PDA

View Full Version : Know any teachers?

subzali
01-08-2009, 11:33 AM
My girlfriend just graduated from the CUD teaching program, after taking her internship at Semper Elementary in Westminster. She is now looking for a job in elementary education. Does anybody know any teachers/have any leads on job openings? It's pretty hard for her right now with the economy the way it is, plus it being in the middle of the school year. She has her sub license, and is waiting on her teaching license, to be issued by the state of Colorado.

Thanks

Hulk
01-08-2009, 11:43 AM
My girlfriend just graduated from the CUD teaching program, after taking her internship at Semper Elementary in Westminster. She is now looking for a job in elementary education. Does anybody know any teachers/have any leads on job openings? It's pretty hard for her right now with the economy the way it is, plus it being in the middle of the school year. She has her sub license, and is waiting on her teaching license, to be issued by the state of Colorado.

Thanks

Is she tied to a particular area? I know the principal of our local elementary school (where Maddie is in first grade), Lois Lenski (http://lenski.littletonpublicschools.net/). This is the Littleton School District. I could call her (the principal) and ask her to talk with your girlfriend.

subzali
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Well right now she has applied to Jefferson County School District, but she is not averse to applying to others. I'm not familiar with how all this stuff works, but I'll let her know and she what she says. Thanks.

Uncle Ben
01-08-2009, 12:02 PM
What is her field of teaching? My wife is and has been a teacher in St. Vrain Valley for 20+ years.

wesintl
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Usually I can help but my mom is an Ele principal in Va. My wife used the teacher fair at the UNC campus that is held around the first part of april. I'll see if I can dig up the info. Short term she should be able to sub. It's hard to find good reliable subs. Also try douglas co and cherry creek

FJBRADY
01-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Matt,

My Girlfriend is the Principle over at Timber Trail Elementary in Castle Pines North (Douglas County). I hear all of the personnel issues and she is always looking for good new teachers. I will run your situation by her and let you know.

Steve

subzali
01-08-2009, 12:24 PM
What is her field of teaching? My wife is and has been a teacher in St. Vrain Valley for 20+ years.

Jacki is looking for something in elementary education. Her experience has been mostly with 1st graders, though she has spent half a semester with 6th graders too.

Thanks everybody!

Uncle Ben
01-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Jacki is looking for something in elementary education. Her experience has been mostly with 1st graders, though she has spent half a semester with 6th graders too.

Thanks everybody!

So then Primary General Ed?

Chris
01-08-2009, 01:02 PM
My daughter is a SpEd teacher in Cherry Creek and I taught Tech there as well. It's my understanding all the available jobs are posted on the district web sites. It's tough to get started which is a known issue with teaching.

If you're SpEd certified you can get a job anywhere/anytime.

CBone
01-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Christa is currently teaching kindergarten in Adams 50 and may need a long term sub to be the second half of her job share. Her teaching partner is leaving next month to have a baby. Have your girlfriend email Christa directly at christaconrad@hotmail.com and tell her to mention that I fired this your way. I'll also talk to Christa when I get home tonight.

subzali
01-08-2009, 07:54 PM
So then Primary General Ed?

That sounds right to me

chtucker
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Wanna move to Leadville? :) My wife is a elementary teacher (Title I reading Coach)... They are always looking..

corsair23
01-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Matt,

Like Hulk I know the teachers/principal at my girl's school in the Ranch and a personal friend of mine is a HS teacher in Douglas County...If the GF decides to look in Douglas County let me know :thumb:

She'll have to sell the Jeep first though :hill:

lfd270ben
01-09-2009, 02:50 AM
My fiance is a 3rd grade teacher in boulder valley tell her to try that district they always have $$$

FJBRADY
01-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Matt,

Have Jackie email Michele at michele.radke@dcsdk12.org

Make sure she puts my name Steve Brady in the subject line.

She is looking for subs at the moment and Michele can explain what she needs to do.

Good luck.

Mountain Drew
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
There is a new Elemtry school in Parker(Douglas County) right next to Chaparral high school(where I go) called Mammoth Heights. It just opened fall of '08 I would be they could use some help.