PDA

View Full Version : Custom brake line (flexible) recommendation

Mendocino
01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that will make custom brake lines? I would prefer one on the north side. I was considering going to Pirtek (http://www.pirtekusa.com/fwp/denver/). Does anyone have any experience with them?

:beer::cheers:

nuclearlemon
01-20-2009, 09:52 PM
never heard of them. i've used aai speed shop

Mendocino
01-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks Ige. I'll give them a try today.:thumb:

Uncle Ben
01-21-2009, 07:46 AM
never heard of them. i've used aai speed shop

x2 on AAI! Mark Williams is here in Louisville too. They wont have pre-made but they sell all the Russel SS products and carry all the fittings.

Beater
01-21-2009, 07:50 AM
x3 aai - whistler bearing as well

Mendocino
01-21-2009, 07:51 AM
...Mark Williams is here in Louisville too...

UB, Who is Mark Williams? Is this a person or a shop or both?:confused:

Uncle Ben
01-21-2009, 08:00 AM
UB, Who is Mark Williams? Is this a person or a shop or both?:confused:

The dragster axle and chassis guys? Surely you have heard of them? http://www.markwilliams.com/

Mendocino
01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
The dragster axle and chassis guys? Surely you have heard of them? http://www.markwilliams.com/

Thanks. And no, I had not heard of them. It has been a very long time since I owned a dragster.:D

Uncle Ben
01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks. And no, I had not heard of them. It has been a very long time since I owned a dragster.:D

Just whip out the gold card and get busy on that! MW has been a huge name in the performance world for a very long time.

Mendocino
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Just whip out the gold card and get busy on that! MW has been a huge name in the performance world for a very long time.

LOL! I have enough expensive hobbies. I had a 102" Slingshot when I lived near Fremont Raceway. I never got it on the track and sold the chassis for $500 (cheap). I found out a week later that my rail was actually the first one to break 8 seconds. The guy I sold it to took the chassis to a nostalgia drag on a trailer. The guy that originally built it bought it in the spot for $6K. This was the Saturday after I sold it.:(

Oh well. I have Cruisers for my motorhead fix these days...:)

Mendocino
01-22-2009, 06:54 AM
I called Mark Williams in Louisville yesterday and they said they don't do anything metric.:(

I called Pirtek and they said they can do it while I wait. I'll check them out today and if that doesn't work I'll go to AAI.

Uncle Ben
01-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I called Mark Williams in Louisville yesterday and they said they don't do anything metric.:(

I called Pirtek and they said they can do it while I wait. I'll check them out today and if that doesn't work I'll go to AAI.

Very interesting! I do find it odd that the 10m x 1 brake fittings I have got from them are not metric!

Mendocino
01-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Very interesting! I do find it odd that the 10m x 1 brake fittings I have got from them are not metric!

LOL! I found it odd too. I told him specifically that they were 10mm x 1mm and he said he did not have them.:confused:

Mendocino
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I ended up going to AAI since it was closer to the office. He had what I needed in stock so I didn't even have to wait. I'll definitely use AAI again.

PabloCruise
01-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Not sure what you are working on?

When I lifted my 40 I used factory lines from NAPA to extend my brake lines...

Mendocino
01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Not sure what you are working on?

When I lifted my 40 I used factory lines from NAPA to extend my brake lines...

I rotated my rear springs to get the additional 3.5" of wheel base and needed a longer brake line.

Rezarf
01-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I used someone over in the louisville Tech area, by the railroad crossing on Dillon and what is that 42(?), I can't remember the name of the company but they made me some custom lines for my mini-truck to sag p/s conversion. Made them while I waited, they were top notch! and CHEAP!

Drew

Uncle Ben
01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
I used someone over in the louisville Tech area, by the railroad crossing on Dillon and what is that 42(?), I can't remember the name of the company but they made me some custom lines for my mini-truck to sag p/s conversion. Made them while I waited, they were top notch! and CHEAP!

Drew

Oh....forgot about that place....awesome resource! McCoy Sales (http://www.mccoysales.com/Fluid/FluidMain.html). They made up the custom PS lines on my V8J-62 and on the previous steering setup on the 40. I have also had them make up hydro lines for the tractors.

Mendocino
01-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Drew

Fantastic! This is right down the hill from me!:thumb:

Cruiserdrew
01-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Look for a "Brake Quip" dealer. They can make any line in any fitting while you wait. It will cost roughly $30 per hose and well worth it. They even test them to 3000 psi in front of you.

There should be one near you. I have 2 shops within an hour's drive of me, so they are not uncommon.

Uncle Ben
01-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Look for a "Brake Quip" dealer. They can make any line in any fitting while you wait. It will cost roughly $30 per hose and well worth it. They even test them to 3000 psi in front of you.

There should be one near you. I have 2 shops within an hour's drive of me, so they are not uncommon.

Another great tip! Looks like Denver is the closest according to their map (http://www.brakequip.com/maps.html)....

Rezarf
01-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh....forgot about that place....awesome resource! McCoy Sales (http://www.mccoysales.com/Fluid/FluidMain.html). They made up the custom PS lines on my V8J-62 and on the previous steering setup on the 40. I have also had them make up hydro lines for the tractors.

Yup that is them, the guy was Uber nice and made a great part in minutes to my exact specs... all for 30 bucks!

:thumb: