springs and Hole in the Wall. The dates are September 18-20, looks like we could be covering about 300 miles in about 3days, yeah, it should be a fun one:cool:

MDH33
08-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Some pics I found of sites we'll see along the route this year as we follow the Outlaw Trail. From what I know of Perry's plan, we'll be traveling from Brown's Park Utah up past the Flaming Gorge, through the Red Desert, Past Ghost towns, geological formations and finally ending at the Outlaw Cave and the Hole In The Wall near Kaycee, Wyoming. Hope some more Rising Sun folks can make the trip, should be a good one.

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912929_VbWpe-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912239_rvabJ-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912456_hCW9j-O.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912586_nLGs2-L.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912195_8yxTE-O.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629913177_8D7d8-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629913206_jJYXz-O.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912145_A2CUc-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629913059_5eFSN-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912351_agits-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/629912442_jdDRU-M.jpg

bh4rnnr
08-25-2009, 06:11 PM
About the gist of it:thumb:, though I cant remember how close we get to Flaming Gorge, will have to look at that section of maps again.

Oh yeah, there will be the swinging bridge, Diamond Mountain and if we choose; the Gates of Ladore.

Inukshuk
08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Whoa.

MDH33
08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
About the gist of it:thumb:, though I cant remember how close we get to Flaming Gorge, will have to look at that section of maps again.

Oh yeah, there will be the swinging bridge, Diamond Mountain and if we choose; the Gates of Ladore.

So, you're thinking of starting in Brown's Park Utah, then backtracking into Colorado North of Dinosaur before heading north into Wyoming? Why not start in Dinosaur, go to Brown's Park, then Flaming Gorge, then towards Rock Springs, Killpecker, Red Desert, etc.? Just a thought. Also, where exactly are Diamond Mountain and Swinging Bridge? I need to get a better map. :)

jacdaw
08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
<snip>Hope some more Rising Sun folks can make the trip, should be a good one. I thought the run was full.:confused: I still want to go if there's room. The Red Desert is among my favorite places and I prefer group exploring to rock crawling.

bh4rnnr
08-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I thought the run was full.:confused: I still want to go if there's room. The Red Desert is among my favorite places and I prefer group exploring to rock crawling.

John, I was going to talk to you begining of next week, as it looks like we have some canclations. Just want to make sure everybody gets there word in before I put my foot down:eek::cheers:

jacdaw
08-26-2009, 07:24 PM
John, I was going to talk to you begining of next week, as it looks like we have some cancellations. Just want to make sure everybody gets there word in before I put my foot down:eek::cheers:Doh! How's the saying go? "Patience, Grasshopper..."

bh4rnnr
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Doh! How's the saying go? "Patience, Grasshopper..."

Yeah, think I need to learn that one more:rolleyes:

MDH33
09-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey Perry,
I've been doing some research and found a blurb about an area around South Pass City that might make for a good camp, day-hiking stop. Do you have any more specific destinations along the route? It would be helpful to "connect the dots". :)

Honeycomb Buttes

Location and Access

These areas lie adjacent to the Oregon Buttes and The Big Empty study areas, separated only by dirt roads. The Honeycomb Buttes is the center point for the Red Desert wilderness area, with the Harris Slough adjoining the north end, both lying 12 miles south of South Pass City. Harris Slough is located directly northeast of the Honeycomb Buttes WSA and 2 miles southwest of the Sweetwater Canyon WSA. The northeast corner of the area abuts part of the Nature Conservancy's Sweetwater River Preserve along Buffalo Gulch.

Access to the Honeycomb Buttes is from the "Lander Road" on the northeast side or several jeep trails in the south. The Harris Slough area is easily accessed via the Buffalo Gulch Road in the Antelope Hills from the northwest or several jeep roads in the southern portion.

Highlights

The spectacular Honeycomb Buttes is a vast maze of rainbow‑colored badlands surrounding Continental Peak. The BLM considers this area "one of the best examples of multi-colored badlands topography in Wyoming". Eroded soils from the Green River Formation have been carved into grottos, caves, and twisted passages making a landscape like no other on Earth. Flats of greasewood and sagebrush, and bare areas of sheet erosion form the outwashes of the badlands.

The Honeycombs' breathtaking scenery and great remoteness give visitors an adventure that is wild beyond imagination. Those who explore the badlands can scramble over the eroded hills of the Harris Slough area, squirm through mud caves and tubes, and gaze out over the Great Divide Basin from atop Continental Peak‑‑elevation 8,431 feet in the Honeycomb Buttes.

Fossilized alligator bones and turtle shells, agates, petrified wood, and translucent lenses of gypsum are scattered over the hills as if strewn by the hand of the Creator.

bh4rnnr
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey Perry,
I've been doing some research and found a blurb about an area around South Pass City that might make for a good camp, day-hiking stop. Do you have any more specific destinations along the route? It would be helpful to "connect the dots". :)

Honeycomb Buttes

Location and Access

These areas lie adjacent to the Oregon Buttes and The Big Empty study areas, separated only by dirt roads. The Honeycomb Buttes is the center point for the Red Desert wilderness area, with the Harris Slough adjoining the north end, both lying 12 miles south of South Pass City. Harris Slough is located directly northeast of the Honeycomb Buttes WSA and 2 miles southwest of the Sweetwater Canyon WSA. The northeast corner of the area abuts part of the Nature Conservancy's Sweetwater River Preserve along Buffalo Gulch.

Access to the Honeycomb Buttes is from the "Lander Road" on the northeast side or several jeep trails in the south. The Harris Slough area is easily accessed via the Buffalo Gulch Road in the Antelope Hills from the northwest or several jeep roads in the southern portion.

Highlights

The spectacular Honeycomb Buttes is a vast maze of rainbow‑colored badlands surrounding Continental Peak. The BLM considers this area "one of the best examples of multi-colored badlands topography in Wyoming". Eroded soils from the Green River Formation have been carved into grottos, caves, and twisted passages making a landscape like no other on Earth. Flats of greasewood and sagebrush, and bare areas of sheet erosion form the outwashes of the badlands.

The Honeycombs' breathtaking scenery and great remoteness give visitors an adventure that is wild beyond imagination. Those who explore the badlands can scramble over the eroded hills of the Harris Slough area, squirm through mud caves and tubes, and gaze out over the Great Divide Basin from atop Continental Peak‑‑elevation 8,431 feet in the Honeycomb Buttes.

Fossilized alligator bones and turtle shells, agates, petrified wood, and translucent lenses of gypsum are scattered over the hills as if strewn by the hand of the Creator.

Martin, thanks for this info:cool::thumb:

I have some basic destinations that i've taken from Pass Patrols volume 5 book. To be honest though, and since we have more time during the trip, i'm pretty open to whatever. This is new country, lets see as much of it as we can before we all have to go back to work:cool:

Maybe I should just let you guys lead...

Inukshuk
09-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Martin, thanks for this info:cool::thumb:
I have some basic destinations that i've taken from Pass Patrols volume 5 book. To be honest though, and since we have more time during the trip, i'm pretty open to whatever. This is new country, lets see as much of it as we can before we all have to go back to work:cool:
Maybe I should just let you guys lead...

I have always collaborated with Perry on the Outlaws routes (though usually the deviations from his planning have been minor) and so I think we can safely say this input is great!

Honeycomb Buttes and South Pass City have always been in the itinerary. See the GPS coordinates I posted on the confirmation thread. They are from the Pass Patrol Book (you can buy at www.outbackusa.com - I just did) and is the backbone of our trip. So, we start with a rough plan and then go on an adventure! Your research is great!

Perry still "leads" - so we can blame him if we get "lost" and credit him with the cool finds. I'll have my GPS and laptop with mapping software.

MDH33
09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
excellent. :D

I don't have a gps or a good map, so the waypoints don't do me much good.:hill:

MDH33
09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
They are from the Pass Patrol Book (you can buy at www.outbackusa.com - I just did) and is the backbone of our trip. So, we start with a rough plan and then go on an adventure!

Good tip, thanks. I was looking for them at the library, but they didn't have Vol. 5. They are 50% off at outbackusa right now. :thumb:

Inukshuk
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't have a gps or a good map, so the waypoints don't do me much good.:hill:

Identify cool stuff and I'll get us there! From what I can tell its a spider's web of dirt roads out there so we'll probably be getting good and lost many times.

bh4rnnr
09-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Starting point for this years run. I've been thinking more about where to start/meet for this years Outlaws Run.

Two thoughts I had were: Rangely Colorado or the Visitor center at Dinosaur National Monument. Looking at some maps, after visiting Gates of Ladore, it looks like we might be able to take dirt roads into Utah/ Diamond Mountain.

MDH33
09-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Starting point for this years run. I've been thinking more about where to start/meet for this years Outlaws Run.

Two thoughts I had were: Rangely Colorado or the Visitor center at Dinosaur National Monument. Looking at some maps, after visiting Gates of Ladore, it looks like we might be able to take dirt roads into Utah/ Diamond Mountain.

I think starting from Dinosaur NP would be a great plan. :thumb:

jacdaw
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I think starting from Dinosaur NP would be a great plan. :thumb:I think so too, considering the pre-run-lazy-DNP-campout-all-weekend plan.
:thumb:

bh4rnnr
09-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Alright, then lets plan on meeting at the visiter center at Dinosaur National Monument on Monday October 19th at 9:30am.

I'll post up a link tonight for the visiter centers info and there rules on bringing dogs into the monument.

bh4rnnr
09-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Here is a link to Dinosaur National Monument (http://www.nps.gov/dino/index.htm)

and here (http://www.nps.gov/dino/planyourvisit/pets.htm)is some information regarding pets. So far, it looks like this will be the only leg of the trip where pets will be an issue.

jacdaw
09-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Martin, which campground are you planning o stay in?

MDH33
09-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Martin, which campground are you planning o stay in?

I've never been up there before, so I was just going to wing it. I would probably opt to disperse camp *free* since there is a lot of BLM land out there. But if the camping in the NP looked good, I might opt for that too.

jacdaw
09-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I've never been up there before, so I was just going to wing it. I would probably opt to disperse camp *free* since there is a lot of BLM land out there. But if the camping in the NP looked good, I might opt for that too.Looks like when they shut the water off for the season (Sept), every site is free and single sites are FCFS - no reservations required. I have never paid for a camp site in my life and wasn't planning to start on this trip, but camping in a group and sharing a meal or two would be good. The park is a lot bigger than I thought it was and the interactive online map is hard to read on my little netbook. I'm gonna need a paper map!:D

Inukshuk
09-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I just bought the WY Atlas today and a guide book. Not too much info anywhere on where we are going - and that is good! One book said that one of the areas we plan to visit gets 25 - yes 25 - visitor days a year! Dunes look to be awesome. Can we camp there one night?

MDH33
09-19-2009, 07:48 PM
I just bought the WY Atlas today and a guide book. Not too much info anywhere on where we are going - and that is good! One book said that one of the areas we plan to visit gets 25 - yes 25 - visitor days a year! Dunes look to be awesome. Can we camp there one night?

Yes! we have to go through the dunes!

http://www.wyominglandscapephotography.com/images/photos/killpecker_sand_dunes.jpg

jacdaw
09-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Dunes look to be awesome. Can we camp there one night?
Yes, please!

Jethro
09-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Alright, then lets plan on meeting at the visiter center at Dinosaur National Monument on Monday October 19th at 9:30am.

I'll post up a link tonight for the visiter centers info and there rules on bringing dogs into the monument.

Perry,
Looks to me like there are 3 visitors centers (one is closed). :confused:
With that many options you can pretty much bet I'll be at the wrong one.

Inukshuk
09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Perry,
Looks to me like there are 3 visitors centers (one is closed). :confused:
With that many options you can pretty much bet I'll be at the wrong one.

We'll come up with some GPS coordinates!

I'm thinking a pre-trip gathering in the next week or next weekend would be a good time. Its good to have some features as goals. I'm sure we'll deviate from the goals a lot, but we already know we want to start and end at the Outlaws hideouts. Along the way we'll wonder what it will have been like for the Outlaws to travel these routes with rustled cattle and Lawmen on their heels.

We are really embarking on a great adventure. I have highlighted the Outlaws Trail route in the WY Atlas, but from experience with Colorado and Utah Atlases, I know some roads won't be there, some will, and others not mapped will be.

Perry - we also should visit the USGS map store in Lakewood, get some BLM maps (at $10 each we can't get them all) and get the travel regulations.

It will also be good to share responsibilities and equipment as best we can. We don't all need to bring everything. For example, its always a pain for me to figure out where to stow my hi-lift. And with all of us together, I probably can leave mine at home. Do we all need our own stoves? Does everyone have a HAM radio? Do we all need to bring rain tarps? Do we all need to bring a full oil change? How many 80 birfields will we need?

bh4rnnr
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah, i'd totaly be game for camping in the dunes, they look really:cool: And 25 visitors per year? Awesome!

Bruce, the visitor center I was thinking about was located of Highway 40, close to the Utah/Colorado line and close to the town of Dinosaur. It's labled as the HQ/Visitor Center on the Benchmark Maps.

Daniel, I agree with a pre-trip get together. Good to talk over everthing, plus there is a chanc that Kurt might not make it till Tuesday. So we need to have at least a basic game plan till that day. As for the rest of the week, i'm open and am glad you guys are excited about the run. It is going to be a great adventure:cool: What about getting together sunday? I can run down and reserve some space at the Wynkoop if that works for everybody??

Daniel, my schedual is open until Saturday and the 40's only run.

I also like this idea of sharing responsibilities. Be a good thing to talk about over some:beer: before the run;)

But yeah, i'm really excited for this years run.

Check list:

Kooziez on order: Check (200 for a buck aint a bad deal!)
Posters Printed: Work on those next week
Maint and Upgrades to the 4runner: Proffitt's are working on it:cool:
Black Butte Mine Company: Waiting for them to call back, word has it they have a overland stage stop on there property. Location: Point Rocks, Wyoming.
Ranch near Hole in the Wall; still waiting. Going to call here soon.
And lastly, trying to convince Wynkoop that we need beer to fill those Koozies, since they are now canning there :beer:

Will see what progress I make this week.....

jacdaw
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm available next Sunday for pre-run planning/drinking.;):beer:
Sharing the load of common supplies is a great idea. The less we have to carry individually, the more fun we will all have. I'll be making a mental list over this week of what I can contribute.

Inukshuk
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Black Butte Mine Company: Waiting for them to call back, word has it they have a overland stage stop on there property. Location: Point Rocks, Wyoming.

"Point of Rocks is a census-designated place (CDP) in Sweetwater County, Wyoming, United States. As of the 2000 census, the CDP had a total population of three." Three!

I'm available Sunday. A big table in one of the Wynkoop side rooms would be good.

jacdaw
09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm available Sunday. A big table in one of the Wynkoop side rooms would be good.I'm not exactly a metrophobe, but I don't frequent LODO much, what's parking like? Can we make it day time so I can bring the motorpickle? It's got Lucas electrics and I don't like to use the headlight.:eek:

MDH33
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm not exactly a metrophobe, but I don't frequent LODO much, what's parking like? Can we make it day time so I can bring the motorpickle? It's got Lucas electrics and I don't like to use the headlight.:eek:

Parking is usually pretty easy. There are 2 hour metered spots all over.

Inukshuk
09-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Parking is usually pretty easy. There are 2 hour metered spots all over.

There is a 1:10 Rockies Home game. Broncos are in Oakland (2:15 MST Kickoff) - Crush the Raiders! So, we should stay away from a sports bar for geeky map talk.

Meters are still usually easy during home games because they are not long enough to park at a meter for a game. My Brother's Bar is another option with better parking and walkable for Perry.
If we met at the REI Starbucks we could get a table, park easy and Perry can still walk over.

How about 2PM so we don't fight game traffic?

bh4rnnr
09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
There is a 1:10 Rockies Home game. Broncos are in Oakland (2:15 MST Kickoff) - Crush the Raiders! So, we should stay away from a sports bar for geeky map talk.

Meters are still usually easy during home games because they are not long enough to park at a meter for a game. My Brother's Bar is another option with better parking and walkable for Perry.
If we met at the REI Starbucks we could get a table, park easy and Perry can still walk over.

Yeah, I dont feel like dealing with crazy sports fans, those locations works for me.

And 2pm is good

jacdaw
09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Is this the REI mega store downtown?

Inukshuk
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Is this the REI mega store downtown?

yes, but on the edge

bh4rnnr
09-24-2009, 08:01 PM

So what works for everybody? Starbucks @ REI mega store in Down Town or My Brothers Bar?

Either is not far for me, but just want to get others on board:cheers:

jacdaw
09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I know I can find the starbucks at REI, never been to My Bro's Bar. Maybe if *someone* were to post the latlong?:lmao:

Inukshuk
09-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Straight from the REI website:

* 39░ 45.383' N
* 105░ 00.55' W
* WGS84

2:00 PM in the Starbucks. Bring your maps!

jacdaw
09-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Straight from the REI website:

* 39░ 45.383' N
* 105░ 00.55' W
* WGS84

2:00 PM in the Starbucks. Bring your maps!

Took less time to get here than I thought. I have failed at securing a table with shade but I have assumed my vulture posture. Look for the guy in the orange hoodie and black leather vest.
Edit: shade and four chairs secured.

MDH33
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Two weeks from now I'll be camped somewhere one day from the departure of the Outlaw Run. :cool: :beer:

bh4rnnr
10-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Two weeks from now I'll be camped somewhere one day from the departure of the Outlaw Run. :cool: :beer:

:clap::woot::headbang::camping::robbie::drink::beer2:

jacdaw
10-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Two weeks from now I'll be camped somewhere one day from the departure of the Outlaw Run.Let the countdown begin!
:zilla::camping::photo::campfire:

bh4rnnr
10-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Cant remember if I made this note or not:

It'll be hunting season when were out lost in Wyoming. Best to play things safe; during the run, dont wear furry jackets with targets on them, nor antlers. And it might be a good call to put those jeans with wite bottoms away till spring...

jacdaw
10-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Don't worry Perry, I'll be packing serious heat and I'll get yer back.
:rolleyes:
I'll be sure to bring my dayglo orange gear.

billb596
10-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Hi my name is Bill Baker and I am the president of Book Cliff Cruisers here in Grand Junction. We are planning a trip to the Moab area on the 24 - 25 of Oct. Sounds like you will be at a different hole in the rock area. But wanted to wish you a great trip.

I am interested to see how your run go as I think this would be a great run for our club, Let me know what you think.

Bill Baker
Book Cliff Cruisers.

MDH33
10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi my name is Bill Baker and I am the president of Book Cliff Cruisers here in Grand Junction. We are planning a trip to the Moab area on the 24 - 25 of Oct. Sounds like you will be at a different hole in the rock area. But wanted to wish you a great trip.

I am interested to see how your run go as I think this would be a great run for our club, Let me know what you think.

Bill Baker
Book Cliff Cruisers.

Hi Bill, Martin here. We met in Ridgeway this summer. I'm the FS Ranger who was driving the red FJ60. Glad to see you found the Rising Sun site. :thumb: Have a great trip to Moab and we'll definitely post a trip report for the Outlaw Run. It would be great if our clubs could do a joint run sometime.

:cheers:

MDH33
10-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Just looked at the extended weather forecast for Rock Springs and Kaycee Wyoming. Looks like sub-freezing temps every night with some snow mixed in. (our :beer: will stay nice and cold) :D

Pack your winter gear, it's going to be an adventure. I'm kicking around the idea of driving the 60 (:snail:) so that I'll have the RTT and plenty of room to haul gear, firewood, etc.

:guapo:

bh4rnnr
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Just looked at the extended weather forecast for Rock Springs and Kaycee Wyoming. Looks like sub-freezing temps every night with some snow mixed in. (our :beer: will stay nice and cold) :D

Pack your winter gear, it's going to be an adventure. I'm kicking around the idea of driving the 60 (:snail:) so that I'll have the RTT and plenty of room to haul gear, firewood, etc.

Time to break out the long undies! Hmm, maybe this will be the one year I dont have to deal (much) with ice:rolleyes:

Jethro
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Something has come up that I have to deal with that week, so it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that I will not be able to make the Outlaw's run this year.

bh4rnnr
10-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Something has come up that I have to deal with that week, so it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that I will not be able to make the Outlaw's run this year.

Aww bummer man:(, let us know if there is anything we can do.

Was looking forward to speding some more time with ya around the campfire (And on the trail).

Inukshuk
10-08-2009, 11:42 PM

:(

bh4rnnr
10-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Current conditions for Kaycee:

19F and Overcast, with a 12F windchill. 5MPH wind from the nnw. :eek:

:cool::beer::beer:

MDH33
10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
4 days to prepare!! Still don't know if I'm bringing the 40 or the 60. :eek: :D :beer::beer::beer:r

bh4rnnr
10-13-2009, 08:31 PM
4 days to prepare!! Still don't know if I'm bringing the 40 or the 60. :eek: :D :beer::beer::beer:r

Yep, lots to do! So looking forward to getting away. The cool thing is, i'll be starting the trip in Delta, the site of a bank hold up by the Wild Bunch in 1892(And we must not forget Proffitts:bowdown:):cool:. Yes sir, i'm supper pumped for this trip, so much so that i'm already looking at routes for next years run:eek:

bruiser6082
10-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Take the 60 so mine has a friend. Plus more room to sleep in if needed.

jacdaw
10-16-2009, 04:05 PM
íPaso seguro, mis amigos!

MDH33
10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
íPaso seguro, mis amigos!

Still time for you to change your mind John. I'm not leaving until Sunday (if I get my work projects done) and a few of the Utah guys are meeting us Wednesday up near South Pass City. :thumb::guapo:

jacdaw
10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
dialysis is tu, th, sa, so I'm contemplating trying to meet up Sunday at The Gates, and come home Monday. A taste is better than none. I'll yell on the radio if that plan works out. Alas, it's not my mind that needs changing. :( Maybe I should put a post in the for sale/wanted section asking for a type A or O kidney ;)

Mendocino
10-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I am so envious of you guys and this trip.:) Have a great time, I really wish I could come.

Inukshuk
10-16-2009, 08:25 PM
dialysis is tu, th, sa, so I'm contemplating trying to meet up Sunday at The Gates, and come home Monday. A taste is better than none. I'll yell on the radio if that plan works out. Alas, it's not my mind that needs changing. :( Maybe I should put a post in the for sale/wanted section asking for a type A or O kidney ;)

and call. I'll e-mail you the contacts list. I think we'll be at or close to the Gates CG

bh4rnnr
10-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Just about ready to go, see you guys soon:cool:

MDH33
10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Worked my butt off today and I'm almost packed and ready. Just finished changing fluids in the 40 and getting the fridge hooked up. Looks like I'll be able to hit the road early Sunday after all. :thumb:

:beer:

Inukshuk
10-18-2009, 12:05 AM
I just finished work. 11PM on a Saturday! I'll see you in the AM. Outlaws ride again!