PDA

View Full Version : Needed For Fellow Pig Owner: Late 2F Head

PabloCruise
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
My neighbor bought Chet's (from Walden) old Pig.

He does not get online much, but loves his Pig.

He actually was an old VW Bug enthusiast, until he saw my first Pig and got hooked.

Anyway, I saw him yesterday in his Pig and he complained she wasn't running well, and also had crappy heat.

We popped the hood and saw the coolant reservoir bubbling. I popped the cap off the overflow and it smelled like gas. Tailpipe did not smell like coolant though... :confused:

Anyway, I think my buddy is looking at head gasket or cracked head. He is looking for a "builder" head he can prep before he pulls the Pig off the road.

I think Chet had an early FJ60 2F in this Pig.

If anyone has a spare head they can part with, let me know. I know Wes would appreciate it!

:thumb:

Bruiser
01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
This is certainly more than you need but saw this posting on Craigslist for a 2F and transmission. http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1001105094.html

LARGEONE
01-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Bruiser, you beat me to it. I saw that too and thought someone in the club might be interested...maybe a couple people for extras?!

timmbuck2
01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
hmm....I also need to do a headgasket job on the 76...maybe we should find a good 2f head and do a head swap...he takes the head and preps it and installs it and give sthe old head to the next person...on down the line...

wesintl
01-27-2009, 03:52 PM
76 has dome pistons heads where the late 2f doesn't. This in turn has a difference in heads. The 76 will go on a late 2f with some heavy shaving but not vise versa. I wouldn't trust someone giving me their 2f head as a next in line swap. I've seen too many cracked ones.

timmbuck2
01-27-2009, 04:01 PM
76 has dome pistons heads where the late 2f doesn't. This in turn has a difference in heads. The 76 will go on a late 2f with some heavy shaving but not vise versa. I wouldn't trust someone giving me their 2f head as a next in line swap. I've seen too many cracked ones.

good points....just a wacky idea. :)

T

PabloCruise
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys!