PDA

View Full Version : CM 09 FOOD (Turkey????)

bigbluefj
01-16-2009, 07:27 PM
So this year i was thinking of doing something a little different, I have a new outdoor WOK i would like to try out so, i'm looking for idea's on what to do so if any one has an idea that would be great..

:cheers:

Kevin

Uncle Ben
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Woking is always good for you but in Moab most Turkeys drive the trails! :lmao::lmao::lmao: :bowdown::canada:

Red_Chili
01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Start the turkey out in some chicken broth, and reduce. After reduction, add veggies, sear the turkey, and finish with some soy sauce or such (low salt, and use low salt chicken broth too, or you will pucker). Ta da!

RockRunner
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Deep fry the sucker, one of the best ways I know to make a turkey.

bigbluefj
01-17-2009, 12:01 PM
oh don't worry about that deep fry is the only way to do turkey, it's that i have the new WOK and i'm looking to cook something else in the WOK i'm still going to do the turkey just want something else.

Kevin

Red_Chili
01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Oh, well, in that case, tender steak sliced thin and seared quickly in peanut oil and soy. Throw in veggies and some slightly spicy asian sauce and you have Mongolian BBQ.

farnhamstj
01-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Hot wings. Cook um in butter in the wok. Add hot sauce of choice, reduce heat. Simmer and consume with large amounts of Canadian Beer.

RockRunner
01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Hot wings. Cook um in butter in the wok. Add hot sauce of choice, reduce heat. Simmer and consume with large amounts of Canadian Beer.

I'm in I'll bring some of that Canadian beer:beer: I'll even bring some of that really good home brewed beer:cheers:

Trapper50cal
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Duck Breast strips in a snowpea, broccoli and carrot teriyaki stirfry over rice.

Or Panko breaded buffalo duck strips and homefries

bigbluefj
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Duck Breast strips in a snowpea, broccoli and carrot teriyaki stirfry over rice.

Or Panko breaded buffalo duck strips and homefries

I'll try this at home and see how it turns out never cooked duck before..

Trapper50cal
01-19-2009, 11:18 PM
I make sure to use boneless skinless duck breasts ( I hunt so I just breast them out) so they are lean not oily.

The Buffalo duck strips are AWESOME. Like Hot red chicken with a twist

PhatFJ
01-20-2009, 06:31 AM
How about sesame encrusted, wok fried Ahi Tuna? You also need to use sesame oil as well... WOW is this awesome!! If you want the recipe let me know and I will ask my wife..

bigbluefj
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
How about sesame encrusted, wok fried Ahi Tuna? You also need to use sesame oil as well... WOW is this awesome!! If you want the recipe let me know and I will ask my wife..

So the question would be could you find ahi tuna in moab???

for sure why not..

kevin

farnhamstj
01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
How about bacon and eggs? or just bacon. I'll be by to help you eat it every morning. Maple flavored bacon, peppered bacon, think sliced bacon, even that stuff we call ham.