PDA

View Full Version : Black Hills Cruiser Classic - sign up

Uncle Ben
02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Anybody signed up yet? BHCC'09 (http://www.dakotacruisers.com/bhcc_info/bhcc.shtml)

Tch2fly
02-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Wanted to go but those dates Drew and I will be in Europe.

Although we are hoping to do some offroading in England (http://www.tanks-alot.co.uk/galleries/crush-a-car/) while we are there :D

Uncle Ben
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Wanted to go but those dates Drew and I will be in Europe.

Although we are hoping to do some offroading in England (http://www.tanks-alot.co.uk/galleries/crush-a-car/) while we are there :D

OMG thats funny! Showed a couple of the girls and they both said "I want to do that!" Have fun!

nuclearlemon
02-18-2009, 04:43 PM
they didn't have the dates up when i got vaca time off, but i did tell the boss that i wanted time in june, now that i know the dates, i'll get it requested:thumb:

bigbluefj
02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
So is there a group going like we had for the rubicon??

Jethro
02-18-2009, 08:36 PM
We are planning to attend this year. Chrissy's hubby, Tyler has never seen the Black Hills and why the heck not?

bigbluefj
02-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I just need to know so when i sign up i can tell them i'm with the RS group..

Hulk
02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I think I am good for those dates. Yipee!

AxleIke
02-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Hmmm...I gotta see what the dates look like at work. This could work.

RockRunner
02-19-2009, 11:48 AM
What are the dates? I can't get out to their site, damn work.

Romer
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I want to go, have to wait and see.

Have a trip in late June to visit my wifes brother and my cousin is getting married in Costa Rica in November. May also need to squeeze in a trip for Bonni and I

Tch2fly
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
What are the dates? I can't get out to their site, damn work.

July 15-19 IIRC

RockRunner
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks Mike, appreciate it. Now I can bug the wife and see if we can go.

Caribou Sandstorm
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Those are the same dates for the FJC Ouray Summit. Last year we had over 280 FJCs attend.

Suffice to say, if you all go to the Black Hills event, you will be virtually FJC free.

If you do not go, I was hoping a few of you might be able to swing through town and see the Tent/vendor set up, it is really nice. Last year we had a few FJ40's around, doing trails on their own but stopping in to say hi.

Last year Pagosa Mike's FJ40 was on hand at Mark's Metal Tech booth. Mike came for the Saturday night Dinner, Mark brought to kegs of very fine beer from the Northwest region..

I could arrange for a few extra dinners for the Saturday night party when I register and you could run your own trails all day Saturday, if you like.

Might be fun to run BlackBear in the afternoon and crash the party Saturday night?? I know you would all be welcome.

Just let me know if anyone is considering and I will give Jason a heads up.

Convert
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Need to look at the calendar and talk to the:Princess:UB do you have any trail recommendations for the 80's.Don't want my truck to look like Romers after Flat and Nasty. :bolt:

rock_wagon
02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
We are going! Vacation locked in and the :Princess: is on board!

Convert
02-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Alright BHCC is on the calendar and I will be sending our registration in this weekend.

bigbluefj
02-20-2009, 08:08 PM
So if i go with there route i would travel 1,570 km 16-9 mins or

976mi 16-3 min's nice day's drive. Now that's to Wild Bill's Campground

Kevin

Beachboy
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
We won the free registration last year, we will be back.

Convert
02-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Talked to Keith at Wild Bills on Sunday and booked a cabin. Trudy and I will be in cabin 6. They still have cabin 1 and 2 which is the duplex and cabin 7 available. Spoke with Rhonda tonight about registration and our check will be in the mail tomorrow!:woot:From my conversation with Rhonda here are a few tips: 1)If you are renting a cabin check the not camping box and ignore the # of passengers box just note on the registration the number of additional dinners needed 2) If you need RV full hookups check the camping box and note it on the form that you need hookups. 3) You will pick your trails there they don't do trail assignments :thumb:

Convert
02-23-2009, 09:27 PM
not finding a mail addresses for the registrations am I missing something?

bigbluefj
02-23-2009, 09:29 PM
who wants to go in on a cabin???

kevin

Beachboy
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
No you didn't miss the address. I didn't see it either. But I do have it.
Dakota Terrirory Cruisers
P.O. Box 2238
Rapid City, SD. 57709

Rock Dog
03-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Kevin, i need to check monday to see if i can go, if so i will split a cabin, if any are left by then... i was thinking on going out to Rubicon again, but have never done BHCC... and it is closer..

Neil.

bigbluefj
03-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Neil thats why i'm going to the BHCC it's closer, after going to the Rubicon with everyone the drive from here would be killer...

i hope there's a cabin also shoot me an email when you know...

Kevin

nuclearlemon
03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
could anybody get the adobe thing to work where you can type right onto the page?

i couldn't, so i printed and will be sending it off today.:thumb:

Convert
03-07-2009, 10:00 AM
could anybody get the adobe thing to work where you can type right onto the page?

i couldn't, so i printed and will be sending it off today.:thumb:

No I could not get it to work either, I did finally find the address it is at the very bottom of the main page

AxleIke
03-12-2009, 04:35 PM
So....What do the veterans recommend a small mini truck look at running out in SD?

mtncrsr
03-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Our family is looking at possibly going. My oldest daughter has a youth missions trip out in the Black Hills the week after BHCC. We will look at logistics and see if we can swing it.:o

Man Jerk
03-13-2009, 09:19 AM
So....What do the veterans recommend a small mini truck look at running out in SD?

You could run

Jakeberry
Dugans Prospect
Calamity Canyon

You may be able to do Iceman which is a really fun trail. Most of the big obstacles are optional, but there are a couple of ledges that are kinda tough.

I really wish I could go. I've been to 2 and it is a blast of an event.

AxleIke
03-13-2009, 10:55 AM
You could run

Jakeberry
Dugans Prospect
Calamity Canyon

You may be able to do Iceman which is a really fun trail. Most of the big obstacles are optional, but there are a couple of ledges that are kinda tough.

I really wish I could go. I've been to 2 and it is a blast of an event.

Hmmm.

I like the looks of Jakeberry and Iceman. Maybe run either Dugans, or Calamity for a warm up on the first day.

Thanks!!!!

Uncle Ben
03-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Hmmm.

I like the looks of Jakeberry and Iceman. Maybe run either Dugans, or Calamity for a warm up on the first day.

Thanks!!!!

Jakeberry and Iceman are really fun medium trails! Iceman is a winner of a tougher medium trail but it is a hot mofo! Not much are moving around in that deep boxed canyon! Also, if you run Iceman sweet talk/insist the leader of the run take you to the Ice Cave at the end. Not normally part of the run but a "cool" place to visit for sure! Another fun and easier medium trail is Calamity Canyon! It is the actual road that parallels the canyon bottom that is Hal Johns. You get enough obstacles to entertain you and your mildly built rig plus you get the treat of watching the hard core guys below you break their junk!

AxleIke
03-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Jakeberry and Iceman are really fun medium trails! Iceman is a winner of a tougher medium trail but it is a hot mofo! Not much are moving around in that deep boxed canyon! Also, if you run Iceman sweet talk/insist the leader of the run take you to the Ice Cave at the end. Not normally part of the run but a "cool" place to visit for sure! Another fun and easier medium trail is Calamity Canyon! It is the actual road that parallels the canyon bottom that is Hal Johns. You get enough obstacles to entertain you and your mildly built rig plus you get the treat of watching the hard core guys below you break their junk!

Sounds perfect.

I figure Calamity to see how I do. Should I decide SD rocks are too big, I can run some of the easier medium runs comparable to calamity. If Calamity is fun, but not too hard, I can step up to Jakeberry and Iceman. Have to talk to some locals to make sure I won't be a drag on the group for the harder section on Jakeberry. One part says a 3, the other says 4+. Seems like I can bail before the 4+ part though.

Maybe get to see you busting things on Hal Johns then. :D

Uncle Ben
03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Sounds perfect.

I figure Calamity to see how I do. Should I decide SD rocks are too big, I can run some of the easier medium runs comparable to calamity. If Calamity is fun, but not too hard, I can step up to Jakeberry and Iceman. Have to talk to some locals to make sure I won't be a drag on the group for the harder section on Jakeberry. One part says a 3, the other says 4+. Seems like I can bail before the 4+ part though.

Your mini can easily handle Iceman! The rocks in SD are differant than here although they look the same. Here the rocks are part of the mountain and in SD they move! Have always heard and I too pass on the saying of "Black Hills....land of the moving rocks." The trail are not the same for any two vehicles! Here is a pic of Mumm in Tigger doing Jake....Tig is not locked in the front!
http://www.dakotacruisers.com/the_trails/descriptions/photos/jake.jpg

Uncle Ben
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Booked! Cabin #2 (which was the last cabin BTW) Wife's having shoulder surgery on 4/1 so we can make it afterall....woo hoo! Now I need to get my fat arse in gear and get the Crawler done!

BTW....I did full price sign up and booked a cabin so if the fam does not go with me I'll have the cabin available if someone needs it. If I do stay in the cabin I will just donate the extra money to SDOHVCO

Romer
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Do they have woreless at the campground? Or would my Verizon card work.

Rachel wants to go but she would need connectivity for school

Uncle Ben
03-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Do they have woreless at the campground? Or would my Verizon card work.

Rachel wants to go but she would need connectivity for school
Wild Bill's Campground - (605) 578-2800
www.wildbillscamp.com

AxleIke
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Funny you were talking about CM and BHCC being the same age.

To me it looks like they have a very similar problem to CM with trail requirements.

I technically qualify for Hal Johns, though I have no business there (assuming i was fine with the body damage part, though, with the amount of armor I'll have, probably better off than some)

Trail descriptions for these events need to be done as requirements for vehicles so that all can have a fun day, and not the bare minimum requirements for vehicles to get through the trail.

Basically, if a guy with my exact truck showed up to a Hal Johns run, the leader would have to turn him away, even though he met all of the requirements. Certainly would bum me out after going all that way and getting pumped to run a trail.

Obviously, this is in no way a slight against the guys of BHCC, but rather an observation that I've had with CM too. I meet the requirements to go on trails there that I have no business on too.

Uncle Ben
03-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Funny you were talking about CM and BHCC being the same age.

To me it looks like they have a very similar problem to CM with trail requirements.

I technically qualify for Hal Johns, though I have no business there (assuming i was fine with the body damage part, though, with the amount of armor I'll have, probably better off than some)

Trail descriptions for these events need to be done as requirements for vehicles so that all can have a fun day, and not the bare minimum requirements for vehicles to get through the trail.

Basically, if a guy with my exact truck showed up to a Hal Johns run, the leader would have to turn him away, even though he met all of the requirements. Certainly would bum me out after going all that way and getting pumped to run a trail.

Obviously, this is in no way a slight against the guys of BHCC, but rather an observation that I've had with CM too. I meet the requirements to go on trails there that I have no business on too.

Actually, BHCC is a small and personal feeling event. When you sign up for trails you will have lots of opportunity to change your mind! :rolleyes: The other side of that scenario is true also as you might get convinced you can do something "over your head" and because of the ultra warm fuzzy atmosphere you will have your back covered by those who talked you into it. It's about as close to wheeling with your immediate family as you'll ever feel in a paid event!

AxleIke
03-13-2009, 05:13 PM
AH! Well, that makes sense then. LOL

Romer
03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Wild Bill's Campground - (605) 578-2800
www.wildbillscamp.com (http://www.wildbillscamp.com)

No verizon service for even cell phones. There is wifi up near the restaraunt and the top part of the campground, but he said sometimes it gets "funny"

Romer
03-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Sent Rhonda a note asking about the surrounding area and Deadwood would be spotty, but Sturgis would have wifi for sure.

She also said there is plenty of room left on registration. At least one Romer is going (me) just trying to see if others want to come.

I am sure if we stayed in a Hotel Bonni would go . . . . and spend the day in Deadwood playing poker while we wheel :D

Man Jerk
03-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Sounds perfect.

Calamity will be an easy trail for you. It is one of the "stocker" runs. I ran it on the last day of the even. At the time, they did not run Hal Johns on the last day to make sure everyone got back for the dinner. Since no one was on the trail we got to try some of the obstacles on Hal Johns without committing to running it. Major bonus. I even got to take some poser shots on some of the more famous obstacles.

rover67
03-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Thinking about doing this event with the group. Any Idea how quickly it will fill up?

bvb
03-24-2009, 11:14 PM
My registration is in the mail! Work will play/pay hell getting me out of this one!:beer: The :Princess:is ready for the trip too!:thumb:

mtncrsr
04-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I have sent in my registration for the BHCC. Looks like I will be bringing out the whole family. Hopefully everything works out!

Rock Dog
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I have also sent in the registration, hope it is accepted.......
want to squeak by in Dakota.....:D maybe i can reduce the creaking and squeakin of the runner by then.....

Convert
04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Received an e-mail from Rhonda my registration was received :thumb:

Romer
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Received an e-mail from Rhonda my registration was received :thumb:

Me too

nuclearlemon
04-16-2009, 10:10 PM
ditto

Hulk
04-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Yup.

bvb
05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm in for the trip! Got a e-mail from Rhonda and it sounds like there is plenty of room on the run. :beer:

PabloCruise
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Can't wait to comb this thread!

We are going, but probably driving the :Princess:'s Mamry out.

Anyone got room for me to ride shotgun?

corsair23
05-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Working on trying to get the whole family to go :thumb:

Are most people planning to drive up on Wednesday? I was thinking about splitting the drive up and staying in Douglas WY Tuesday night if we go. For some reason I was thinking this would be a shorter drive than to Moab but it looks to be 1-2 hours longer...

bigbluefj
05-10-2009, 11:52 PM
it's like 5 hour's from denver is it not??

corsair23
05-11-2009, 12:01 AM
it's like 5 hour's from denver is it not??

Depending upon route, it is more like 7-8 hours (from the southside). 430 or so miles so unless you can avg 80+ mph and don't need to stop for fuel, it will take more than 5 hours. Pulling a popup camper without a Romerized 1FZ it will realistically take 7.5 hours including fuel/food stops. No popup would probably easily knock at least an hour off that time. I imagine once you get into the hills it will be slow going pulling the popup.

bigbluefj
05-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Depending upon route, it is more like 7-8 hours (from the southside). 430 or so miles so unless you can avg 80+ mph and don't need to stop for fuel, it will take more than 5 hours. Pulling a popup camper without a Romerized 1FZ it will realistically take 7.5 hours including fuel/food stops. No popup would probably easily knock at least an hour off that time.

Ahhh princess :Princess::Princess::lmao::lmao: 15 hour's i day's drive come on now suck it up :D:D

Uncle Ben
05-11-2009, 08:10 AM
From here is about the same time as it take to get to Moab. If I'm going with the family we usually go a couple days early and enter the Black Hills on the bottom side and head straight to Hot Springs. Evans Plunge is the pool there and is heap big fun with it's 4 water slides two pools (1 indoor and 1 outdoor) and who can forget the swing ropes from one side of the pool to another? If your a tourist you'll want to check out the Mammoth Site! From there you head straight up through the entire Black Hills. If its your first time you will want to add several days as there is many a great tourist stops all over!

Romer
05-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Jeff, I have made it to Rapid city in under 6 hours and thats past where this is. I bought my Jayco up there for 3 thousand cheaper new than anywhere else, drove up and back in the same day. Even came back through the black hills so I could see Mt Rushmore.

Note once you pass Cheyenne, you will likely not have cell phone coverage, at least thats how it was 3 years ago.

nuclearlemon
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
uncle ben,
what should us newbies expect at this event? is it open camping? are there bathrooms/showers? or should we expect to bring toilets or dig pits? can you give us any pointers? i did hear from someone to use the good gas, cause the low octane can cause pinging in the 80s

Uncle Ben
05-11-2009, 12:09 PM
uncle ben,
what should us newbies expect at this event? is it open camping? are there bathrooms/showers? or should we expect to bring toilets or dig pits? can you give us any pointers? i did hear from someone to use the good gas, cause the low octane can cause pinging in the 80s

Yes....Yes....no.....I am....always! :lmao:

The area where Wild Bills is is superb fishing, gambling and I've heard the saloon life is second to none! ;) The area is very forested and lush (as are the saloons!:lmao:)! Days will get hot as blazes and nights are cool and moist. If it rains the sky's will open up and dump gallons with every drop then usually clear after a short time. A lot of the trails are in box canyons where there is little air movement so you will consume a lot of water and sweat will be part of your days activity. Mozzies are few most of the time but the horse flys and deer flys have been known to carry off Canadians with ease!. Campground will be typical of your Toy event campgrounds and will have a few trying to sleep while other areas will have a fire going all night and the sound of bottles clanking as they get tossed into the trash bags. Every year I have attended there is a strong Minisota contingent that come on strong and territorial but after a few beers and a few lies they will quickly become harmless and your best buddies! ;) The S Dakotans also tend to be similar to the Minisotans with the same results on the peace treaty ritual. The overal feeling in the entire camp will be a family feeling and very laid back. Gas is expensive but plentiful. The raffle and dinner are awesome....and you will need a lot of raffle tickets to compete with Cramer and the Minisotans, don't ya know?

corsair23
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Ahhh princess :Princess::Princess::lmao::lmao: 15 hour's i day's drive come on now suck it up :D:D

You need a couple young 'ens in the back asking "are we there yet?" starting about 10 minutes into the drive :D. 6-8 hours of that and suddenly spending the $100 for a hotel stay to break up the trip doesn't seem so bad :hill:

If I'm going with the family we usually go a couple days early and enter the Black Hills on the bottom side and head straight to Hot Springs. Evans Plunge is the pool there and is heap big fun with it's 4 water slides two pools (1 indoor and 1 outdoor) and who can forget the swing ropes from one side of the pool to another? If your a tourist you'll want to check out the Mammoth Site!

Thanks for the tips :thumb:

Jeff, I have made it to Rapid city in under 6 hours and thats past where this is.

We travelled up there about 4 years ago and I also recall it being about 6 hours...But, that was in a V8 powered Durango with no popup to slow me down :)...I think all the cabins are gone so looks like the popup will be a requirement for the trip...

nuclearlemon
05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
and you will need a lot of raffle tickets to compete with Cramer and the Minisotans, don't ya know?

rumor from mr cramer is that he won't be attending.:(

Romer
05-11-2009, 10:57 PM
We travelled up there about 4 years ago and I also recall it being about 6 hours...But, that was in a V8 powered Durango with no popup to slow me down :)...I think all the cabins are gone so looks like the popup will be a requirement for the trip...

I drove with a pop up back in a non supercharged 80. No mtn passes and nothing to slow you doing driving. You can still do it in about the same time as not towing a camper.

corsair23
05-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I drove with a pop up back in a non supercharged 80. No mtn passes and nothing to slow you doing driving. You can still do it in about the same time as not towing a camper.

Excellent :thumb: - It's obviously been too long...I thought the area from about Custer in got hilly and twisty...

May not matter...Now we are discussing doing the Ouray trip instead :confused:...Sucks to only have so much vacation time and so many fun trips available...

Hulk
05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I love the Ouray trip too. The good news is that it's over Labor Day weekend -- no vacation required. :)

Uncle Ben
05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
rumor from mr cramer is that he won't be attending.:(

He's like a BHCC icon....how can he not go? :confused:

rover67
05-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Looks like I am going to pass this year folks, enjoy!

nuclearlemon
05-13-2009, 11:08 AM
He's like a BHCC icon....how can he not go? :confused:

when i talked to him a month ago, he said he was too busy

Uncle Ben
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Fresh off the e-mail from Rhonda!

Wednesday, July 15
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Registration
2:00-7:00 pm- Technical inspection,
7:30 p.m. Classic Welcome and Driver’s Briefing
9:00 p.m. Night Run Deadwood Lights

Thursday, July 16
7:00 a.m.– 8:00 a.m. Late registration / technical inspection
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Trails rides depart camp
4:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. Trail Rides return
6:30 p.m.-BRC Cincinnati Supper

Friday, July 17
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Trail rides depart camp
4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Trail Rides return
7:30 p.m.- Optional Run to Mt. Rushmore for the Lighting ceremony,
the memorial is free, it costs $8.00 to park

Saturday, July 18
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Trail rides depart camp
5:30 p.m. Special BHCC BBQ Dinner
6:30 p.m. Fabulous Door Prize Drawing,
Closing Ceremonies
(great Prizes; must be present to win)
Sunday, July 19
Pack up and head for home taking with you many wonderful memories.

Calamity Canyon 3+

This is one of the best rock crawling trails for the stock vehicle. This trail is also known as the by-pass trail for Hal Johns. It offers first timers and novice drivers a wonderful experience on the rocks. It can show you just what your vehicle is capable of. This trail offers many creek crossings, even though there is not always water. This is definitely one of the locals favorite trails. It will keep you busy as you negotiate the many obstacles it has to offer. It is a supreme trail as an introduction to Rockcrawling .

Full Size 4/5
"Full Size" is rated a 4. This is a trail where full size/long wheelbase rigs can do some serious rock crawling. The first section starts down a steep hill into an obstacle with a five-foot wall that is as difficult as any. Eventually you will meet up with the Rock Pile. With three-foot boulders and holes on either side, be alert for the possibility of rocker panel or rear quarter panel damage. Depending upon the weather, the next obstacle could be a winch-only waterfall if it is wet. The trail also has a boulder pile and several off-camber spots that can catch you by surprise

Hal Johns 5+
"Hal Johns" is rated a 5+. Three words describe this trail…rocks, rocks, rocks!! This trail is solid rock crawling from start to finish. This trail has a unique feature...there is an observation trial that runs the entire length of the creek, known a Calamity Canyon. It can be used as a bypass or for people who just want to watch the fun. To run the rocks, each vehicle must have two lockers (no limited slips), a winch and a minimum tire size of 33 inches. It is very likely you will probably take body damage...if you attempt obstacles such as the waterfall and skyscraper...with the extent depending upon driving skill and vehicle combination. Be prepared for extreme rock crawling and some of the best times South Dakota has to offer. Spotters can be very helpful on this extremely difficult trail

Kong" is rated a 5.
Kong is not for the timid or faint of heart. It’s a monster trail of gorilla proportions with gigantic rocks, off-camber climbs, uphill narrow traverses and skid plate dragging breakovers ...it is technically very difficult to say the least. Kong is not kind to longer wheelbase vehicles. The trail is only 1/4 mile long, but it is a tough grueling day to make it up this trail...and up is what you do. The trail climbs from start until you finish. This trail is only for the highly experienced driver and superbly equipped vehicles. There are no bypasses on any of Kong’s obstacles and there is no place to turn around. Once you’re in you’re in, This big Monkey has a lot to offer those with experience.

T-Back and Bikine 5
T-Back and Bikini are two little trails often described as hanging on the edge of a cliff with Big stuff to climb over. It is not that scary but it is definitely not for the faint of heart. T-Back is adjacent to Bikini so it also offers a view of Mt Rushmore found nowhere else on earth, we have a special permit to run this trail only for our event as it is in a fire closure from the 2002 Battlecreek fire which started one week after the 2002 BHCC

Raspberry Ridge 3+
"Raspberry Ridge is a wonderful 3+ trail with woopies steep hills and lot’s of fun. We start this trail with the bypass to Jake This is a wonderful family friendly trail as every member of the family should enjoy this mildly technical trail. The raspberries should be perfect for picking. Bring a baggie along as this trail truly does offer the best in Wild Raspberries

Iceman4/4+

"Iceman" is rated a 4+. This trail departs early since we have a little farther to go than most of the trails. As you arrive above the trail deep in a canyon, the view will take your breath away. As your passenger sweats out the near vertical drop to the bottom, you will be glad they are alert. After we reach the bottom, hopefully slower than gravity dictates, the trail begins. And, it begins with the good stuff…rocks that move and little off-cambers that require you to pick your line carefully. Zig Zag falls will test you and your vehicle. The Hitch Hole will determine your approach and departure angles and the Log Jam can reach out and bite your transfer case. After exiting the trail, we wind our way through the forest back to the campground. This trail is for lifted and locked vehicles. This trail is rock crawling at it's best.

Fruity Pebbles and Captain Crunch 5+

Fruity Pebbles and Captain Crunch are new trails to the Black Hills Cruiser Classic. The Participants of the BHCC 2008 were the first ever to have a permit on this virgin trail. Fruity Pebbles starts out slow, and grows from there. The obstacles are many, this trail keeps giving challenge after challenge. Take your extra parts and be ready for body damage, but don’t worry it is not inevitable. This trail is recommended only for the seasoned wheeler. Captain Crunch is much the same.

Flat Nasty 5

Flat Nasty matches it’s name pretty good, you don’t climb Hills, but it is NASTY. Many have attempted to run this trail and lived to regret it, It is spectator and camera friendly. We highly recommend only seasoned wheelers attempt this. Breakage is not a requirement, but it is a real possibility

Dugan’s Prospect 3+/4

Dugan’s Prospect is rated a 4. This trail is a beginner rock run with a little bit of everything…rocks, trees and several fun "Glory Holes" which will makes for a very interesting day. The trail is divided into halves with a short run through the trees separating the two halves. The trail then drops down into the Gauntlet. Once we get through the Gauntlet, we'll make a big turn and let the rocks have one more shot at our rigs as we climb back up the Gauntlet…great photo opportunity. And back out to the highway then home to camp.

Jake 4/4+
Jake" is rated a difficult 4. This is a technical rock crawling trail that is relentless…it just doesn't let up. It starts the instant you drop into the drainage and is rock after rock until you climb out. After Pinion Falls you go on to Big Bertha. Along the way you will have to negotiate a maze of rock uncovered by rains and spring thaws with an occasional water fall thrown in just to keep things interesting. Body damage is possible, but can be avoided with careful lines. Just when you think your done with the trail there is one more surprise thrown in. Don't let this trail's length fool you. Although the trail is only a half mile long, don't plan on getting back to the campground early.

We will also be offering Polo Peak, Lost Gulch, and road to Galena which are both 3 rated trails

bigbluefj
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
So when is everyone leaving???

Uncle Ben
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
So when is everyone leaving???

Right now we are leaving Wednesday, 7/15 at about noon, right after Lori's PT. We are driving straight to Deadwood (Wild Bills). We are discussing what to do Sunday but I think we will spend Sunday Night somewhere in the southern Black Hills.

nuclearlemon
07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
heading out weds here too. looks like my buddy robert might ride along with me too:thumb:

Romer
07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Heading out Wednesday as well

bvb
07-02-2009, 10:58 PM
The :Princess: and I are looking to head-out on Monday and have a day to R&R. :beer:

bigbluefj
07-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Well if all goes good Shane Boss and myself should be there fri the 10th night time early sat sometime will see how thing's pan out..

Kevin

Beachboy
07-03-2009, 09:16 PM
We will be heading out there on Thursday, 7/09. We checked into staying at Custer State Park that week - it is booked! Also if anyone goes through Lusk, WY. on their way up, there is a great pizza place in town on the left side ( I don't remember the name, but not many restaurants in town). The owner also did the dinner at the event last year (BBQ), it was great.
Brian

Rock Dog
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
i plan to leave Monday if all goes well.... still working on Squeaky (finding alot of Moab mud under it)... Don't know if i will be able to run 35's, or be running the little 33"s on the trails... either way it sounds like a kick... can't wait...

Plan to pull the runner up with the 80, so it may be slower going.....

bvb
07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Neil,

Let me know when you plan to leave and we can connect on the 2M or caravan. I'm pulling the 60 behind the motor home and will be a little slow too. :beer::beer:

Convert
07-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Heading out Wednesday am

nuclearlemon
07-05-2009, 10:30 AM
hey unc...is there a grocery store close by the campground? i usually do my shopping when i get where i'm going. or should i stop in wyoming somewhere and grab food?

thanks

Uncle Ben
07-05-2009, 12:14 PM
hey unc...is there a grocery store close by the campground? i usually do my shopping when i get where i'm going. or should i stop in wyoming somewhere and grab food?

thanks

Deadwood is but a short drive away!

mtncrsr
07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
We are planning on leaving Wednesday morning towing the 40 behind the Tahoe.

Hulk
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
We are planning on leaving Saturday, 7/11.

So what trails are you all running? Sounds like they have some great choices!

bigbluefj
07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Can some one give me a call 1 403 404 7492 just woundering if someone can pick something that i left behind, my WOK utensils are back home and i need them to make a stir fry will pay for them on arrival ..

Thanks ..

Kevin

bigbluefj
07-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Can some one give me a call 1 403 404 7492 just woundering if someone can pick something that i left behind, my WOK utensils are back home and i need them to make a stir fry will pay for them on arrival ..

Thanks ..

Kevin

Cell phone no work here!!!

Please email me

bvb
07-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Kevin,
I'll be traveling in the RV and the :Princess: keeps us well stocked with everything. If it is a cooking utensil, we'll have something you can use. We'll be there Monday evening space #64.

bigbluefj
07-12-2009, 08:14 AM
good goimg to deadwood today to see about a bird!!

Uncle Ben
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
So.......whos in what spots? Just confirmed with the campground that Lori, Megan and I will be in Cabin #2

Romer
07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I asked for the higher current RV spot, They didnt give me a number, said I would find out when I get there.

Convert
07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
We are in cabin 6 or 7

bigbluefj
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Well i'm in site 8 across from cabin 2

nuclearlemon
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
So.......whos in what spots? Just confirmed with the campground that Lori, Megan and I will be in Cabin #2

tenting it, so no clue.

Romer
07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Well i'm in site 8 across from cabin 2

Kevin, how is the wireless there? Rachel is stressing about that as she has to post for school a couple of times while we are up there

Uncle Ben
07-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Kevin, how is the wireless there? Rachel is stressing about that as she has to post for school a couple of times while we are up there

Call the campground. If I remember right there is mediocre wireless near the office/store/cafe but none anywhere else in the campground. Our favorite Canook keeps posting up so there must be something. :bowdown:

Romer
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Call the campground. If I remember right there is mediocre wireless near the office/store/cafe but none anywhere else in the campground. Our favorite Canook keeps posting up so there must be something. :bowdown:

I did a few months ago, just asking how it is from Boss's Dad:D perspective

They told me its great around the office, but not very good anywhere else.

Kevin's verification of reliable wireless will help me sooth her, which in turn makes it easier on me:D and I am sure as a Dad you know what I mean.

bigbluefj
07-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Well shane and i had a change of plans we are now in site 5 due to a flash flood in site 8 last night big hail / rain storm came threw and flooded the site we were in and the net is pretty good here...

Kevin

bigbluefj
07-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Well shane and i had a change of plans we are now in site 5 due to a flash flood in site 8 last night big hail / rain storm came threw and flooded the site we were in and the net is pretty good here...

Kevin

So who ever is tenting try to avoid site #8 due to the chance of flooding in heavey rain

PabloCruise
07-14-2009, 03:23 PM

Leanne and I will short-sheet the beds on our way out! :D

PabloCruise
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
We are in cabin 6 or 7

You are in 6, we'll be in 7 starting Wednesday!

PabloCruise
07-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Wireless works fine from cabin 2!!!

Convert
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
You are in 6, we'll be in 7 starting Wednesday!

Thanks for the info

PabloCruise
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info

We're looking fwd to seeing you!

bigbluefj
07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info

Yes look forward to seeing you also :D:D

Convert
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Kevin