PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers for CM 2009

Romer
01-28-2009, 09:33 PM
On Tuesday evening, we need help setting up the tech inspection tents, stuffing packets and unloading. Usually we don’t define volunteers. Who ever is around helps with the setup.

Shifts of 5 mean that we need 5 people per shift, shifts run all day. The length of the shifts is dependant on the number of volunteers.

Tech inspection in shifts of 5 all day wednesday (Shifts), and 2 early the next 3 days

Wednesday
1st Shift
Farnham
Randy
Ken Romer
Troy Demill

Wednesday
2nd Shift
Terry Holben
Mike Koons
Nick Hudson

Thursday
Steve Crase
Mike Koons
Nick Hudson

Friday
Jack Hooper

Registration in shifts of 3 or 4 all day wednesday and 1 early thur and fri

Wednesday
1st Shift
Will (Rock Wagon)
Wills wife (Jo)
Dee
Rachel Romer
Sarah Romer

Wednesday
2nd Shift
Matt Farr
Jeff Zettl
Steve Brady

Thursday

Friday

Dinner on Friday. we need a total of 16 volunteers to cover both shifts. We appreciate it if all who are there help with the setup, unloading of the trailer and packup at the end.

First Shift
Martin
Kim
Matt (Jacket)
Marco
Sarah Romer
Jack Hooper
Matt Shellman
Terry Holben

Second Shift
Scott Yoder
Tom Rompies
John (in Denver)
Steve Brady
Jeff Hamilton
Dee Hamilton
Jeff Zettl
Bill Morgan
Timm B

MDH33
01-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Kim and I will volunteer at the dinner on Friday. We would volunteer for the other days, but since we're doing the overnight run, I don't think we'll be around Slickrock much until Friday.

farnhamstj
01-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Our family will arrive tuesday some time. Put me down for tech wed am or pm. Dee and I can help set up, stuff bags or pass out shirts or whatever wed also. I can help unload at the Dinner. But we are not staying for dinner or raffle. We're planning on hanging around with the kids before the meal and playing with the Cowboy and Cowgirl stuff. I figure the dinner is always sold out and the rest of the fam is not so excited about the chicken or beef. We'll be chilling at campsite 175

rover67
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I'll also be doing the overnight run... but you can put Allison and myself down for dinner on friday.

JadeRunner
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Put me down for second shift dinner and pack up.

RockRunner
01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I can do tech inspection again. I should be able to start around 4-5 wednesday afternoon. Also the friday dinner should be good, second shift please.

rock_wagon
01-30-2009, 08:24 AM
We will be in Tuesday afternoon and can help with setup.

Both my wife (Jo) and I can help in either the morning or afternoon on Wed with what ever you need.

THANKS!

RockRunner
02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I can do tech inspection again. I should be able to start around 4-5 Wednesday afternoon. Also the Friday dinner should be good, second shift please. Also i will gun on the trails. no leading for me yet :(

Jacket
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I think I'll arrive Wednesday, and can help with stuffing, unloading, etc.

Friday 1st shift/raffle help as well.

I'd be happy to run gunner on any of my runs as well.

Vitesse_6
02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I will have nothing to do after helping with the overnighter, If my services are needed let me know, I may head home Sat.
Thanks

Air Randy
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Dee and I should be arriving Tuesday afternoon, so we can help with the unload and setup. Were not doing the overnight trip so I'm thinking you can sign me up for tech inspection and sign Dee up for registration duty on Wednesday. We'll be glad to help out where ever needed to fill gaps the following days.

Mendocino
02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
The Hamilton's are arriving on Monday. I will be doing the overnight run and Ann will stay in camp with the kids. Other than restrictions due to the overnight run we are happy to help out anywhere needed.

JohnInDenver
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I can help Thursday (after getting back from the Wednesday overnight trip) as well as Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Except for trail work, I've helped out with various activities at http://www.tdsdesertsafari.com for several years (plus this one:) and am willing to do whatever is needed at Cruise Moab.

John
KDODCU

FJBRADY
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
We get in Wednesday afternoon with trail rides Th, F, S and would be happy to help where needed.

Red_Chili
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I can help Thursday (also after getting back from the Wednesday overnight trip).

Leading Cliffhanger Friday.
Gunning Wipe Out Saturday :bowdown: http://www.plaidavenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/inspector_gadget.jpg
or so I am told. Of course I will lend an informal hand where needed.

JadeRunner
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I think Ken is looking for specific time slots based on his post so he can count on enough people helping at certain times. Sounds logical to me.

rover67
02-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Good point. Put allison and myself down for first shift dinner.

Romer
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Updated list, please make corrections or additions as needed

Romer
02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Based on our continued success, we have decided to provide something back to those who volunteer. If you volunteer and staff a minimum of two shifts for a minimum of two hours each, then the Cruise Moab Committee will pay your TLCA dues for a year. If you're current, it will just extend it.

Those that lead or gun a trail will count as two shifts for the days run. Trail Leaders will also recive $$ compensation for leading a trail. However, Volunteers for Laeders and Gunners are not handled here. Greg Luer (Cheesman) is the trail boss and decides those slots.

This is a win-win. It provides thanks to those who work hard to support the event and cash flow for the TLCA.

We will need volunteers at Registration and tech Inspection Weds, Thur and Fri. Wednesday is all day comprised of 2-3 shifts, more shifts if there are more volunteers. The rest is just before the runs.

Typically, the largest need for volunteers is the dinner. The work last about 2 to 2.5 hours, but we break it into two shifts so people can have dinner and socialize with the folks who come for an hour. This alone will require 15-20 volunteers to work the raffle/merchandise sales over two shifts. The dinner shift only counts as an hour. However, if you help setup/breakdown or just help out in General anytime during the event, you're covered and will get credit for a two hour shift between that and working the dinner.

LiveRust
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Romer, my fellow lx450 man. Why don't you put me down for helping with the tech stuff Wednesday. Good chance to check out all the vehicles while lending a hand.
I was originally scheduled to run on the overnighter but told them to pull my name so others could sign up. I'll come play with you guys.

Troy

Romer
02-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Romer, my fellow lx450 man. Why don't you put me down for helping with the tech stuff Wednesday. Good chance to check out all the vehicles while lending a hand.
I was originally scheduled to run on the overnighter but told them to pull my name so others could sign up. I'll come play with you guys.

Troy

Thanks Troy

Romer
02-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Still have some spots open :D

LETSROLL
02-21-2009, 11:58 AM
My Wife and I would like to help Tuesday night. We're not real technical so truck inspection wouldn't be our thing but glad to pitch in where needed.

Tch2fly
02-21-2009, 12:35 PM
My Wife and I would like to help Tuesday night. We're not real technical so truck inspection wouldn't be our thing but glad to pitch in where needed.

Great, thanks you (and everyone else :D) for offering your time. :thumb:

I realize that there might be a tendency to think Tech inspection requires mechanical skills. While we do need (and have) mechanically minded folks on each shift, we can pair them with the "non-mechanical" volunteers. The less tech savvy volunteers can be the ones to greet drivers, get names on a checklist while verifying they have the required items (CB radio, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, etc) and look at easy stuff like making sure the lights or wipers work.

MDH33
03-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Ken, I'm having to cancel my trip to Moab this year. Sorry that Kim and I won't be able to help with volunteering after we had signed on. :(

Hopefully more people will step up! :thumb:

Hulk
03-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Romer, you can put me in for registration on Wednesday.

corsair23
03-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Hmmm...

I could have swore I posted up here but I guess not :confused:

Anyway, put me down for whatever shift needs people the most for dinner as well as setup/tear down duty. I'll also probably help out at registration on Wednesday depending on what time we roll into town. Definitely need more volunteers for registration! IIRC, Rachel and I were there for most of the day on Wednesday last year which sort of wears you down :)

Mendocino
03-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Is there a schedule so we can see who is in which slot and what slots need to be filled? I posted up early on volunteering my wife and myself but am not sure if we are on the volunteer list.

Romer
03-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Is there a schedule so we can see who is in which slot and what slots need to be filled? I posted up early on volunteering my wife and myself but am not sure if we are on the volunteer list.

1st post of this thread

RockRunner
03-15-2009, 11:42 PM
What do you need to get covered and the time(s). Not sure what time I will get there but willing to do more.

Romer
03-16-2009, 08:18 AM
What do you need to get covered and the time(s). Not sure what time I will get there but willing to do more.

Thanks Tom

rover67
03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll also be doing the overnight run... but you can put Allison and myself down for dinner on friday.

Please take Allison off of the list for help during the first shift of dinner... she won't be able to make it to Moab untill later that night.

Thanks,
Marco

RockRunner
04-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Ken, I am trying to get there Tuesday afternoon instead of Wednesday. If that is the case I can help out with Tech inspection on Wednesday during the first shift. I will let you know ASAP.

FJBRADY
04-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Ken,

I am running Elephant Hill on Thursday and you have me down for Registration Thursday morning. I would be happy to be part of the registration on Wednesday afternoon as I am planning on getting into Moab around 2 ish.

Also you have a "Scott Brady" helping out on the second shift Friday night....do you mean Steve Brady or is there a Scott Brady in RS?

Please advise....also let me know where else you need help.

Thanks,

Steve

Romer
04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Ken,

I am running Elephant Hill on Thursday and you have me down for Registration Thursday morning. I would be happy to be part of the registration on Wednesday afternoon as I am planning on getting into Moab around 2 ish.

Also you have a "Scott Brady" helping out on the second shift Friday night....do you mean Steve Brady or is there a Scott Brady in RS?

Please advise....also let me know where else you need help.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,
I will fix both, thanks for checking