PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

Hulk
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Anyone using Netflix?

I just rented a video at Hollywood Video last night, and they have raised their prices to $5 for a single rental -- more for a Blu ray! :rant:

I'm thinking Netflix might be a good deal.

timmbuck2
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
love netflix! been using it for 6 or 7 years now...never had a problem

corsair23
02-09-2009, 09:14 PM
We use the Blockbuster version...We like it because if you return the movie to the store vs. mailing it back, you get to rent another movie for free. This is in addition to the next movie on your list that they send you through the mail. You don't get to rent a new release or anything but there are tons of kids movies and movies in general that we haven't see.

Caribou Sandstorm
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Netflix Rocks!

Blockbuster is the devil, I hope it goes out of business and rots in hell...

Was that too strong of an opinion?

nakman
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Really like Netflix. Never have to go to a video store, ever again.. and the mail process is super fast, if you put one in Monday's mail you've got a new movie by Wednesday, Thursday latest, which is perfect if you only plan on staying up late on the weekend.

Just don't put the Thomas the Tank Engine movie you got in the library into the Netflix envelope, then mail it back. AMHIK... :doh:

Azrael
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Also, don't leave the DVDs on a table a puppy can reach.

And Chris, not too strong of an opinion at all. Down with LackLuster.

pmccumber
02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Netflix put return centers all over the country and there is one right here in Denver. I am always shocked at how fast I get the email that they got our return and then shocked again at how fast one shows up in the mailbox. If I drop it in the box on Monday, they have it Tuesday and out usually the same day. Really cool.

I did make the mistake of giving my wife the account info so we're on a tear of Mama Mia, Bewitched, and a mess of 18th century period pieces.

nuclearlemon
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
i also like it although this time around, i seem to get more discs with issues (scratches that cause the movie to stop or return to a previous screen) than i did the first time around.

i joined netflix years ago shortly after they first came out and had no issues then. as mentioned, turn around is fast. i do the 3 at a time plan.

i did leave them a couple years ago when they increased prices and went to blockbuster and it really seems like every single movie was scratched beyond playable, so i went back to netflix for the buck or so extra a month.

Maddmatt
02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I've hated Blockbuster for years, finally got fed up about a month ago and joined netflix. So far we love it. The kids and I sat down and put about 20 movies in our queue - we send it back on Monday and have a new one by Wednesday - so far no skips, no problems, no $5 to rent a 20 year old movie, and no Blockbuster headaches. I'll never go back, not when netflix only costs me $9/month.

Jacket
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I've been thinking about Netflix as well. Seems like a good deal, especially since they give you different payment options depending on how much you think you'll use it. I just don't reallly like the idea of yet another reoccuring monthly payment.....

treerootCO
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
The idea of a recurring monthly payment is the only reason I haven't joined. Nathaniel will be glad to hear I canceled my cable and refuse to get a converter box from the government.

nakman
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey Netflix actually mailed back that movie. It was Bob the Builder, not Thomas... but anyway that was pretty cool I thought.

LARGEONE
02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I canX'd my netflix subscription a couple months back (just wasn't watching many movies!) and then last week they e-mailed me an offer to join for like $4.50 per month (one movie at a time)!!! I'll have to check and see how long that price lasts, but it would definitely be worth that!!!