PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Moab

bh4rnnr
01-13-2009, 10:18 PM
So what is everybody's plans for this years event? I'm ubber excited to be going again this year.

My Plans thus far are: Palisade Brewing Co, Rays Tavern, Hot Rod show and lots of good wheeling and company.

What is everybody doing for Camping? Also, I hope RS doesnt get mad at me, but i'm hoping to spend CM as a bystandard, enjoying the good times. Though, i'm happy to help if needed when in camp.

And maybe try and convince Equipt to bring this:

Inukshuk
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Three words: Beer Cheese Soup!

At least one of the days I'm wanting to go explore backcountry.

Thursday or Friday I'd like to lead Wipe-Out Hill and incorporate some amazing natural features (tunnels and slot canyons) into the trip.

nakman
01-13-2009, 11:08 PM

Thursday or Friday I'd like to lead Wipe-Out Hill and incorporate some amazing natural features (tunnels and slot canyons) into the trip.

or Saturday? :D

bh4rnnr
01-13-2009, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

I was thinking bout a Sunday through tuesday trip to some place. Possibly thinking bout heading back to Beef Basin as I learned about a Cliff Dwelling that needs further investigation! Along with road 111....

:beer:

Inukshuk
01-14-2009, 12:26 AM
or Saturday? :D

Thursday would be a great way to start off CM. It will ROCK their world! :D
Friday also great because back early for BBQ and also already on that side of town. :thumb:
Saturday I could do it again just to be with :bowdown: you - maybe as a passenger! (and sou chef)

BTW, The Wipe Out Hill trail is a lot harder than before (I ran it in September). The Hill is the same b/c its rock, but other parts are more challenging. Also, there were ATV tracks everywhere. It was shameful to see. :mad:

nakman
01-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Well that's a bummer. Every year when we stop at those towers for lunch, I have been able to see areas where "last year this was a walking path, and now it's an atv trail. And last year over here was an ATV trail, and it looks like a truck has driven through it now.." that whole area has been ridden pretty hard. Harder you say? I have to admit last year at CM there was a hill climb after lunch, but just before the actual Wipeout hill that gave the group a little struggle.. the open trucks maybe didn't take it seriously enough, but at least one needed a strap and a couple needed a second or third attempt. The sandy stuff at the beginning was still very benign though, as it probably still is.

And Perry, looking forward to hanging out a little with you as well! :beer: :perry:

Jacket
01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
And maybe try and convince Equipt to bring this:

It was a treat indeed.:beer:

Red_Chili
01-14-2009, 01:05 PM
I plan on making the Hot Rod show's closing night too. I'm torn between lazing around Slickrock in the popup and going on some overnighter. Also torn about going on THE overnighter.

I think I might stick to some easier trails like Wipe Out this year too (hoping to lead Cliffhanger and Fins though, so that makes three). It's more about the group than the obstacles, to me. Have to bring a grill obviously! Roasted corn on the cob with butter... mmmmm... Saturday was a good day for Wipe Out and a great way to close the festivities!

treerootCO
01-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Three words: Beer Cheese Soup!

I was having dinner with Brian Swearingen and he insisted I try the beer cheese soup........BEST SOUP EVER! :D

bh4rnnr
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
It was a treat indeed.:beer:

Good to here!

Sure sounded like a lot of fun! And to think Paul invited me out for that trip, dang.

Think I got my trails lined up for the event. Matt, are you leading E-Hill this year?

TIA!:beer:

RockRunner
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

I was thinking bout a Sunday through tuesday trip to some place. Possibly thinking bout heading back to Beef Basin as I learned about a Cliff Dwelling that needs further investigation! Along with road 111....

:beer:

Perry, how much hiking is involved in this trip? Also is this a high speed run or ??? Would be cool to go but hiking is hard for me.:(

bh4rnnr
01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=bh4rnnr;94461]

Perry, how much hiking is involved in this trip? Also is this a high speed run or ??? Would be cool to go but hiking is hard for me.:(

Not much hiking would be involved. From my readings, Beef Basin Wash leads to this Dweling, and only a short stroll from the parking area.

I guess it could be a high speed run depending on the mood of the group. Being alone, I managed to cover the Basin in a afternoon. Road 111 might be a little slower, as I did not see any signs of use, but a good afternoon drive.