PDA

View Full Version : don't forget about me and my Baby

thenimirra
02-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I know you all have your own rigs to be working on, but everytime I look at my FJ 40 I feel miserable. I need some direction to get her up and going. Can anyone spare some concentrated time with me doing the routine maintenance work and then teaching me how to drive stick?

Work and the photography business and everything else just keeps getting in the way, but I have to make time for the FJ so I can be on the trails this summer.

I'm thinking a weekday evening might be good for an hour or two of work. Just let me know what day works for you and I will make it happen! Thank you all! I won't let this project die and just have the FJ sitting pretty in the garage, but I'm too afraid to get at it without some direction.

You can just sit and have a beer and tell me what to do!

Ron Helmuth
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
I am glad to try to teach you to drive stick. Teaching my 16 year old now.

Can't help with the 40 itself though. Mechanical nudnik here. I can do sparkplugs if nothing is in the way...

40 views and no one stepping up?

MDH33
02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
bring it to the WBPP

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=9090

:thumb:

RockRunner
02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Martin you just beat me to it.

Sheba, if you learn to drive your stick before the WBPP you can have the pros help you but most importantly you get to work on your without fear. You can't do major things but even simple maintenance can be done all the way up to redoing your front end. Contact Ricardo and let him know what you want to do, he can tell you if we have the time or not.

Since you already have an offer to teach you how to drive a stick you are 3/4's there.

What area do you live in, maybe somebody else can tutor you in addition to your driving. I may be able to help too, just depends on where when and well that is about it.

Let us know where you live.

Air Randy
02-19-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not familiar with your rig, whats wrong with it?

Rezarf
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah, what needs to be done? Or is that the question ;)

Have you driven it before?
What have you done already?
Again, where are you at, maybe someone is close?