PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Old Toyota Run - "ROT Run" '09

MDH33
01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Date: TBD.

Trail: TBD.

Rigs: Bring out your Rusty, Old Toyota for a trail run! :hill:

Requirements: Any Toyota that has a rust hole big enough to pass a finger (or fist) through.

MtnTrucker's free, rusty and running FJ55, UncleBen's hatred of rust, and the "Relic Run" that Wasatch Cruisers are organizing for this summer gave me the idea for this run. I thought it would be fun to put together a run for all the old, rusty rigs that are ugly but still capable. We'll run a fun trail and let the earth reclaim some iron oxide in the process. We can open this up to some of the other clubs as well.

Open to suggestions for trails and dates, just thought I would throw the idea out there to see if it will fly.

:thumb:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/464689627_X8sCD-S.jpg

Uncle Ben
01-30-2009, 08:30 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Thats awesome Martin! "Good on ya mate!" :thumb: :bowdown::flop:

bh4rnnr
01-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Date: TBD.

Trail: TBD.

Rigs: Bring out your Rusty, Old Toyota for a trail run! :hill:

Requirements: Any Pre-1990 Toyota that has a rust hole big enough to pass a finger (or fist) through.

MtnTrucker's free, rusty and running FJ55, UncleBen's hatred of rust, and the "Relic Run" that Wasatch Cruisers are organizing for this summer gave me the idea for this run. I thought it would be fun to put together a run for all the old, rusty rigs that are ugly but still capable. We'll run a fun trail and let the earth reclaim some iron oxide in the process. We can open this up to some of the other clubs as well.

Open to suggestions for trails and dates, just thought I would throw the idea out there to see if it will fly.

:thumb:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/464689627_X8sCD-S.jpg

I thought the "Relic Run" was going through Expedition Utah?

Either way, would love to tag along if a 4runner with no rust is allowed:confused::beer:

nuclearlemon
01-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Either way, would love to tag along if a 4runner with no rust is allowed:confused::beer:

just drive it behind a city truck when they're spraying mag chloride. you'll fit in in no time.:hill:

Air Randy
01-30-2009, 10:17 PM
That would be "Timmbuck2's free, rusty and running FJ55" now.

I have rust holes almost that size on my 40, you can just barely see them though due to my top secret method of patching rust holes........................clean the edges really good, pucky the hole up with clear silicon, spit on your finger, carefully smooth silicon to glossy smoothness, rattle can paint when dry. Works like a charm, and unlike bondo, never cracks and falls out :homer:

MDH33
01-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I thought the "Relic Run" was going through Expedition Utah?

You're correct, the Relic Run is an EU event. :)

Bring your 'Runner! Just make sure it's nice and dirty. :thumb:

That would be "Timmbuck2's free, rusty and running FJ55" now.

What? The other 5 or 6 non-running cruisers he has weren't enough? ;) :lmao: :bolt:

I have rust holes almost that size on my 40, you can just barely see them though due to my top secret method of patching rust holes........................clean the edges really good, pucky the hole up with clear silicon, spit on your finger, carefully smooth silicon to glossy smoothness, rattle can paint when dry. Works like a charm, and unlike bondo, never cracks and falls out :homer:

Any 40, 45, or 55 would be perfect for this run. Most likely they're either outright rusty or hiding it somewhere. :hill:

timmbuck2
01-31-2009, 11:43 AM
HEY! This cruiser actually runs!! :hill:

I would be honored to bring ole rusty to the run...but I may be swapping over the 74 body I have onto it so it might not qualify! And for the record, I only have 3 non running cruisers now. ;) Does my 80 count? It is in pieces at Oleg's...

T

You're correct, the Relic Run is an EU event. :)

Bring your 'Runner! Just make sure it's nice and dirty. :thumb:

What? The other 5 or 6 non-running cruisers he has weren't enough? ;) :lmao: :bolt:

Any 40, 45, or 55 would be perfect for this run. Most likely they're either outright rusty or hiding it somewhere. :hill:

RockRunner
01-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I can dring mine, it has rust in all the ussual places.

Jacket
02-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Hmmm - I feel like I'm being penalized for fixing my rust....:p: