PDA

View Full Version : RS Networking Request for New Job

kvanoort
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
With encouragement from both Carlton Bonilla and Chris Hatfield, Iím reaching out to Rising Sun members to ask for help with finding a new marketing or advertising job here in the Denver metro area.

As background, Iím an accomplished, results-oriented marketing and advertising professional with over 20 years of experience in building brands and managing marketing programs for start-up and FORTUNE 500 companies.

Areas of expertise include:
* Integrated Marketing & Communications
* Web Development & Digital Media
* Corporate & Product/Service Branding
* Advertising Development & Production
* Market Research & Competitive Analysis
* New Product Development & Launch
* Database Marketing - 2D & 3D
* Budget Allocation, Management & ROI
* Corporate Identity & Naming
* Co-Branded Partner Marketing & Lead Generation
* Creative Services & Design Management
* Event Management
* Digital Asset Management
* Staff Supervision, Team Building & Development

Career Highlights:
* Established company's first global brand and led corporate positioning for Level 3 Communications, a Fortune 500 company providing international communications and information services.
* Defined the Level 3 brand through global advertising campaign, utilizing broadcast, print and online advertising. Successfully negotiated to have Sean Connery as company spokesperson.
* Developed media plans for some of the world's most recognized brands, including: AT&T, BMW, Chesebrough-Ponds, Coca-Cola, ESPN, Manufacturers Hanover Trust, Nestle and RJR Nabisco.

Any and all leads are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

Kent

---
Kent Van Oort
kvanoort@comcast.net
720-252-4973 (m)
720-890-0505 (h)

Uncle Ben
01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I wish I could help ya but my world it way to old school for your expertise! Good Luck!!!!!!!

Romer
01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Have you checked out the want ads in the Denver business journal? With your Resume, thats one of the places I would keep an eye on. I'm too government focused and the people we have doing marketing are typically retired Colonel's

Good Luck

kvanoort
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Have you checked out the want ads in the Denver business journal? With your Resume, thats one of the places I would keep an eye on. I'm too government focused and the people we have doing marketing are typically retired Colonel's

Good Luck

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Also, please let me know if one of those retired Colonels retires again.

bh4rnnr
01-16-2009, 09:35 PM
With encouragement from both Carlton Bonilla and Chris Hatfield, Iím reaching out to Rising Sun members to ask for help with finding a new marketing or advertising job here in the Denver metro area.

As background, Iím an accomplished, results-oriented marketing and advertising professional with over 20 years of experience in building brands and managing marketing programs for start-up and FORTUNE 500 companies.

Areas of expertise include:
* Integrated Marketing & Communications
* Web Development & Digital Media
* Corporate & Product/Service Branding
* Advertising Development & Production
* Market Research & Competitive Analysis
* New Product Development & Launch
* Database Marketing - 2D & 3D
* Budget Allocation, Management & ROI
* Corporate Identity & Naming
* Co-Branded Partner Marketing & Lead Generation
* Creative Services & Design Management
* Event Management
* Digital Asset Management
* Staff Supervision, Team Building & Development

Career Highlights:
* Established company's first global brand and led corporate positioning for Level 3 Communications, a Fortune 500 company providing international communications and information services.
* Defined the Level 3 brand through global advertising campaign, utilizing broadcast, print and online advertising. Successfully negotiated to have Sean Connery as company spokesperson.
* Developed media plans for some of the world's most recognized brands, including: AT&T, BMW, Chesebrough-Ponds, Coca-Cola, ESPN, Manufacturers Hanover Trust, Nestle and RJR Nabisco.

Any and all leads are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

Kent

---
Kent Van Oort
kvanoort@comcast.net
720-252-4973 (m)
720-890-0505 (h)

Wish I could help! Hope you land something awesome!

:beer::beer:

DaveInDenver
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Also, please let me know if one of those retired Colonels retires again.
It's the old boy's old boy network. It's a matter of knowing people who know people and work follows. The place I work is no different. Here's a recent bio on the man who started the company with his sons. No surprise why we get work, eh?

http://www.nro.gov/PressReleases/prs_rel96.html

Colonel Raymond E. Anderson, USAF (Ret), pioneered the use of solid-state technology in reconnaissance satellites to extend their operational life spans. In the 1980ís, Colonel Anderson recognized that mechanical tape records were one of the shortest life components and of the most mission-limiting elements in national reconnaissance satellites. His insight resulted in the replacement of mechanical recorders with solid-state recorders. His contributions brought about a significantly improved generation of satellites that continues to provide crucial intelligence essential to U.S. national security. Colonel Andersonís career in national reconnaissance spans from 1966 to the present.

MDH33
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
I have seen job postings for marketing/web in the CL listings.

kvanoort
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Just thought I would bump this to stay top of mind. Somebody must have a friend, neighbor or relative that could use an experienced marketer and ad pro.

Thanks.
:cheers: