PDA

View Full Version : New coach for the Broncos - The wonderkid

Romer
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The Denver Broncos apparently have turned from “The Mastermind” to “The Wunderkid.”
Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has agreed to take over the Broncos, ESPN reported Sunday night. The network said the 32-year-old McDaniels will be introduced as Denver’s new coach on Monday.
The Broncos did not respond to phone messages and e-mails from The Associated Press seeking comment.

McDaniels would replace Mike Shanahan, who was fired Dec. 30 after 14 seasons with three years and $21 million left on his contract. He’s the only one of six NFL head coaches to ever get fired by the team for which he won back-to-back Super Bowls.

The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News also reported the hiring on their Web sites.

The Broncos won it all in 1997 and ’98 but have slipped into mediocrity, winning just one playoff game in the decade since John Elway retired.
McDaniels is a rising star who has spent his entire eight-year NFL coaching career in New England, where he worked his way up from personnel assistant in the scouting department to offensive coordinator for Bill Belichick.

Under his tutelage, Tom Brady threw for a record 50 touchdowns last season and the Patriots came within a whisker of the first 19-0 season in NFL history.

McDaniels’ reputation grew ever larger this year when Brady was lost with a knee injury in the opener and Matt Cassel, who hadn’t started a game since high school, led the Patriots to an 11-5 record.
McDaniels would be the third member of Belichick’s coaching staff to become a head coach in the NFL, following Romeo Crennel with Cleveland in 2005 and Eric Mangini, who joined the Jets a year later. Both were fired this offseason with Mangini replacing Crennel in Cleveland.
McDaniels was the second of seven candidates the Broncos’ brain trust interviewed. Owner Pat Bowlen, chief operating officer Joe Ellis and personnel chief Jim Goodman met with him in Rhode Island on Jan. 4, and Goodman conducted a second, lengthy interview with him in the Boston area.

McDaniels will inherit an explosive offense that appears to be one healthy running back away from greatness and a dismal defense that needs another overhaul. That led many observers to believe defensive minds such as the Giants’ Steve Spagnuolo or the Vikings’ Leslie Frazier had the inside track for the job in Denver.

The other candidates were Raheem Morris of Tampa Bay, Rick Dennison of Denver, Jason Garrett of Dallas and Todd Bowles of Miami.
Jay Cutler, who broke several passing records this year and was selected for his first Pro Bowl, publicly criticized Bowlen’s firing of Shanahan and the owner quickly reached out to his franchise quarterback, telling him he’d keep him in the loop on the search.

“Hopefully we can continue to improve. I’m hoping we can keep some of our offensive coaches, keep some of those guys around,” wide receiver Brandon Stokley told The Associated Press on Sunday night. “I think we did a good job. Hopefully we can keep getting better and bring new ideas. We have a lot of young talent.”

Even Shanahan suggested on his way out the door that his successor should keep the offensive staff intact. Cutler is particularly fond of his position coach, Jeremy Bates, who called the plays last season.
And Bowlen is high on running backs coach Bobby Turner, who helped turn Terrell Davis into an NFL great but whose masterpiece came in 2008, when he helped keep Denver in the playoff hunt despite losing an astonishing seven tailbacks to injured reserve.

McDaniels, who began his coaching career in 1999 as a graduate assistant under Nick Saban at Michigan State, does has some defensive experience. He helped the defensive staff in New England for three seasons before serving as quarterbacks coach in 2004. He was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2006.

While the Broncos’ offense is stocked with rising stars such as Cutler, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris and Eddie Royal, the defense has been left bare by a series of personnel mistakes and dismal drafts under Shanahan.

Despite an injury epidemic in their backfield, the Broncos’ offense ranked second in the NFL in yardage as Cutler set several franchise passing records in his third pro season.

The defense, on the other hand, ranked 29th, allowed an NFL-high 448 points and managed a measly 13 takeaways under Bob Slowik, Denver’s third defensive boss in three years.

The result was an 8-8 record and a colossal collapse. They became the first team in NFL history to blow a three-game divisional lead with three weeks left, and Shanahan was fired 48 hours later.

The Broncos are 24-24 in three seasons since losing to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2005 AFC championship game and their three-year playoff drought is their longest since 1980-82.

Shark Bait
01-12-2009, 01:08 AM
He's the Hot Kid right now. Kind of surprised Bowlen didn't go with a defensive guru. We'll see. :)

Crash
01-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Let's hope he does better than the other two former Pats assistant coaches that were fired recently after their first two head coaching gigs. I think the Broncos' fortunes will be like the current economy - things will get worse before they get better.

wesintl
03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
I dunno who's worse... cutler or mcdaniels

Since mcdaniels is new and unproven I say he needs a beat down from bowlen. He's wanted cassel (who ain't a pro bowl QB) from the beginning

There are only a couple QB's in the league that have cutlers talent IMHO. Without him the broncos will be rebuilding for a while. The only thing I can see is a cleveland qb coming here...

It ain't too late to can mcduffy and bring back shanny!

Good thing I'm a redskins fan :hill:

Hulk
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Maybe they can coax Jake Plummer to come back from retirement.

Bighead
04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm sure Brian Griese is available...

Jacket
04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
That whole story is a joke. Cutler and McDaniels should be the laughing stock of the league. They're acting like a couple of 13 year olds....

Convert
04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
That whole story is a joke. Cutler and McDaniels should be the laughing stock of the league. They're acting like a couple of 13 year olds....

x2:thumb:

jettaglxdriver
04-02-2009, 07:31 AM
I love Cutler's quotes today saying he is surprised they want to trade him so soon and he didn't want to leave Denver.

FJBRADY
04-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Cutler just traded to the Bears for Kyle Orton and three draft picks!!!!

LARGEONE
04-02-2009, 04:45 PM
that Whole Story Is A Joke. Cutler And Mcdaniels Should Be The Laughing Stock Of The League. They're Acting Like A Couple Of 13 Year Olds....

X3

wesintl
04-02-2009, 05:52 PM
kyle orton :eek: oh man were f'd

FJBRADY
04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
"Cutler has been traded to the Chicago Bears for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton, FOXSports.com has learned. Denver will receive Chicago's first- and third-round pick in this year's draft, and Chicago's first-round pick in 2010, along with Orton. The Bears get Cutler and the Broncos' fifth-round pick this year."

Kyle Orton sounds more like a Country Western singer than a Pro quarterback.....word is that the Bronco's may package draft picks and a player on draft day!

Shark Bait
04-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Nice!! Good riddance. He's not going to last anyway if he's got such a thin skin.

Maddmatt
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Nice!! Good riddance. He's not going to last anyway if he's got such a thin skin.

I'm with you Chris. In fact I just sent Scott Hastings some words of support through the Altitude website . Not that Scott and I are buds or anything (although Nakman and I did say hi to him once :) ), I just thought I should show some support- I'm sure he's taking some heat for this little gem: Warning, be aware of your environment, some language involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhvit9L0_sI&feature=related

Nay
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Good thing I'm a redskins fan :hill:

Me, too (Northern VA native). Hasn't been a good thing in a long time though, under Synder it's like being Dallas without ever winning :eek:

Cutler has a great arm, but he always came across as stupid. And you can't fix stupid. Which he will learn quickly in Chicago :D

nakman
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
appropriate for this thread... :lmao:

Jacket
04-08-2009, 11:11 AM
kyle orton :eek: oh man were f'd

I think so too. Not sure Chris Simms is any better though.... If we suck this year on offense, how long before the fans and media demand McDaniels' head?

Maddmatt
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm going to be the optimist in this discussion - with a "super star" QB we were 7-9 and then 8-8. With a tough nosed, playing cuz he loved it QB we were 13-3 and then 7-4. That's when I started getting off the Shanahan bandwagon. 20 and 7 with an appearance in the AFC championship game sounds pretty good right about now, doesn't it.

I didn't like Cutler until last season, when I convinced myself to get on the bandwagon, thinking that maybe the untreated diabetes was contributing to his bad attitude.

So I'll take a Kyle Orton (who can make the easy dump to the sidelines for 6 yards when necessary) or a Chris Simms who wants to play over an overpaid, everybody owes me attitude Cutler anyday.

It doesn't matter who is throwing the ball when your defense lets people walk all over them 4 out of every 5 plays.

I predict 9-7, which is a better record than Cutler ever put up. If we don't send 5 or 6 RB's to the ICU this year, maybe even 10-6. Smart game control, strong RB's and attitude will win out. That's my prediciton.

Jacket
04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
It doesn't matter who is throwing the ball when your defense lets people walk all over them 4 out of every 5 plays.

I agree - and to me that's the primary reason for Cutler's W/L percentage being so low. You can't win every game 39-38.

wesintl
04-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm going to be the optimist in this discussion - with a "super star" QB we were 7-9 and then 8-8.

Cutler didn't play defense too. They were #2 overall rated offense in the league. I could understand if they weren't in the top 10. The defense was 29th out of 32.

:rant:same crappy defense, offense with an average, at best, qb, rebuilding, dufuss unproven coach, I think they will be lucky to break even.:rant:

:p:

Maddmatt
04-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Cutler didn't play defense too. They were #2 overall rated offense in the league. I could understand if they weren't in the top 10. The defense was 29th out of 32.

:rant:same crappy defense, offense with an average, at best, qb, rebuilding, dufuss unproven coach, I think they will be lucky to break even.:rant:

:p:

Agreed on the defense. I guess I'm hoping that with a less spectacular QB the team can focus on the basics. It all comes down to blocking and tackling. I do think we've got some sleeper RB's that will take the pressure off on the offensive side, and now we've got some draft picks to shore up the defense. I'm gonna stick with 10-6, and we lose in the 1st round to Sandy eggo, who of course implodes and loses in the 2nd round to the Patriots. Chicago will be 7-9, because they can't afford anybody to catch the ball who can run as fast as Cutler throws, and his ego won't let him dump it off for the easy yards. Those are my predictions.
-Matt

pmccumber
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
They were in the bottom half of the league in scoring. That #2 offense line is worn out. Dood went 25 TDs, 18 INTs. His schtick sulking and pouting at the end of the bench doesn't endear him to anyone. I think 2 #1s and a #3 is a steal. This offense will score points next year too. Look at this way, Brady threw more TDs in 2008 than Cutler has in his career. McDaniels will get the ball in the end zone.

The problem with the Broncs is they haven't had draft picks. Shanny traded away a #2 for Javon Walker. He traded away a #1 to move up to draft Cutler. He traded away a pick to move to pick Moss. In the last 4 years, they've had 4 picks, 6 picks a couple times, and they've chased. I don't if anyone has bought more free agents than the Broncs.

The reason the offense is in relatively good shape is cuz they've built it through the draft. The defense has been built through free agency. The D-Line has had double digit free agents in the last 5 years.

They had 9 picks prior to the trade and they just got three more in the first 85. This is absolutely the best thing they can do. The teams that have done well, Pittsburgh, Indy, New England, Giants, even the Bears and Packers of late, have spurned free agency and have lots of youth. The Broncos have consistently been one of the oldest rosters in the NFL (4 years in a row in the oldest 5). This game is played by young men willing to risk their health for wealth. The Broncos, Redskins, Vikings, even Cowboys have foulded their rosters with too many free agents.

They will be better next year and much better in 2010. Let Captain Whiney Pants snivel in Chicago.

wesintl
04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow.. great picks. :rolleyes: Should be a banner year for the donks

wesintl
09-13-2009, 01:21 PM
no ball in the end zone but they finally did get on the board.

theboomboom
09-13-2009, 01:27 PM
no ball in the end zone but they finally did get on the board.

how? i dont think anybody knows... :p:

wesintl
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM
what's mcnolan thinking... play man the whole game then zone the last drive and let em score.

So much for mcnutty getting the ball in the endzone

Can't beat the bengals it's going to be a looooooooong season.

wesintl
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
ah man.. where's my crow

Shark Bait
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
16-0 baby! :lol:

jettaglxdriver
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM
HAHA What an exciting end even if it ended up being luck that made it happen.

Hopefully they work Marshall into the O more and use Hillis more as we go on. I have to say the D looked good until we changed our game plan for that last Cinci drive. WTF.

I bet McDaniels was asking himself how did he get such a dumb QB when Kyle got sacked on that 3rd down.

RockRunner
09-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Orton did much better than CryBaby has done so far in two halves. Two INT's nearly 4 and has missed nearly most his throws. His second INT cost them a TD. Orton may not be great but he managed the game better than CB is playing it.

jettaglxdriver
09-13-2009, 11:22 PM
I think head to head Cutler is still a better QB but the other changes to the Bronco system are for the better. Cutlers crybabyness wouldn't have fit with this system.

Cheeseman
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
By the way. You are all welcome to my Packers for making the Cutler look pretty bad on Sunday night football.

Also my neighbor builds houses down where Cutler used to live in Douglas County. Turns out his dad lived with him. Cutler's next door neighbors young son went to him and asked for an autograph and was turned down. Cutler bought 2 german shephards that just barked all the time with no caring for the neighbors. They finally went to the police for an injunction and when all was done Cutlers father went to chew out the neighbors who had called the police.

Like father like son. Both real jerks.
________
KADETT (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Kadett)

wesintl
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
humph... bronco's 4-0

what say you

Uncle Ben
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
By the way. You are all welcome to my Packers for making the Cutler look pretty bad on Sunday night football.

Also my neighbor builds houses down where Cutler used to live in Douglas County. Turns out his dad lived with him. Cutler's next door neighbors young son went to him and asked for an autograph and was turned down. Cutler bought 2 german shephards that just barked all the time with no caring for the neighbors. They finally went to the police for an injunction and when all was done Cutlers father went to chew out the neighbors who had called the police.

Like father like son. Both real jerks.

Good thing we sent Cutler "Packin'" :lmao:

Shark Bait
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
humph... bronco's 4-0

what say you

All they way, baby! 16-0!! :D

I was there today. The defense really looks good. The place went nuts when Marshall made that catch and scored.

Gonna be a tough stretch the next few games. Even if we break even we'll be in pretty good shape for the playoffs. The Broncos are for real! :)

Romer
10-04-2009, 09:48 PM
If they win next week against New England than a lot more folks will be on their bandwagon.

Betting Shanahan moves to Dallas next year

Still hvae tickets to a couple of games left :D

Shark Bait
10-04-2009, 09:54 PM
If they win next week against New England than a lot more folks will be on their bandwagon.

Betting Shanahan moves to Dallas next year

Still hvae tickets to a couple of games left :D

Wade Phillips will likely be fired soon. But I'd be surprised if Shanahan took the job in Dallas. He wants full control and Jerry Jones wants his say. The two are incompatible.

Romer
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I am just glad they had it on the radio here in DC and on TV. I was checking my phone every couple of minutes after I landed and it was 0-7. Got to my Hotel in time to watch the second half

Rachel and Sarah are going to the New England game. That should be a good one

Jacket
10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I thought Jason Garrett was the heir apparent in Dallas? Has that changed?

As for the Broncos, it's unbelievable to me what they've done with that defense in 1 year. Somebody deserves credit for that above all. Imagine what kind of team they'd be with last year's offense, and this year's defense!

Well I guess they couldn't be any better than 4-0....

wesintl
10-05-2009, 12:37 PM
it's unbelievable to me what they've done with that defense in 1 year. Somebody deserves credit for that above all.

is it? or was it that they had so many injuries last year on defense? They were definitely banged up last year. Healthy team can make a difference too.

RockRunner
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
I wonder how they would have done with JC still at the helm. I know everyone hates him but that guy can sling the ball.

As for the defense, the scheme is better and some players are in better positions. Injuries hit every team, Denver did have more than there share last year but you have to deal with it.

Next weeks game will be more of a tell, even if they loose by 7 or less they will be taken seriously. Everyone feels that NE is still one of the top teams in the league and for the Broncos to either beat them or stay within single digit lose they will be considered one of the top teams this year. Get a really good quarterback again and another wide receiver/running back and we'll be in the top 5 teams

Jacket
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
is it? or was it that they had so many injuries last year on defense? They were definitely banged up last year. Healthy team can make a difference too.

Possibly. I only remember that they lost like 6 RB's to injury; I thought the defense (primarily the front 4) just sucked....

jettaglxdriver
10-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Holy Crap..

5-0 Go Denver

wesintl
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
yeah.. It's nice to see McNutty fired up. I kinda like that.

Seems they are for real. It was a good game.

Romer
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
You cant even fault Orton for the one interception he threw. It was an up for grabs ball.

Coach yelled at his special teams coach after the player ran into the kicker. Did yoiu see him give the special teams coach a look when they screwed up another 4th down with the offsides.

Nice to see Brandon finally back with the team mentaly

Crash
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
You cant even fault Orton for the one interception he threw. It was an up for grabs ball.

Coach yelled at his special teams coach after the player ran into the kicker. Did yoiu see him give the special teams coach a look when they screwed up another 4th down with the offsides.

Nice to see Brandon finally back with the team mentaly

Yup, whoever that special teams coach is, he is missing an ass cheek tonight, even with the win. That same coach, to his credit, could only nod in agreement with the head coach's comments. Being a long time KC Chiefs fan, I noticed a terribly different situation during the Chief's near win against Dallas today. Head coach was giving an earful to a wide reciever who had missed an assignment and the player just walked on by like he didn't give a rip about what was being conveyed. Josh McDaniel has the team's attention and that's a good thing.

LETSROLL
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
The crowd was really into the game. Loud on defense and quiet on offense. Our section stood the 4th QTR and overtime

Air Randy
10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
For any of you old timers that can remember, this is sort of starting to feel like the 77-78 Super Bowl team season.

They had the Orange Crush defense and a re-tread QB in the form of Craig Morton. He couldn't run and didnt have the best arm but he was very accurate and rarely turned the ball over.

Every Monday night at half time, Howard Cosell would lambast them as not being nearly as good as their record indicated. The hype built up until they were 8-0 and the only other 8-0 team were the Colts, who were favored to go all the way that year. They played a very close game but the Colts were driving down to score the winning touchdown with less than 2 minutes to play. Thats when Tom Jackson intercepted the pass at the 4 yard line and ran it all the way back for a TD and won the game.

Of course, they got murdered by the Cowboys in the SB but it sure was a fun season. I hope they can keep it up, they're sure more fun to watch now.

Oh, and good riddance to Jay Cutler. He was an immature punk and a jerk. I dont care if the donkeys were 0-5 right now without him, they're better off without him.

jettaglxdriver
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Woohoo 6-0

Shark Bait
10-19-2009, 11:23 PM
16-0 baby! :lol:

Okay. Believe now? :D

nakman
10-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Alright, I'm starting to believe... this team is way more fun to watch than so many Shannahan-era teams that would get us up by 2 touchdowns in the first three drives, then proceed to blow it... lots more fun when you can take over the second half. Bring on the Ravens..

Shark Bait
10-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Yes. It's such a pleasure to watch these guys play now. The defense is phenomenal. And the offense is making plays. Orton is an accurate passer. It's so cool to see them just drive down the field and score, almost at will. They have the ability and the confidence to do it. They all believe in McDaniels, for sure.

Jacket
10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Pretty amazing stat ESPN tossed up there mid way through the game. The Denver "D" had given up a grand total of 0 points in the 2nd half of the last 4 games (including games against the Pats and Cowboys). Toss in a 3 point effort against the Bolts, and that's 3 points in 5 games. :bowdown: Mike Nolan. :bowdown:

Caribou Sandstorm
10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I am coming around also..They look great.. Our QB is awesome!

jettaglxdriver
11-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Wow we got handled last night. Sigh

Dave Ghrol just couldn't get it done on offense not that he had much protection from his line. He took some good hits. Baily got burnt a couple times for big losses but the one was made up for with our red zone interception. I think the Steelers might have put down more rushing yards on us than anyone. WOW maybe next week.

FJBRADY
11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Second half of the last two games killed the Bronco's chances. The last two games the opponents have smashed the Bronco's in the mouth.

6-2 I'll take it. They need to right the ship so the can go another 6-2 to finish 12-4 not to shabby. We'll see.........I just like the fact the camera does not pan to Cutler's pouty face anymore!

LETSROLL
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I was amazed how many Steeler fans were in the stadium waving their yellow towels. It had to help their team on the field feel like it was a home game. Very disappointed so many Broncos fans sold their tickets to others. Maybe we should institute a no sale to other team's fans rule.

RedCreeper
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Go Steelers!!!!!

LETSROLL
11-10-2009, 10:24 AM
See what I mean!

RedCreeper
11-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Did not get tickets but the wife is from PA and her whole family is die hard Steeler fans. Got to photograph Terry Bradshaw, now that was awsome. I have two favs. Steelers being second don't want to talk about the first.... GO STEELERS!!

LARGEONE
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I agree w/ FJBRADY....as long as Orton continues to just look dumb and not pout like Cutler, I'm OK!

Orton did suck last night, though!!!

Caribou Sandstorm
11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Yep 6-2 is not bad and they hung in there with the world champs for 3/4s..

Our QB was a little off last night but Elway had bad games too.

I am thinking we need a RS gathering at a future game??? might be fun to drive our rigs and tail gate together for a game????

corsair23
11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I am thinking we need a RS gathering at a future game??? might be fun to drive our rigs and tail gate together for a game????

You buying? :D

IMO the Broncos seem to have lost their confidence over the last couple of games, especially on the offense side. They started out looking decent, then the interception for the touchdown happened and things on the offense side starting going south. The defense did a good job of hanging tough, keeping things close, but when you are on the field that long sooner or later you get wore out :(

I kept waiting for Marshall to do a slant route, have Orton do a pump fake, and then watch Royal or Marshall go blasting down the field for a long TD. The Steelers were getting to a point where they were jumping on the slants and underneath stuff because they knew Orton wasn't going to go long...After 3 qtrs of setting that up where was the Bronco's hutzpah to throw the deep one :confused:

Jacket
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM
It was the defense that was winning games for us along the way to 6-0. There were some amazing stats I read showing how we shut down opponents in the second half - something like 6 points in 5 games and a 3rd down conversion percentage of < 10%.

Pittsburgh's offense killed us in the 2nd half. We had no answer for Mendenhall, and Big Ben was able to throw it wherever he wanted. I put that loss heavily on the coaching staff. Pittsburgh made adjustments at halftime; Denver didn't.

wesintl
11-15-2009, 02:49 PM
oh boy, 3 game skid and losing to the lowly skins.

jettaglxdriver
11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
That was a rough loss there. Whats next losing to the Raiders?

rdanford
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
How bad is Chris Simms?! Orton plays the 2nd half, we walk away with a win....

wesintl
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
well, are his days numbered? total debacle 2nd half of last year... 3-7 so far this year :(

RockRunner
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
15 straight loses for the Broncos first in 20+ years if I heard that right.

simps80
11-23-2010, 09:40 AM
15 losses in 20 game span for first time since 70-71 i think.
awesome.
at least we got rid of all those pesky do-no-good non-McDaniels-type players :D

Hulk
12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
This is funny, but contains a few F-bombs. Possibly NSFW.
Lt2_C9wLNjU

trucruiser
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
LOL!! Sad but spot on.
I dont care

calphi27
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM
finally they fired him. there is no excuse for that cheating crap.

wesintl
12-06-2010, 05:32 PM
wow

Romer
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I wonder if we can trade Brady Quinn for Peyton Hillis?

calphi27
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
they said we would be paying 3 coaches next year....great

wesintl
12-06-2010, 05:48 PM
mmm maybe 2 but with the lockout.. just pay an interim coach. either way not paying players and still having TV income should have plenty to pay 3 coachs and still have a lot left over. :D

Romer
12-06-2010, 05:55 PM
So only older guys will remember Danndy Don, Howard Cossell and Frank Gifford on Monday night Footbal

Dandy Don died today and one of his sayings apply to Josh and Dandy Don as well

(With Texas accent) Turn out the lights the partys over

We will miss you Dandy Don.

Bowlen should have them complete the contract with Champ before its too late

wesintl
12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Champ deserves to be traded to a contender...

I think mcdaniels was ok. He probably became a head coach too soon and GM was too much too.

simps80
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
He was simultaneously the most arrogant and naive coach we have ever had.

He may be good one day elsewhere, but one thing is for certain; Bowlen did him a disservice to hand him all that power on his first go at it.

McDaniels learned a lot on our dime. It is sort of anticlimactic having him dismissed after he dismantled everything.

DaveInDenver
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
GM was too much
Isn't the Broncos' GM Brian Xanders?

wesintl
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
yea but he didn't make any personnel decisions and if you think he did I have a bridge to sell ya.

bh4rnnr
12-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Glad to see the guy go, supprised it took this long:rolleyes:.

Great video Matt!:lmao:

Caribou Sandstorm
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Well, I have been telling a few friends he should have been fired weeks ago.

Too young and this is the NFL not highschool or college...

You gotta earn your stripes the old fashon way. Now the Broncos are in ruin and how do we rebuild, it is going to take several years, imo.