PDA

View Full Version : let it snow

nuclearlemon
12-14-2008, 09:54 AM
was gonna hit yankee hill with a few of the guys, but a late start due to a late night, not being able to find my gloves and hats, and crappy roads with people that can't drive meant i would get there way late, so i decided to stay home and enjoy the snow from here!

most of the driveway is shoveled, the walks shoveled, the neighbors walk is shoveled, so it should start snowing again any time;)

RockRunner
12-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Now sit down with a little SoCO and hot cocoa and watch Denver get run over :drink:

waggoner5
12-14-2008, 10:37 AM
3.4 degrees up here. Dang thats cold.

Jacket
12-14-2008, 10:55 AM
was gonna hit yankee hill with a few of the guys, but a late start due to a late night, not being able to find my gloves and hats, and crappy roads with people that can't drive meant i would get there way late, so i decided to stay home and enjoy the snow from here!

most of the driveway is shoveled, the walks shoveled, the neighbors walk is shoveled, so it should start snowing again any time;)

This would not be a good day to go 'wheelin.... Looks like I'm going to do some indoor wiring today.....

MDH33
12-14-2008, 03:25 PM
This would not be a good day to go 'wheelin.... Looks like I'm going to do some indoor wiring today.....

Wrong! ;) It was an Awesome day for wheeling! :D

We waited around 'till 9:30 for Ige and Mike to arrive, but it ended up being just Scott, Jeff (Scott's brother) and Myself making fresh tracks. Although the morning started off cold, it turned out to be sunny and beautiful up there with lots of fresh, dry, light powder to play in. We didn't make it too far up the trails before the snow got too thick and we turned back. It's going to be interesting up there for the Snow and Pizza Run if we get a lot more snow.

:thumb:

JadeRunner
12-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Yea, we missed you guys but I understand. It was a good quick exploratory run. We only made it a little ways past the large middle parking area. The old snow that drifted up in the trees up the hill from there was a killer. We walked up a little further the check the next corner where there are normally big drifts and it looked bad. I don't see many of us making up much further after it drifts up some more. We played around the area some and called it an early day. The first 3 pictures are of me at the end point. I didn't take the time to chain up or winch further.

Convert
12-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Looks like great fun, can't wait to get out there

Uncle Ben
12-14-2008, 07:15 PM
You call that snow? :lmao::lmao::lmao::p: St. FUAW! ;)

JadeRunner
12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Indeed, we only made it a little ways up the hill past the "Poser" parking area. You guys need to get up there ASAP if you want to proceed further. In two weeks it's going to be drifted in pretty bad.

Jacket
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
See - what do I know??? Looks like fun to me - and it was probably warmer up there anyway.

MDH33
12-14-2008, 11:16 PM
You call that snow? :lmao::lmao::lmao::p: St. FUAW! ;)

I mentioned more than once that a couple of 80's with chains would quickly plow a nice path for us all the way up and then we could take turns warming our keisters in the heated leather seats while the the lattes and cappuccinos were prepared. :hill:

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Indeed, we only made it a little ways up the hill past the "Poser" parking area. You guys need to get up there ASAP if you want to proceed further. In two weeks it's going to be drifted in pretty bad.

Ohhhhh.....uwwwwww....now your talking dirty to me....I like it! ;):lmao:

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I mentioned more than once that a couple of 80's with chains would quickly plow a nice path for us all the way up and then we could take turns warming our keisters in the heated leather seats while the the lattes and cappuccinos were prepared. :hill:

If it's crusted, chains hurt you! Barefoot baby! :thumb::thumb:

JadeRunner
12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree chains wouldn't help. It's already crusted from the previous storm. So you should have two layers of crust to contend with in 2 weeks. Good luck with that.

I'll bet you 20 bucks you cant make it to the side playground with the jump.

subzali
12-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Can I be invited to the party to ride along?

MDH33
12-15-2008, 09:53 AM
This is getting good. When is the bet-breaker run happening? I'll be happy to come along and act as witness. :D

Convert
12-15-2008, 10:23 AM

X2 no chains for me, Txrus at 4psi :thumb:

MDH33
12-15-2008, 10:44 AM

I thought I would be good with my LTB's at 5 psi and no chains. Conditions were weird, however. I was losing traction and spinning on the layer below the powder without digging in much. I sure had fun making lots of attempts up the hills though. :hill:

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I thought I would be good with my LTB's at 5 psi and no chains. Conditions were weird, however. I was losing traction and spinning on the layer below the powder without digging in much. I sure had fun making lots of attempts up the hills though. :hill:

Drop more pressure out!

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Drop more air pressure!

MDH33
12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Drop more air pressure!

I'll give 0 psi a try. :thumb:

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I'll give 0 psi a try. :thumb:

If your not running beadlocks I suggest you carry a torch and air pressure! :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM

Hmmmm....I think I'm jealous! I will have to say though these KM2's have earned a couple more brownie points in this last storm.... but I do miss my Trxus in the winter!!!! :doh:

RockRunner
12-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Last year Bill ran 5#s in his GY MTR's and floated on top of everything:eek:. The snow was deep and crusty x2. Once I droped lower we were able to "float" over most of the stuff with no chains.:p:

Can't wait for this year, right pressure to start of with and the wife along side....priceless. :thumb:

nuclearlemon
12-15-2008, 04:40 PM

your tires are too skinny

Convert
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM
LET it SNOW!!! LET it SNOW!!! LET it SNOW!!!

Uncle Ben
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Ouch......:brick: :flipoff:

Convert
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
LET it SNOW!!! LET it SNOW!!! LET it SNOW!!!

It's all good let's go play in the SNOW

JadeRunner
12-15-2008, 10:07 PM
The tires really make the difference. Plus the ability to keep the RPM's up to dig through.

Martin struggled quite a bit. It surprised me with those big 34" meaty trackter tires. But they were cold and stiff so he couldn't roto-till through. Plus he was lighter with his soft top.

My brother and I were surprised to see how well my MTR's did with 30k on them. I'll be getting my MT MTZ's on this week. Look forward to the 3rd.

Ok, I'll post a picture too.