PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Club?

bh4rnnr
01-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Seems though it has been awhile since we did one last no?

Would be happy to host one in my neck of the woods if there is any interest. Would be fun to hang out since i've missed the last few meetings.

:beer::beer:

cbmontgo
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I am not yet an official member, but it sounds like a good time. What do you guys do at these? I am hoping that a few beers may be involved...

cbmontgo
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Have you been to a meeting, specifically the pre- or post-meeting meeting at On The Border or Hops? That's pretty much it, beer, food (maybe), Cruiser talk. Just done some place closer to the southern population center. Originally it was a reaction to the North Side Breakfast Club.

Yep...I have done the OTB and meeting at Stevinson Toyota thing once, but timing rarely has permitted me to make the meetings in the last year or so. All of the folks I have met so far from Rising Sun are top notch (Steve, Gary, Matt). I'll do my best to make the "dinner club" for sure. Plus, I am a dirty south sider.

MDH33
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Seems though it has been awhile since we did one last no?

Would be happy to host one in my neck of the woods if there is any interest. Would be fun to hang out since i've missed the last few meetings.

:beer::beer:

We haven't had a gethering of the foothills/westsiders for awhile either. :beer:

nakman
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
We haven't had a gethering of the foothills/westsiders for awhile either. :beer:

Hey now you're talking.. :D

Uncle Ben
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey now you're talking.. :D

Hey....I fall into that group.... How about "The Fort" or something?

Hulk
01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey....I fall into that group.... How about "The Fort" or something?

I've always wanted to go. I'd be up for dinner at The Fort.

nakman
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I've always wanted to go. I'd be up for dinner at The Fort.

You guys are nuts.. dinners & :beer: at The Fort can easily reach 3 digits :eek:. http://www.thefort.com/

I'd rather meet in a park with a 12 pack and some elk sausage. but that's me.. :D

Hulk
01-12-2009, 06:22 PM
The Fort's Game Plate
Our most popular dish! An Elk Chop, Buffalo Filet Medallion,
and a grilled teriyaki Quail. Served with Fort potatoes and seasonal vegetable.
$44

A few beers and dessert, plus tip? $75. I'd like to go there. But I wouldn't make it a habit.

Uncle Ben
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
No offense, guys, but if I'm spending that kind of jack for dinner, I'm not looking at your ugly mugs across the table.

It's all good Dave....Martin wants to treat! :thumb::thumb:

corsair23
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Sweetness. If Martin is treating, I'm in then and Kirsten will come, too.

Bringing the family :thumb:

The Fort is nice but it is more of a place to go on your anniversary or some other special occassion IMO...To meet and drink beer there are a lot better places that everyone won't need to bring a C-note with them to cover the tab :hill:

Hulk
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
The Fort is nice but it is more of a place to go on your anniversary or some other special occassion IMO.

My wife is a vegetarian. I'm not a huge steak lover, but I do like a rib eye once in a while. But when I take my wife out for dinner, we do not go to places that are labeled "steakhouse." Italian bistros, Thai food, Chinese, Mexican, Fondue -- she will find something she likes on the menu at any of these places. But I will not be taking my wife to The Fort for our anniversary or for any special occasion, ever. Hence my interest in going with you guys. :rolleyes:

Romer
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
But I will not be taking my wife to The Fort for our anniversary or for any special occasion, ever. Hence my interest in going with you guys. :rolleyes:

Matt, sorry your not my type.:D

Maybe Timm can get a banquet room at Brekenridge Brewery on Kalamath, thats kind of Central.

Not sure how it would work out, but isn't there a Famous Daves in Stapleton. Thats good BBQ as well or we could meet at a place in LODO.

Any good place on the Northside around 36 and I-25? Maybe Sheridan and 36?

Uncle Ben
01-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Maybe Timm can get a banquet room at Brekenridge Brewery on Kalamath, thats kind of Central.

Not sure how it would work out, but isn't there a Famous Daves in Stapleton. Thats good BBQ as well or we could meet at a place in LODO.

There is a Famous Dave's at Hiway 7 and I-25.....good for us Northssiders but pushing it for ya Southerners...

bh4rnnr
01-12-2009, 08:27 PM

The Breckenridge Brewery next to the Ball Park is a lot better than the one on Kalamath. If I remember right, there wasnt much room in the Kalamath location and it's mainly where they bottle there beer.

I'd vote for something central so the northern/western guys can stop by.

:beer:

Uncle Ben
01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
There is a huge Cinzzettis at Northglen (I-25 and 104th)

MDH33
01-13-2009, 08:25 AM
It's all good Dave....Martin wants to treat! :thumb::thumb:

Hmm... don't think my unemployment check is going to cover that one. :rolleyes: :D

Jacket
01-13-2009, 10:54 AM
The key to the Kalamath Breckenridge to is to reserve the back room. But, yeah, the front tap room is cozy.

We used that room for birthday parties a couple times when I lived down there. Nice and cozy, and I think the BBQ is pretty tasty.

sno bored
01-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I think we should go to the original Breckenridge brewery, in Breckenridge. :thumb:

bh4rnnr
01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I think we should go to the original Breckenridge brewery, in Breckenridge. :thumb:

I'm game:beer: Does that mean your back:cool:

Hulk
01-14-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm game:beer: Does that mean your back:cool:

Dude, if you'd show up for a meeting once in a while, you'd know. :rolleyes:

PhatFJ
01-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Just a thought, my wife and I went to the Yard House "West Colfax" with some friends a couple of weeks ago, they have GREAT happy hour "3 to 6pm every day except Saturdays" specials including half price hours devours.. "Each Yard House location features a transparent keg room containing more than 600 barrels, some 1,000 gallons of beer, and an endless fleet of tap handles - 100 to 250 - depending on the location. The menu of American cuisine includes an impressive selection of appetizers, salads, pastas, sandwiches, individual-size pizzas, seafood, steaks, ribs and chops. Late-night dining is available, and each restaurant can accommodate groups for large parties." There were 4 of us, we drank and ate all we wanted and the bill was just over $100.00 total....
Good times and great service!!! :thumb:

:cheers:

Uncle Ben
01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Just a thought, my wife and I went to the Yard House "West Colfax" with some friends a couple of weeks ago, they have GREAT happy hour "3 to 6pm every day except Saturdays" specials including half price hours devours.. "Each Yard House location features a transparent keg room containing more than 600 barrels, some 1,000 gallons of beer, and an endless fleet of tap handles - 100 to 250 - depending on the location. The menu of American cuisine includes an impressive selection of appetizers, salads, pastas, sandwiches, individual-size pizzas, seafood, steaks, ribs and chops. Late-night dining is available, and each restaurant can accommodate groups for large parties." There were 4 of us, we drank and ate all we wanted and the bill was just over $100.00 total....
Good times and great service!!! :thumb:

:cheers:

Yard House is awesome! Great food and good happy hour drink deals! The issue is if we do it at YH the only person in our group we will be able to hear is Hulk! :lmao: YH is very loud in my experiance....

PhatFJ
01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Yard House is awesome! Great food and good happy hour drink deals! The issue is if we do it at YH the only person in our group we will be able to hear is Hulk! :lmao: YH is very loud in my experiance....

AAAH, Good point! I did not even think about the noise, "I was too wraped up in the good food, beer and price thing :D", I wonder if they have any rooms off the side we could reserve??

Hulk
01-14-2009, 02:04 PM
The issue is if we do it at YH the only person in our group we will be able to hear is Hulk!

Yeah, and I won't be able to hear any of you. I've had my hearing tested and I'm not going deaf. But I do seem to have a hard time hearing when there is lots of background noise. :(

RockRunner
01-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, and I won't be able to hear any of you. I've had my hearing tested and I'm not going deaf. But I do seem to have a hard time hearing when there is lots of background noise. :(

That could be a good thing too, kids, mother in law, dogs and cats, nagging co-workers and most importantly the political adds:rolleyes:

Shark Bait
01-14-2009, 07:37 PM

What?

farnhamstj
01-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Huh?

MDH33
01-15-2009, 08:34 AM
We could try the Wazee Super Club down in Perry's neighborhood. Great pizza, calzones, good beer selection, and they have an upper seating section we might be able to reserve for a group. it's on 15th and Wazee.

There's also and Old Chicago a couple of blocks from there with even more seating and a bigger beer selection.

Pizza and beer on the brain this morning. :)

Hulk
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Wazee sounds good. Never been there.

Red_Chili
01-15-2009, 03:37 PM
If you could *STAND* to come down to downtown Littleton, there is The Old Mill, on Monday nights they have BOGO burgers and $2 house brews.

And those burgers are VERY good. So are the house brews. Just a thought. Right off US85 so easy for you NoSiders to get to.

wesintl
01-15-2009, 03:39 PM
we been there already.

I think ole C's is a good choice. I'm in it for the beer anyway not the food.

bh4rnnr
01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
We could try the Wazee Super Club down in Perry's neighborhood. Great pizza, calzones, good beer selection, and they have an upper seating section we might be able to reserve for a group. it's on 15th and Wazee.

There's also and Old Chicago a couple of blocks from there with even more seating and a bigger beer selection.

Pizza and beer on the brain this morning. :)

Wazee is a good place. Just seems a little dark in there.

Old Chicago had the Isolation Ale last time I was there, though it might be out since it seems to last about a week. Old Chicago might be a little better for a bigger group.

And I can always try to get a room at my local hangout, if thats of interest....