View Full Version : what are these misc. parts?

02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I recently found a box of misc. parts that came from the PO of my 40. I think these are pieces to secure the jack under the seat...but I really have no clue. So...what's what in these pics?? thanks!!

02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
My guesses....

1. bracket for holding one end of the bottle jack
2. looks more like a doohickey for a spare tire swingout.
3. bracket for the end of that big rubber band that probably dried up and broke 20 years ago.
4. rear seat support bracket
5. spring for the side cowl vent? Or else it's the spring for the sliding mechanism of the driver's seat.
6. front seat support brackets?

02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
6. looks a lot like the windshield brackets the big knobs screw into. Usually not bolted though.

02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
1. bracket for holding one end of the bottle jack - Agree with Nakman
2. I'm thinking stock rollbar attachment deal where a 3pt belt would attach too?
3. Looks like a wire loom support dealyo
4. No clue
5. Gas pedal/brake pedal return spring?
6. Those remind me of the rear barn door catch plates that were on my '76 but they look too big. Maybe a rear tire carrier "bumper"? (http://www.sor.com/sor/cat142.tam?xax=2823&page%2Ectx=cat142%2Etam)

If I get one of these right I'll be impressed :hill:

02-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I think #1 is for holding the bottle jack rods, but I've never seen such a thing as that myself so I don't know.
My first thought with #2 is hi-lift handle clamp, but don't know.
#3 - It looks like it might hold a vacuum hose inside the engine bay? Look on the firewall for any open holes?
Tim's #4 I think is correct.
Jeff's #5 is almost correct, but I think it may be for the clutch.
Treeroot's #6 I think is correct, and I have seen them bolted as well as spot-welded.

02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
1 - jack rod holder
2 - looks like a roll bar bracket but I really can't place it.
3 - looks like it mount near the ps gear and either hold a hose or brake line can't remember
4 - seat bracket
5 - clutch fork spring
6 - not sure. could be windshield knob brackets. I always saw the ones that were part of the frame.

02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
one is for holding the jack rods, not the jack,
two is a heater hose cover (goes up by the heater itself where rubber hose clamps on)
three a hose stand off, can't remember where it goes
four is seat bracket
five, might be pedal return spring
six is the windshield side where the knob screws in as mentioned, treeroot needs to check his out cause they do screw on ;)

02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Do 40's have that throttle cable running around the valve cover? If so I'm changing my vote in #3 to that thing, looks just like that cable holder deal in the engine.

02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I think Ige got them all correct except for the spring. My guess is spring that goes between the slave cylinder bracket hanger and clutch fork on a 3 speeder.

Shark Bait
02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes. Ige is correct. I'm trying to think of where #3 goes.

I've got a pile of old FJ40 parts I'd love to get rid of. Maybe I'll have to take some pictures of my own. :D

02-13-2009, 09:33 AM
I was thinking #3 holds the parking brake cable below the body, stops it from dangeling. #5 belongs to the carb. Otherwise I agree tith Ige.