PDA

View Full Version : pre-meeting ham

nakman
02-03-2009, 09:25 PM
It's been pretty fun the last few months to chat it up on the way to the OTB, the meeting, etc. Also have found on the way in to work in the morning a lot more of you seem to be listening, since meeting day is "take your truck to work day" for a lot of us.

So turn that radio on tomorrow, both in the AM and PM. If you don't hear anything, shout out your call, you may be surprised who answers back.. :eek: :D

Uncle Ben
02-04-2009, 02:29 AM
It's been pretty fun the last few months to chat it up on the way to the OTB, the meeting, etc. Also have found on the way in to work in the morning a lot more of you seem to be listening, since meeting day is "take your truck to work day" for a lot of us.

So turn that radio on tomorrow, both in the AM and PM. If you don't hear anything, shout out your call, you may be surprised who answers back.. :eek: :D

I usually always shout out on 146.460 when I'm mobile. I'm just not into the 145 crowd at all and most of the time have that side of the radio turned down to silent.

DaveInDenver
02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
since meeting day is "take your truck to work day" for a lot of us. I drive my truck to work everyday!
FWIW, I usually throw out a call every day in the morning and evening, on simplex 146.460. I'm not surprised that no one responds in the AM, it's usually pretty early (starting lately around 6:30, so I'm on the road at 6:15AM). But in the evening I get no response. That's usually about 5:30 to 6PM and thought for sure someone would be listening!