PDA

View Full Version : Denver Radio Club Meeting

Mendocino
01-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I am going to the Denver Radio Club's monthly meeting tomorrow night and wanted to know if anyone else was interested in attending. I have never been to one of their meetings but am told that their signal to noise ratio is quite good. PM me if you want to participate and maybe we could meet for a quick dinner beforehand.:)

Here is the link: http://www.w0tx.org/

January 21st at the St. Joseph's Episcopal Church, 11202 West Jewell Ave., Lakewood, CO. That is about two blocks West of Kipling on West Jewell

:cheers:

Shark Bait
01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Say hello to Robert White for me.

JohnInDenver
01-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Just saw your email. I was there. There were quite a few people, mainly white haired like me. For now I see HAM as a way to communicate during an activity, like wheeling. For most at the meeting it seemed like HAM was mainly a hobby.
Interesting info on building and using a Quagi antenna.

John
KD0DCU

Mendocino
01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I ended up staying home and working on the 2009 budget. Glad you found it interesting. I'm sure all my gray hair would have fit right in.;)

Just saw your email. I was there. There were quite a few people, mainly white haired like me. For now I see HAM as a way to communicate during an activity, like wheeling. For most at the meeting it seemed like HAM was mainly a hobby.
Interesting info on building and using a Quagi antenna.

John
KD0DCU