PDA

View Full Version : Utility Trailer - Trade Use

LARGEONE
01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
A few years back when I sold my pickup truck and purchased a new (2005) V8 4-Runner, I bought and refurbished a utility trailer to fill in where the truck bed was needed. When we moved into our new house, the trailer proved invaluable for picking up landscape supplies.

The trailer is also great for picking up large Land Cruiser parts!!! With this use in mind, I would like to offer up use of my trailer (it just sits in my garage!) to club members who might need short-term use of the trailer. In return, I will likely need simple technical advice when working on my 80 series. For example, I don't even know how to re-pack my axles!!! Or, maybe you can give me basic welding advice? I'm currently trying to figure out how to mount a hi-lift and also want to cut a 2" receiver through my bumper to gain clearance (current set-up is below the bumper). I have a willingness to learn and a garage full of tools, but I'm not a mechanic!

So, if you have a need to borrow the trailer, come get it (or I can meet you). I live in N. Broomfield near Sheridan and 144th. It doesn't have to be a 1-for-1 exchange. I actually don't mind if you use my trailer and don't help me with anything!!! I just know that I am going to need a lot of tech and welding help and this trailer is about all I have to offer up in return (or maybe some framing, tiling, home-improvement help!). I know Ige needs to use...she always has 4 huge tires or something else stuffed into the back of her 80!!!

Go ahead, take advantage of me!!!

Here is a pic of the trailer attached to the 4-Runner that I sold to get my 80 Series (the 4-Runner was way too nice for my lifestyle). The trailer is 5'X10' and has a single 3500# axle. I have wood sides that I clamp on when picking up mulch, etc. and it now has a spare tire. The tires on the trailer look like passenger tires, so I wouldn't load it to the max, but it can still hold a lot.

PM me if interested.

RockRunner
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the offer, I am sure there will be members who will take yo up on your offer.

chtucker
01-25-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't need the use of the trailer right now, but you are welcome to my seal installer, snap ring pliers, Torque wrench and my seal puller... All of which I just used to do the front end of my 80.

LARGEONE
01-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Thank you for the offer on the tools!

I'll have to read a bunch of threads on how to use them first!!!

chtucker
01-25-2009, 01:57 PM
If you want, I will be staying in Denver for 10 days at the end of February... If you want I could help you with your rebuild then. That would give you time to get parts from Slee and such... I spent about $250 in parts.....but I did not do wheel bearings..

treerootCO
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
The wheel bearing packing party is coming up as well. I can also offer to help depending on the timing. I need to do mine and Simps80 already bought the parts for his. If you ever need a fullsize car hauler and an Diesel GMC to pull it, let me know. It just sits in the yard...

This pic will get a giggle from those that know I live in the ghetto. :D

Mendocino
01-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Largerone,

I live NE of 144th and Lowell. I suspect you are within a 1.5 miles of me. If you need help I am willing and generally am pretty handy (although my 80 knowledge is limited).

:cheers:

Jeff

LARGEONE
01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks, Jeff. That's great to know. I live in Wildgrass just north of Holy Family. I can see the little reservoir behind the school from my house!

Mike D...If I need your car hauler, it probably means my HG blew or something else major happened, so I hope I don't need it!!! It's great to know someone has one, though! When I had my 40, there were about 50 times I needed one!

Mendocino
01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Mike,
Is the trailier available for use during CM? I would like to trailer my 40 and pull it with my diesel Superduty. I'd be happy to service all the wheel bearing in exchange for its use.:)

PM me if this is an option.

:cheers:

Jeff

The wheel bearing packing party is coming up as well. I can also offer to help depending on the timing. I need to do mine and Simps80 already bought the parts for his. If you ever need a fullsize car hauler and an Diesel GMC to pull it, let me know. It just sits in the yard...

This pic will get a giggle from those that know I live in the ghetto. :D

Caribou Sandstorm
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
That is how you should arrive at CM09 pulling that beautiful 80 on a trailer..total Cadilac set up, put a RTT on the pick up or a camper..