PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 windshield & other stuff

Air Randy
12-14-2008, 07:02 PM
This windshield is off a 1974 FJ40. It is tan and in excellent condition, virtually no rust. The glass is not cracked or pitted. The hinges are also excellent, no rust. $125 obo.

I also have a complete emissions system off of the same vehicle. I have the air rail, air pump and bracket, the VSV valve, the emissions control unit from under the dash. If anyone wants it they can have it or I'm going to pitch it.

I also have 3 15x8 aluminum wheels, real nice shape other than rock rash on the outer edges. I'll sell them separatelt if you want one for a spare. $15

gr8fulabe
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if you might be interested in selling just the windsheild glass/weatherstripping & the Emissions stuff? If so, what would you want for it?
Thanks,

Abe

Air Randy
12-15-2008, 08:16 AM
For now, I don't want to take the windshield apart. I can tell you that I called Safelite about 3 months ago and they came to my house and installed a brand new windshield and gasket for $140. They made 2 trips, one to take my existing windshield out and use it to cut the new one, the 2nd to install it. They used a generic gasket material but it fit and looks just like the original.

If you want the emissions stuff you can have it if you want to come down and get it.

RicardoJM
12-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I can tell you that I called Safelite about 3 months ago and they came to my house and installed a brand new windshield and gasket for $140.

Which office did you call? I stopped by the location at County Line and Holly on Friday afternoon and was quoted $150, with the gasket being additional. I've ordered the OEM gasket and locking strip at Burt, it arrives tomorrow.

Air Randy
12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I called their 800 number and the lady said they had the windshields and gaskets in stock. I doubted that and asked her to confirm, she called back and said "yes". Of course when they came to do it they didn't have either in stock, thus the two trips, etc. Maybe they made me a better deal because of all the run around, but it was $140 for everything.

Plus, I remembered I also have a stock distributor with coil and ignitor, a nice set of Warn coarse spline hubs, stock U bolts & axle plates, etc. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Shark Bait
12-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Which office did you call? I stopped by the location at County Line and Holly on Friday afternoon and was quoted $150, with the gasket being additional. I've ordered the OEM gasket and locking strip at Burt, it arrives tomorrow.

Toyota should have the glass, also. It's not difficult to install.

RicardoJM
12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Toyota should have the glass, also. It's not difficult to install.

No joy on the glass for the 71 at Toyota:(. There was a thread (from Wes IIRC) with a nice picture of the glass he picked up at Toyota and I called (both Stevinson and Burt) back at that time. I even had the guy at the counter look once when I stopped in for parts. They do still have the seal and locking strip and it should arrive tomorrow:D.

Shark Bait
12-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Somehow I thought they would be the same up through '84. Did you try Jerry at Boulder? That's where I've bought my last couple of windshields.